Par's Draft Tournament: Canceled

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Chohan

Re: Par's World Cup: PDTII

Post by Chohan »

If we go with only 7 per team it's probably gonna fail hard.

shadow

Post by shadow »

Agree, 36-40 is minimum. Where all euro players (pk, dantski, gekko, grim, rabican etc), where muricans (zak, flatline, ghengis, bunny tranny, milkman, HH, etc), where THOR, adrenaline, august, ska, kryptos, gabba, dac macdac, honkey, bolero, derpwood, sam gru, jahral, and my idiot welly. They was active in past few months.
Contact them through fb, aim, pigeon post, w/e it takes.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

shadow wrote:where muricans (zak, flatline, ghengis, bunny tranny, milkman, HH, etc).
Flatline is not from america

grim

Post by grim »

Firstly, I haven't played a single game of myth since the Mwc2012 finals and even then the only games I played were tournament games, so I'm not sure why you keep thinking I would play.

Secondly, you can't play either Bagrada, because of the sanctions.

shadow

Post by shadow »

grim wrote:Firstly, I haven't played a single game of myth since the Mwc2012 finals and even then the only games I played were tournament games, so I'm not sure why you keep thinking I would play.

Secondly, you can't play either Bagrada, because of the sanctions.
Firstly, we need more euro trash in game. If u dont play, go back to grave.
Secondly, u time is over grim, all u can did this days is just make impotent squawk on forum. Nobody give a fuck.

toynbee

Post by toynbee »

bagrada should be banned for life

par73

Post by par73 »

Oh look: a bunch of opinions, and no one willing to put in the leg work.

Tirri and I were online, but no one else was to join us to cap and draft. We'd like for there to be at least 2 more captains.
The draft has been postponed until 24 to 48 hours from now.

Tournament forums are here:
http://pwc14.freeforums.org/index.php

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

uhhh i was on and neither of u 2 wanted to draft. It's never gona work the way you are trying to do it, figure out your 4 caps and set a time.

par73

Post by par73 »

That's not necessarily true, and you were on a dummy account. You're really quick to respond on the forums yet said nothing to us when we were online except some snide comment when tirri logged off.

We were wondering if you were still capping since you continue to say you're in, you're out, etc. We thought you weren't interested, appearing to be in a 2 hr mazz game.

So are you going to cap, or what?
We're tentatively meeting back up Sunday at 3 and dead lining Monday at 3.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I said I was willing to cap if no one stepped up and no one has. The account was named asmodian... pretty obvious. I can't do sunday I could do monday.

rawr

Post by rawr »

i will step up into the capping position

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

toynbee wrote:bagrada should be banned for life

If Bagrada is booted from tourney for real. I will try and encourage a lot more people into the draft via steam, old deer mates i keep in touch with ect ect. Ageha, just give me like one week if you agree to this.

shadow

Post by shadow »

drunken_deer wrote: Shadow is Last Guard, kill him and I bring all derp trash around the world into our house. Herp Derp ?
Gotta make a film - The Derps vs. Shadow (2014)

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

shadow wrote:
drunken_deer wrote: Shadow is Last Guard, kill him and I bring all derp trash around the world into our house. Herp Derp ?
Gotta make a film - The Derps vs. Shadow (2014)

Crimea a River Boy

shadow

Post by shadow »

drunken_deer wrote:
Crimea a River Boy
special video: Honkey arguning with drunken
time: before MWC 2014 starts (end of may)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp0Bt2cbcc8[/youtube]

par73

Post by par73 »

Player registration is still open until 3 pm Monday, can't do a week sorry.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I will be there tomorrow at 3. Is rawr aware of the time he is suppose to be there?

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Draft Tournament Pick order.

#1 Arzenic - KK
#2 Cruniac - A
#3 Adrenaline - P
#4 Gekko - T
#5 Myrk - T
#6 Lizard King - P
#7 Samuel - A
#8 Slate - KK
#9 Browning - KK
#10 Rawr - A
#11 Chron - P
#12 Limp - T
#13 Ratking - T
#00 Shadow - P
#14 Homer - A
#15 Xel - KK
#16 Funk - KK
#17 Captain - A
#18 Argos - P
#19 wwo - T
#20 Khan - T
#21 Engiman - P
#22 Pallidice - A
#23 Switch - KK
#24 Drunken - KK
#25 Punkuser - A
#26 Arsenal - P
#27 Xmas - T

Team KK.

KillerKing
Arzenic
Slate
Browning
Xel
Funk
Switch
Drunken

Tean Asmo.

Asmodian
Cruniac
Samuel
Rawr
Homer
Captain
Pallidice
Punkuser

Team Paris.

Paris
Adrenaline
Lizard King
Chron
Shadow
Argos
Enigman
Arsenal

Team Tirri.

Tirri
Gekko
Myrk
Limp
Ratking
Wwo
Khan
Xmas

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Double Tap

Asmodian - I captain

Cruniac - Drafted #2 -- BB #1 -- Cruniac has been to 9 straight tournament finals (soon to be 10) and has won 2 MWC championships since 2012. He is without a doubt one of the top players on myth now being both reliable and consistent in his play.

Samuel - Drafted #7 -- BB #2 -- Samuel is also a 2 time MWC champion and in recent years he has become one of the players/trowers when he shows up ready to play. Samuel brings his same dominance over food to the battlefield of myth 2 :lol:

Rawr - Drafted #10 -- BB #7 -- Rawr has proven to be one of the more dangerous players over the past 2 years, but has yet to win a tournament. This tournament though all his talking will not be in vain as we will be sure to double tap every opponent along the way.

Homer- Drafted #15 -- BB #12 -- Homer is a former member of the Bash Bros and a 2 time MWC Champion. Rumor has it his care is high to regain myth 2 glory after having not felt it for several years.

Captain - Drafted #18 -- BB #15 -- Reigning Bean bag tossing champion and honorary MWC champion is ready to let his fetch fingers wreck havoc on the myth world.

Pallidice - Drafted #23 -- BB #19 -- Pallidice also known as Paliderp is undefeated in draft tournaments and looks to continue his reign as the most successful deer player.

PunkUser - Drafted # 26 -- BB #24 -- PunkUser also known as OM continues to be one of the best value picks in draft tournaments for the 4th tournament in a row.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI_JONTVVuE[/youtube]

Asmo's Big Board prior to the draft

Cruniac
Samuel
Arzenic
Gekko
Adrenaline
Limp
Rawr
Lizardking
Chron
Ratking
Myrk
Homer
Browning
Shadow
Captain
Wwo
Argos
Xel
Pallidice
Khan
Funky
Enigman
Slate
PunkUser
FatherXmas
Drunken
Arsenal
Switch

drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

you captains should all be fired for lack of variation, the teams look nearly exactly the same as all the other previous tourneys.

dac

Post by dac »

cant believe you think punkuser is om!

jfc.

tirri

Post by tirri »

myth is as interesting as ever as we reach new heights of tournament mything

i went from the most dynamic bc team ever (gents) to a team with quite possibly the highest combined myth iq ever. make no mistake, we are truly the thinking man's team

this will be reflected in my strategies as i will bring forth a completely new era of myth strategy. the days of simple push dont rush or stall dont fall, then slut rush (also known as rope-a-dope) strategies are over. this time every member in my team will have highly complex functions in every game while the whole team will work in complete unison orchestrated by yours truly. this tournament will be something else and it's a great time to be a myth player or just a casual fan observing us great athletes

LET THE TOURNAMENT BEGIN

Captain

Post by Captain »

I'm sort of embarrassed Rawr was picked ahead of me.

Guess people aren't bigging on "Winning"

par73

Post by par73 »

are people able to register to the forums?

http://pwc14.freeforums.org/index.php

Also week 1 maps are up

http://pwc14.webs.com

shadow

Post by shadow »

Chohan wrote:Draft Tournament Pick order.

#00 Shadow - P
Brohan wtf ?!

Captain

Post by Captain »

Do we really need more websites and forum registrations....UGH

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Captain wrote:I'm sort of embarrassed Rawr was picked ahead of me.

Guess people aren't bigging on "Winning"
Captain ~I skipped MWC finals to throw bean bags, why won't people use higher level picks on me?

limp

Post by limp »

why the fuck are we not just making another forum subsection here?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

limp wrote:why the fuck are we not just making another forum subsection here?
I've made team forums for one team already... if any other captains want it please PM me the (correct!) list of forum user names. As before I don't have the time to micromanage this but if all you need is a forum set up for your team I'm happy to do that.

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Can we put MWC2billion in the tournament archives and create a tourney forum for PDTII? Might have had more registrants this way as well...

Zak

Post by Zak »

Hey I forgot to sign up for this, can I be added to killerking or tirri's team? thanks.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Tirri check your pms

par73

Post by par73 »

I think you should join KKs squad, you should talk to him. Check the sub rules on the website until further notice.

http://www.pwc14.webs.com
http://www.pwc14.freeforums.org

tirri

Post by tirri »

i did rat and i asked other's on the team if sat or sunday is better for them here (http://pwc14.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6) but i have a feeling no one on the team has even registered there.

let's keep the match on sat at 3pm if more on the team dont come out and tell me it's a bad time

wwo

Post by wwo »

Even though I replied there, tell punkuser to give us a forum here.

par73

Post by par73 »

I'm not making team forums on the tournament forum at pwc14.freeforums.org.

killerking

Post by killerking »

Tirri did you pick up zak or is he still without team?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

wwo wrote:Even though I replied there, tell punkuser to give us a forum here.
Should be created now under "Active Tournaments" on the main board index.

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Lizard King wrote:Can we put MWC2billion in the tournament archives and create a tourney forum for PDTII? Might have had more registrants this way as well...

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Lizard King wrote:
Lizard King wrote:Can we put MWC2billion in the tournament archives and create a tourney forum for PDTII? Might have had more registrants this way as well...

Paris is the TO so he's the one that needs to ask. He obviously hasn't contacted PunkUser at all about creating a forum for the tournament on GoS considering he made his own separate forum for this tournament.

wwo

Post by wwo »

We have a team forum here. PunkUser is very responsive, but you have to be specific.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I am open to any and all trade talks

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:
Lizard King wrote:

Paris is the TO so he's the one that needs to ask. He obviously hasn't contacted PunkUser at all about creating a forum for the tournament on GoS considering he made his own separate forum for this tournament.
Considering I made tournament forums at http://pwc14.freeforums.org, why would I contact anyone about creating more forums about the same topic?

Here's why I would not: The last time I asked for help with tournament related forums on GoS I was met with a bunch of unhelpful responses, limitations and degrading accusations. The experience was overall distasteful, so I won't be contacting punkuser to make a forum for the tournament. If he wants to go out of his own way to make one on his own time for pwc14, he can feel free to do so. Otherwise participants can use this thread and http://pwc14.freeforums.org to communicate about the tournament. We really don't need anywhere besides this single thread (and in case we do need more than a single thread, again, I made forums at http://pwc14.freeforums.org) to communicate about the tournament.

Seeing as how PunkUser is a participant in the tournament who volunteers to host the myth server and myth forums and never offered to host said forums, It is a clear message to me that PunkUser isn't interested in hosting or facilitating forums for the tournament. This is not something PunkUser is or was demanded of, and this is not something I need to request from him. Courtesy is a virtue, but is one that myth hath never been contingent upon.

Asmo, One thing I should request is that you proceed to join the tournament forums, which have been created mainly for the four captains to schedule in case it's necessary. Seeing as how you're one of the four captains, it would be great to have you there. You can find the forums at http://pwc14.freeforums.org, thanks in advance. If you have any questions about the forum registration process or navigating the forums, feel free to send me an email or private message.

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:I am open to any and all trade talks

Hmm, if we do trades I'm going to have to limit them to their space in draft order (I.e., if the fixed limit was 5, a trade would only be legal if the players traded were within 5 draft picks of each other [a #4 could be traded for a #1 or #9, but not #17] )
As well as add a free agent waiver wire (where killer king indefinitely has #1 waiver priority over all other captains)

These transaction systems wouldn't be available until after week one (and would be available until the finals). I'd need some convincing from participants to implement these systems, a simple "good idea" would suffice.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

what are the game times for the maps this week? They are not listed on the website.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: Seeing as how PunkUser is a participant in the tournament who volunteers to host the myth server and myth forums and never offered to host said forums, It is a clear message to me that PunkUser isn't interested in hosting or facilitating forums for the tournament.
No it isn't... it's a clear message that I've been super-busy the past few weeks and haven't been keeping track of all these threads. PM me if you have request, I don't have time to try and read minds.

In any case the tournament is what... 3 weeks? I think the FFA forum here can handle a few scheduling threads regardless. It's not as if the activity in this forum is going to push it off the top page ;)

tirri

Post by tirri »

ITS GAME DAY AND I CANT WAIT RUMOURS SAY GRIM MIGHT SHOW

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: Seeing as how PunkUser is a participant in the tournament who volunteers to host the myth server and myth forums and never offered to host said forums, It is a clear message to me that PunkUser isn't interested in hosting or facilitating forums for the tournament.
No it isn't... it's a clear message that I've been super-busy the past few weeks and haven't been keeping track of all these threads. PM me if you have request, I don't have time to try and read minds.

In any case the tournament is what... 3 weeks? I think the FFA forum here can handle a few scheduling threads regardless. It's not as if the activity in this forum is going to push it off the top page ;)
I already made a forum. I posted the link four times in that same post, did you miss it?
It's funny to think how unaware you were of the draft tournament taking place when you were the first player originally interested in the tournament.
http://forum.gateofstorms.net/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=2454

Obviously forums are simple to make, so what's the reason you chose not to make a forum to help promote the tournament at that time?
You can't read minds? I don't get it.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: It's funny to think how unaware you were of the draft tournament taking place when you were the first player originally interested in the tournament.
And then I was travelling and didn't even know that it was confirmed to happen until Asmo PMd me about apparently being on his team. Everyone who has been around knows that I haven't been for a while, including you par.

So don't do your usual transparent shenanigans trying to look all innocent when we all know you made your own forums because you were bitchy last time about me not doing everything you said and you think I have the time/desire/care to spy on all your Myth sekrits when I don't even have time to play the game recently. Honestly I don't care that you want to have some sort of power struggle - please go ahead and use whatever forums (and metaserver - TCP/IP for all I care) that you want. Just admit your motivations.

tldr: Don't "assume", just ask. If there people are pissed because there are no tourney forums here because the TO didn't ask for any, that's all on the TO.

killerking

Post by killerking »

Seeing no one in my team showed up today I am not going to put any more effort into this. I obviously picked the wrong players, but in my defense, I didn't prepare for the draft and I didn't know I picked some players who were expected to show for 0 matches.
Conclusion: I wish to resign as captain.

Return to “Eblis Stone”