Myth World Cup 2015

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.

Host

You may select 1 option

View results

shadow

Myth World Cup 2015

Post by shadow »

Who will host this year ?

grim

Re: Myth World Cup 2015

Post by grim »

Was there MWC last year?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

A very awful version of MWC happened last year. There were only 3 teams that provided any worthwhile games. Myth 2 is dead unfortunately.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Someone will swoop in and save the day.

shadow

Post by shadow »

Yeah. Someone must host.
CAUSE RAWR DON'T WIN IT

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

MWC is being replaced with a Glad Derp tourney hosted by Kirk and Kryptos.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Even if someone does decide to step up and host MWC I'm not sure it would matter. There isn't enough competitive players anymore to make a tournament enjoyable. I would be much more interested in just showing up for some good games 1 day unless someone could pull off some miracle where several competitive-tournament-level players came back and participated (which wouldn't happen).

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I've played a whopping 2 games in 2015 so far... but I'd come back for a ONE DAY tourney or something... not a fucking chance I'm dedicating a day every weekend of the entire summer for some half-assed rendition of MWC though.

killerking

Post by killerking »

So who's organising this 1 day tournament then?
Milk man?

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

killerking wrote:So who's organising this 1 day tournament then?
Anybody but Milk man?

switch

Post by switch »

MWC 2015: GKG assembles his superteam and challenges anyone to defeat him.

No one does.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZKfuj23nY[/youtube]

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

adrenaline wrote:I've played a whopping 2 games in 2015 so far...
That still puts you in the top 10 active players!

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

i actually logged on last night for about 20 seconds just to see if anyone was on... there were 27 people online. i was shocked.

switch

Post by switch »

The problem last night was that everyone was playing "Gladiators"- apparently Kirk's favourite now- which I guess is the Mazz of 2015. There were also those autistic guys playing WW2 No Surrender LMOTH. I had a few games of FFA going, but never got the 2team threshold crossed. Despite my ongoing efforts, I have been unable to maintain a large 2 team game for more than one or two games. I've noticed that people are, somehow since it's now 2015 AD, still unaware of how to captain a basic 2 team map, let alone, how to effectively role play in such an environment.

What I've noticed over the last few months is 1) a dramatic decline in the quality of play over all, combined with 2) a general exodus to coop games (no doubt because most hosts for FFA are either autohosts, or are hosting Appalachian Hot springs), leading to 3) dismal FFA and 2team sportsmanship and commitment. Add to this the assclowns who are still playing on 2 or more accounts to cheat (god can only imagine why). Needless to say, every once and a while Milkman or Rat King or Pogue or RAWR will swing by and win a few games, but, again, the gameplay is so uncompetitive (I'm guessing) there isn't enough incentive for these players to stick around.

In sum, we've reached some kind of critical nadir for Myth 2 competitive play. The charity work of the top tier players has finally been exhausted, and the remaining middle tier MWC players who play regularly are not committed enough to run tournaments.

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Myth has been dead for 3 years. The same 3 hardcore playing teams have been player shuffleing that all the other teams just don't give a shit anymore. There are so many alterntiive games out there now that myth has just died with the times. Who is to blame? You could say bungie but they sold out to nazisoft ages ago to do their bidding so they really don't have much of a choice nowdays. Myth is just one of these games that has bitten the dust from age like so many other great classics.

The ONLY way to revive myth is to re-release a HD version on steam which is a phase that a lot of old games are going through right now. Like heroes might and magic, baldurs gate, resident evil ect. If myth did that and thats assuming all the corporate bullshit was out of the way, then yes there would be a large influx of new players resulting in a new generation and probally 3-10 more years of tournaments depending on admin support.

I still talk to a lot of the deer players often, everyone has kind of moved on for work and their life with families ect like a lot of other mythers who just dont have the time to commit to such a lenthy timeframe for a tournament.

When I see former myth people playing dota and league of legends who were 5 ball mythers I know for a fact myth is dead because those games are for people who lack proper managerial skills in micro.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

fuck LoL and dota... CS:GO is where it's at.

Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

[quote="adrenaline"]I've played a whopping 2 games in 2015 so far...

I'll join in on adren's statement above. Even I haven't played more and that should say alot. I hardly belive someone would rally up a mwc this year. Kudos to the guy making it happend though.

shadow

Post by shadow »

adrenaline wrote:I've played a whopping 2 games in 2015 so far... but I'd come back for a ONE DAY tourney or something... not a fucking chance I'm dedicating a day every weekend of the entire summer for some half-assed rendition of MWC though.
oh you filthy idiot
Where inspirational speech ? Where 10 000 $ as prize money ? Where massive PR company to get old players back ?
You calling yourself succesful and can't find money for game of your life. Game which you play for decade as a half-time job.
Fuckin fart bitch canadian gang bang cocksucker slimeball

Where kirk and his V8 bank account ? where paris and all the money he got from drug trade in university ? where asmo and money he saved from breakfasts ? Where all euro trash and they euros ? Where australian aboriginals ?

Poorest community ever. Losers.
You all kill MYTH.

Hadzenegger

Post by Hadzenegger »

When I stopped playing around two yrs (or so) ago glad was the most played coop map, I logged on for first time a couple weeks ago and glad was the only thing being played. Lucky for Krok I was there to save his ass time and time again until victory was achieved. Kewnz.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Hadzenegger wrote:When I stopped playing around two yrs (or so) ago glad was the most played coop map.
Wait, Glad is two years old? How can you even play that more than once without dropping.....

wwo

Post by wwo »

I will "host". Declare if you want to play. I will put people on teams as I see fit for both competitiveness and drama.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Pogue wrote:
Hadzenegger wrote:When I stopped playing around two yrs (or so) ago glad was the most played coop map.
Wait, Glad is two years old? How can you even play that more than once without dropping.....

Glad Dep is nearly 4 years old. Gladiators has been around for several years though. THERES MORE THAN 1 MAP POGUE LOL.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

I'm going to be away from internet most of the summer so I can't play but just wanted to point out that if you guys capped the teams at 4 or 5 and payed smaller maps I bet you could have a pretty fun MWC still. Just a thought.

shadow

Post by shadow »

DO IT WWO

grim

Post by grim »

I think it's over, guys.

shinco

Post by shinco »

So if I come back now, I can be the best again?

shinco

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbXQXKXAHfE[/youtube] this one is for Hadiez

shadow

Post by shadow »

drunken gtfo
irrelevant piece of derp

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

shadow wrote:drunken gtfo
irrelevant piece of derp
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1RnHEa6YeQ[/youtube]

Shadow Represent derp bro LOL

ruin

Post by ruin »

we should have an mwc so i can play one last time. :O people could pitch in for the pot. i could throw in mb 50.

shinco

Post by shinco »

ruin wrote:we should have an mwc so i can play one last time. :O people could pitch in for the pot. i could throw in mb 50.

I'd pitch in and I don't even play the game anymore.

shinco

shadow

Post by shadow »

saddest days

NO MORE MWC

we don't even play kickball !
even once at month
FAAGS

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Mwc was fun but unfortunately grim is right. Super teams made it and also broke it. Had a lot of fun and 15+ years (half of my life) was a great run.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Honkey wrote:Mwc was fun but unfortunately grim is right. Super teams made it and also broke it. Had a lot of fun and 15+ years (half of my life) was a great run.
Hmmm not sure how that part is true. I have been on both kinds of teams; the contenders and the middle of the pack teams and I have found both to be enjoyable. I would say the decline of MWC each year would have to do more with the lack of capable team organizers stepping up and the obvious, time.

shinco

Post by shinco »

Asmodian wrote:
Honkey wrote:Mwc was fun but unfortunately grim is right. Super teams made it and also broke it. Had a lot of fun and 15+ years (half of my life) was a great run.
Hmmm not sure how that part is true. I have been on both kinds of teams; the contenders and the middle of the pack teams and I have found both to be enjoyable. I would say the decline of MWC each year would have to do more with the lack of capable team organizers stepping up and the obvious, time.
2004 BME set the bar so high, it was only inevitable that it would die eventually.

shinco

enc

Post by enc »

sup grim

sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

God dammit ruin how am I supposed to find you anymore?

legendary parpar

Post by legendary parpar »

on the asteroids, i'm sure your genius darling little flower picker already has a telescope at this point. you should ask her if you can borrow what you hath paid for.

sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

It took me a few minutes to figure out what you were talking about.

I miss those days. Simpler times for all of us - her most of all.

grim

Post by grim »

You are an awesome man, TB.

Enc is too.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I'll host it.
FAIR.
FUN.
FENOMINAL.

Fake Sheik

Post by Fake Sheik »

grim wrote:You are an awesome man, TB.

Enc is too.
Quit posting on forum and start team penis pump jabroni punk.

Return to “Eblis Stone”