Forum Content

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
punkUser

Forum Content

Post by punkUser »

Ok guys the content here is getting a bit ridiculous and completely unrelated to Myth. As I've mentioned a few times I have no desire to continue to host random USA political and social commentary and other nonsense - there's any number of better places to take that stuff. One NBA thread was fine, but we're way across the line now.

So take this as a warning to stick to Myth on these forums and take the rest of it elsewhere or I may be forced to close down the non-tournament and metaserver related parts of the forum here. Remember that's ultimately what the forum is here for, not the rest of the silliness.

switch

Re: Forum Content

Post by switch »

really there are only a few loudmouth racists causing all the trouble. Can you please just ban people who are causing offense?

Another option: bring OM back as a mod. I for one was impressed with his dilligent work at Marius net, and would appreciate having someone with his stern temperament for legalisim running discussion here.

It's unfortunate that some users have such narrow horizons that they can't get enough of a shitposting fix on /pol.

sasper

Post by sasper »

switch wrote:really there are only a few loudmouth racists causing all the trouble. Can you please just ban people who are causing offense?

Another option: bring OM back as a mod. I for one was impressed with his dilligent work at Marius net, and would appreciate having someone with his stern temperament for legalisim running discussion here.

It's unfortunate that some users have such narrow horizons that they can't get enough of a shitposting fix on /pol.
you're not going to win any friends inviting OM back. besides, the recent nonsense on the forums is nothing more than obvious light hearted trolling. if you can't handle that you need some lessons in internet.

grim had a novel solution back in 2008ish mwc forums when people were posting NSFW images. everytime one of the usual culprits tried to post an image, he had a script changing [img] into , making it impossible for them to post bad images.

switch

Post by switch »

besides, the recent nonsense on the forums is nothing more than obvious light hearted trolling. if you can't handle that you need some lessons in internet.
I'm glad you were able to tell from my obviously light hearted trolling that you needed to defend yourself from the charge of racism that was not directed at you.

But I guess the shoe fits, hunh Sasper?

sasper

Post by sasper »

the charge of racism would be more likely be directed at someone like KROK than me. but thats just the thing - no one takes KROK seriously; he's just a harmless clown lightening up an otherwise dead game. anybody taking the likes of KROK seriously and becoming offended by him needs to check themselves in for an extended stay at a mental institution.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Whatever guys - this isn't a debate and I don't care if it's light hearted sarcasm or whatever else. It doesn't belong on these forums if it has nothing to do with Myth.

Seriously guys, just go set up a room at https://discordapp.com/ or similar and do whatever you want there :)

switch

Post by switch »

Punkuser, perhaps you could enforce and clarify your ruling that non-myth related content should be removed or curtailed. I for one completely agree with you that these forums should focus on myth content, or content development for and by myth players. I think some clarity here would be helpful. I'm not at all clear what that entails at this point, let alone, what you consider to be acceptable conduct. I'm frankly baffled that you continue to allow this forum to exist since it appears to displease you so.

omylrake

Post by omylrake »

switch wrote:Another option: bring OM back as a mod. I for one was impressed with his dilligent work at Marius net, and would appreciate having someone with his stern temperament for legalisim running discussion here.
Clearly switch, for a myth player, you have an uncommonly high level of intelligence and common sense.

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

I wasn't even around during the OM Dictatorship but I've heard enough about it to hate it, terrible idea switch

omylrake

Post by omylrake »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:I wasn't even around during the OM Dictatorship but I've heard enough about it to hate it, terrible idea switch
Wasn't a dictatorship, om was one of several admins, just the most active one in enforcing mariusnet's owner's rules. Always exceptions, but players who had a problem with any rules or who disagreed with the server's owner's desire to have the site be a place a player could bring his kids or 9 year old nephew to play Myth without the kid getting called a cocksucking idiot were the ones who got their accounts banned or locked. And yea, today they are still bitching and whining about someone who hasn't been an admin for years.

No surprise some of those same people are the ones who can't even follow PunkUser's one simple 'rule' of these forums to keep topics myth related.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Every single myth forum has had a lot of non-myth related content of the years. That's a cold, hard fact...

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Pogue wrote:Every single myth forum has had a lot of non-myth related content of the years. That's a cold, hard fact...
Also a completely irrelevant one.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I'm not trying to be an ass PunkUser, but some of the best stuff to come out of myth forums has been political and or straight up trolling. Don't see any reason why you should be mad about that? No one is attacking you. What does it matter if someone goes on some political rant? 99% of what Myther's say is tongue in cheek. Kinda like myself....before you banned me a week for innocent trolling :( I'm most grateful that you started a server. :D

par73

Post by par73 »

so can we continue to have discussions in the nba/nfl sports threads and what not ?

or do i have judgemental illness and sasper to blame for spamming the forums with pointless threads so now everything we discuss must be myth related.

how long can we even beat the dead horse of myth 2 ? what is 'new' about myth 2 that would make it even relevant to bring up? the sad part is when you frame 'myth relevance' for threads that you basically validate flame threads directed at players who make mistakes/care about what others thing of their myth persona. meanwhile ska could be posting about ponies and shit, i am disappoint.

i think the forums would have died years ago without allowing other players to express their thoughts on other aspects of reality such as the football world cup or what its like to never leave your mother's basement

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

omylrake wrote:
switch wrote:Another option: bring OM back as a mod. I for one was impressed with his dilligent work at Marius net, and would appreciate having someone with his stern temperament for legalisim running discussion here.
Clearly switch, for a myth player, you have an uncommonly high level of intelligence and common sense.
LOL

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Pogue wrote:I'm not trying to be an ass PunkUser, but some of the best stuff to come out of myth forums has been political and or straight up trolling. Don't see any reason why you should be mad about that? No one is attacking you. What does it matter if someone goes on some political rant? 99% of what Myther's say is tongue in cheek. Kinda like myself....before you banned me a week for innocent trolling :( I'm most grateful that you started a server. :D
I think as long as discussions don't turn into 17 threads on here and spam threads, and as long as nobody is personally threatening or attacking others, its fine. Political discussion (LOL STFU BERNIE SANDERS SUPPORTS, etc.) should be fine. Shared opinions make the world go round.

dac

Post by dac »

punkUser wrote:Ok guys the content here is getting a bit ridiculous and completely unrelated to Myth. As I've mentioned a few times I have no desire to continue to host random USA political and social commentary and other nonsense - there's any number of better places to take that stuff. One NBA thread was fine, but we're way across the line now.

So take this as a warning to stick to Myth on these forums and take the rest of it elsewhere or I may be forced to close down the non-tournament and metaserver related parts of the forum here. Remember that's ultimately what the forum is here for, not the rest of the silliness.
stick it in a subforum and be done with it. i'm not sure why any of this bothers you, honestly.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Pogue wrote:I'm not trying to be an ass PunkUser, but some of the best stuff to come out of myth forums has been political and or straight up trolling.
And I'm not either - my point is that there's really no good reason why any of that belongs on these forums vs. a much more modern tool like Discord or similar that provides other services too. These forums exist primarily to provide a signup location for metaserver accounts and tourney organization - it was and never has been a goal to serve as a community hub or anything like that.
par73 wrote:so can we continue to have discussions in the nba/nfl sports threads and what not ?
Again, there's no good reason why that should exist here but as it was all nicely contained to one thread and no one complains about any of the content, it isn't a big issue.
par73 wrote: how long can we even beat the dead horse of myth 2 ? what is 'new' about myth 2 that would make it even relevant to bring up?
And it's perfectly ok for the vast majority of content to move elsewhere. I fully agree that the traffic here will be light and basically just tourney stuff and GoS-related bug reports or similar, although I'm happy if you guys want to move tourney forums somewhere else too (obviously stats and games and replays can use the system here regardless) - up to you guys.
dac wrote: stick it in a subforum and be done with it. i'm not sure why any of this bothers you, honestly.
As soon as it crosses over into personal attacks, people getting mad and leaving, content being posted that needs moderation, etc. it takes my time and that is regardless of the legitimacy of the arguments from either side. Secondarily there are reasons why it would be good to separate out the regular community discussion stuff from GoS server stuff going forward - I'll leave that a bit vague but having lots of off-topic and potentially offensive content sitting on the forums for the one currently operating metaserver for Myth 2 is not optimal.

I fully agree that there should be a place for people to chat about whatever they want and the good news is the barrier for entry has never been lower for that kind of thing. Again I'll mention discord as a good option that is free and also gets folks VOIP and other nice stuff. It just can't continue to be GoS forums, so I'm going to have to start phasing that part out.

I'd highly recommend someone (i.e. not me) set up a Discord channel or similar and we can go from there.

shinco

Post by shinco »

Every time you force the community to move, you're losing people.

You're killing myth.

shinco

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

shinco wrote:Every time you force the community to move, you're losing people.
So just curiously, do you count yourself among the folks who actually plays Myth, or not? ;) I question whether your definition of the "myth" is actually anything beyond forum trash talk at this point.

I should put a post limit based on games played on the metaserver; talk about encouraging folks to play in a way that clearly speaks to the vast majority of the people here :D

sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

I, for one, applaud punkUser for his diligence to maintain a civil atmosphere. Thank you for deleting DBSeeker's slanderous and unwarranted attack posts. It's about time that someone put him in his place.

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

TB, I think your post is slanderous & unwarranted. Where is the proof of my divisive personal attacks?

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

I am witness to DBSeeker's awful slanderous attacks.

shinco

Post by shinco »

punkUser wrote:
shinco wrote:Every time you force the community to move, you're losing people.
So just curiously, do you count yourself among the folks who actually plays Myth, or not? ;) I question whether your definition of the "myth" is actually anything beyond forum trash talk at this point.

I should put a post limit based on games played on the metaserver; talk about encouraging folks to play in a way that clearly speaks to the vast majority of the people here :D
So Willis mays can't talk about baseball because he hasn't played in 40 years.

shinco

sharkdrivingabus

You're not the Willie or Willis Mays of myth, Shinco. Maybe the Will Clark ;)

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

More like the Will Hung.

shinco

Post by shinco »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:You're not the Willie or Willis Mays of myth, Shinco. Maybe the Will Clark ;)

Be easy. Myth HOF

shinco

sharkdrivingabus

<3

I'm also in the myth HOF! Cheeze made me a playing card and everything!!!

I'm basically the Roger Bresnahan of the myth HOF. I really don't belong, but I played at an average level for such a long time that I kind of got inducted by default. :)

What's your excuse, Willie? ;)

par73

Post by par73 »

oh damn my HOF card has been lost in the history books

DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

Agree with shinco.

On another note, LSO is an unreliable witness.

dac

Post by dac »

sharkdrivingabus wrote:You're not the Willie or Willis Mays of myth, Shinco. Maybe the Will Clark ;)

going back to the tfl days, definitely jose canseco. cheated and bashed his way to celests, ratted out everybody else when they became admins cuz they were his bash buddies :lol:

par73

Post by par73 »

a former yankee nonetheless

Return to “Eblis Stone”