Screen Names in Bold & Italics

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
SamsWrath

Screen Names in Bold & Italics

Post by SamsWrath »

I don't play often but, when I do log in I notice that no one else uses bold or italics in their screen names.

Did everyone forget how or is it no longer considered the 'cool' thing to do?

grim

Re: Screen Names in Bold & Italics

Post by grim »

It stopped being cool when I stopped doing it, which was like 9 years ago.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

choke on a dick, grim. i want my stolen mwc 2009 trophy back. That way I can have a ring on all 5 fingers.

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

SamsWrath wrote:I don't play often but, when I do log in I notice that no one else uses bold or italics in their screen names.

Did everyone forget how or is it no longer considered the 'cool' thing to do?
The way the login system works may have confused players as to what their options are in regard to formatting their logins. In previous servers the screen name and login were separate. That may have made them used to the idea of changing their screen names to characters that look like letters when put together the way Milk Man does currently.

With the way this server does things, options are different. Some players don't know they can still use bold and italics without changing their logins. The server strips out the formatting to know the login. So this will allow the server to treat you logging on as "|bSamsWrath", "|iSams|bWrath", and any other variation the same as "SamsWrath".

Or people could have simply lost interest in formatting names and don't care about little details like that anymore.

Return to “Eblis Stone”