Can I use my windows XP Myth folder on MAC?

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Renwood

Can I use my windows XP Myth folder on MAC?

Post by Renwood »

Hey punk, Can I use my windows XP Myth folder on MAC? Can I just copy and paste my entire myth folder onto my friends Mac and then just double click the Mac OSX version of Myth 2 1.8 to start it up? He has a $6000 graphic workstation with tons of horsepower and I need to use his comp just to get some super awesome shot with FRAPS that my old computer just cant handle. With fraps on and myth with a ton of stuff going on it slows me down to like 4 FPS, which makes it impossible to get nice smooth shots. He lives far away so I cant just go over to his house in a few mins to test it out. Thanks for any help on this.

Renwood

Re: Can I use my windows XP Myth folder on MAC?

Post by Renwood »

O thanks Pyro!
I know windows RT does not work with 1.8 What I'm talking about is if 1.8 touch works with win 8 monitors (like big touch monitors). I know it works with win 8 tablets as seen in the 1.8 video preview. No mention of dedicated touch monitors supporting 1.8 has even been mentioned in everything I have seen.

Ooga is trying to get into TFL "fear" so he can check out the settings for TFL dorf attacks, Bottles, Fetch lightning and other TFL-ish things so we can port them to the Myth HD total conversion for the TFL solo levels and multiplayer levels. Much like I am sure magma had to do while creating the vTFL feature for myth 2. I know you need 3rd party programs and apps to open up TFL's "fear" settings but we don't know which ones. I also really want to get into the TFL string lists and sound files as well. If you would know how to do that also.

I'll get on hotline at some point as well.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Renwood wrote:O thanks Pyro!
I know windows RT does not work with 1.8 What I'm talking about is if 1.8 touch works with win 8 monitors (like big touch monitors).
Yes, any Win8 machine with multitouch. (Technically I think Win7 will work at the moment too, although we may not continue to support that in the future as there are very few Win7 touch machines out there.)

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

O cool beans Punk! Thanks for the quick reply. I'm guessing there is no way to map key commands in Myth's prefs to the touch gestures in game. I would be a LOT more interested to play it on a win8 tablet if I was able to map or create my own gesture interface actions. Like I do the gesture and it records what I just did and maps it to whatever action i tell it. I gotta think I could find a more user friendly way to do some of those touch commands as shown in your 1.8 preview video where you use the win8 tablet and film it. The scroll and pan for instance, they seem very odd to me.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Not really. You can use something like http://gestureworks.com/ to do touch "macros" of a sort, but mostly it's what is built into the game. Three finger stuff initially seems weird but it's better to have 1 finger reserved for band select and regular clicking in Myth (as that needs to be much faster) and two finger pinch/orbit feels much more natural. In the future I might play with doing two finger pan as well but that gets into the slightly jarring territory of the touch response "deciding" at some point which gesture you're trying to do and locking out the other ones, which in my initial testing felt much less predictable than just using a third finger.

Anyways as I said, I might tweak it some more at some point, but there are higher priority things unless lots of folks start using it all of a sudden ;)

Return to “Eblis Stone”