Dog Fights map

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
SamCarver

Dog Fights map

Post by SamCarver »

Zac asked me to make this available. I havent worked on it in over 2 yrs. Its still beta but totally playable you may run into a few bugs. Plus I had intended on making some improvements. Let me know any suggestions you have.

About it:
Its different than a normal map. Its sort of a novelty but fun. The premise is you are a fighting dog owner and competing in a underground dog fight being hosted by The Deceiver. The fights are divided into 2 rounds. The first round is "training" and the second is "fighting". You can play up to 8 players.

The Pit:
Its a fighting pit in a desert. There are some hazards to avoid in the pit. There are explosive barrels, plus their are audience members throwing in dwarf bottles and shooting flaming arrows. As the fight goes on more people show up to see the fight so the hazards increase. There are Jmen in the audience that will throw out sacks of guts. In some of those sacks there are Pig heads and Hams. These give your dog a temporary bonus. Each Player has a certain amount of Chickens and Pigs on their team these are uncontrollable and are splashed with paint matching each players color.

Training:
During training you are trying to Vet up your Dog to give it a better chance in the fighting round. You do this by controlling your Dog to kill opponents Chickens and Pigs. Chickens increase Vet number by 1. Pigs increase Vet number by 3. The Dogs can vet to very high levels with each Vet increasing the Dogs attack speed by a small amount. Your Dog cannot die during the Training round. If its health gets too low it will be teleported to it corner with its Handler and will sit out until the Fighting round starts. You can attack an opponents Dog during Training but you wont be able to kill it. You can though knock it out of Training and limit the amount it can Vet up. A horn will sound at the end of Training round. All the Chickens and pigs in the Pit will be killed off. You will lose control of your Dog and it will be teleported to its corner with its Handler. Your Jman Handler has 1 heal it can be used at ANY time.

Fighting:
Another horn will sound and the fighting round will begin. Your Dogs are no longer under your control. They have been trained now they will have to fight on their own. Each Dog has an AI, the same very random AI. So really anything can happen but, the better Vetted Dog will have a better chance at winning. With 8 dogs fighting it get pretty exciting and suspenseful. Dogs will get double teamed triple teamed etc. A dog could be near death the Dog attacking it gets attacked by another Dog, turns away from yours. Yours runs away, comes back and double teams the Dog that had previously been killing it. Dogs will attack and run, chase down other Dogs Etc. Its fun to watch and see what they do. The Dogs fight until the last one standing.

Bonus Items: Hams and Heads. These will randomly appear in the sacks the Jmen in the audience throw.
Hams: Will give your Dog invincibility for a random amount of time 5-15 secs.
Heads: This will increase your Dogs bite/attack strength for 5-15 secs.
Both of these are very beneficial during Training.

Misc:
Killing a Dog = 5 Vets

You can use your heal during the Fighting round. There is a little risk in that your Dog has to get close enough to the Jman Handler for him to heal. Heal will work about half way across the Pit.

Special attack: Each Dog has a special attack. He becomes enraged and does large amounts of damage in a ferocious attack. The attack works on Mana. The Mana will increase with each kill the Dog makes. You can use this Special Attack during Training or your Dog will randomly/probably use it on its own during the Fighting round. Sometimes this can happen at just the right moment. Your dog being attacked and just about dead when it decides to use its special attack and kills the other Dog.

Game Types are. BC-Lmoth and Assassin.

Playing in a Ranked room you would be effectively gambling for points. Doesnt really matter much anymore.

The more dogs fighting the better and more exciting the fight will be.

No matter the Vet level of a Dog any Dog can win a Dog can pull of a victory at the very last second.

You can enable Vets on this. But since it is a fight to the last Dog during the next Fight that Dog will have a huge advantage.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions you may have. I like the idea of having AI fighting so I would maybe do some more like this.
Here is the link to the page with the Plugin. Its at the bottom of the page "dog_fights_beta" Its at an old site I had just to make maps available.

http://thebutchersmaps.weebly.com/

switch

Re: Dog Fights map

Post by switch »

Could this be the next clue?

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

STB this is freakin amazing

SamCarver

Post by SamCarver »

Thanks LSO. Like I said I like scripting and giving units AI and some randomness and watching them fight. Its pretty cool to see what happens because you never know. Let me know any bugs you find. I know I had a few things to fix its been so long since Ive done anything with it I dont remember what there were. Also any other features you think would be cool I could put them in.

You should try out the Bowmen Grounds Solo map. It has some smarter than normal Bowmen AI you can Bowmen duel with. Its good for archer practice. I'm currently working another version with better AI. I may do some other training type maps with other units.

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

I used to play BG a lot

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Someone post screenshots and tell me if this is worth downloading or not.

par73

Post by par73 »

in b4 "sam the butcher is a big fan of michael vick"

SamCarver

Post by SamCarver »

par73 wrote:in b4 "sam the butcher is a big fan of michael vick"

Lol, Not hardly, I am big time against animal abuse.

Return to “Eblis Stone”