PROJECT EDULUS! Read this if you are new or want lessons.

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Professional Killer

PROJECT EDULUS! Read this if you are new or want lessons.

Post by Professional Killer »

Ok, first of all this is not a joke though it might look that way from the topic. But the point is this started with Edulus.
Who is Edulus? We all know him as the guy randomly attacking you in the rear with a non puss ghol and at one point sending the rest in a clueless attempt to achieve nothing. At one point I started thinking..
This guys plays on a regular basis. In his own way he has become a player everyone knows and at some point talks about but not in the way that would benefit a player. He looked completly clueless, and therfor this happend.
I logged on myth to do some ffa's with the players I on forehand knew I would win every game. Just by that it takes all the fun out of myth from me because I am very competetive and need challenge. This is also why I am so interested in 1v1s and enjoy playing with players that are better then me (I ahve played alot with ew lately since he also enjoy 1v1 so I get satisfaction from that)
After game 4 with Edulus etc I thought..What can I do to get these guys up a notch.
I started with Edulus and asked if I could do him a favour by give him some training. First of all I gave him my formations and Obs constants. From there I tought him how to use the formations and how to adapt during battle with them in regards to spacing on archers, melle etc. We went threw basics in lining up the units and what to protect and how. What trades to get, and how to use the different trades and how to adapt in battle with them.
This guy was so extreamly willing to learn and he learned so quick i was amazed and if I can get Edulus decent, there are hope for everyone (No offence edu but you know..)
He also asked very important questions underway, and I got a good view of what the essence of his problem were. Tell me, can you as a player reading this honestly say that you have never recived help from a player before. Never gotten some sort of training. Never been told that..Hey dude you should really get some formations instead of the standards. you should get puss on light maps. you should do this you should do that.. If you say so your lying, because just the small part by changing formations etc are so vital and normally ppl dont figure that out on theyr own. Now tell me, have you ever heard of anyone giving Edulus some advice. Exactly thats the problem. We(myself) overlook these players completly because I got enough with spending my time on myth the way I want playing with the guys I want to play with when I get the chance.

If you are a new or old player I want you to hook me up I want to do group sessions like I did with Silent and Tiny Flip boy. If you think and feel that it will be stupid to join this because you already should have "known it". Just forgett it..Don't think like that. I am acctually willing to help you out. I learn stuff every day I play and I have always thought from the best and better players then me and the only reason for that are that I have been willing to learn. You will not learn shitt by playing against ppl just as good as you or worse, its not possible. fact. My biggest error on myth are that I am a chill dude, I dont make e drama when I loose, I try to be kind to most ppl and in the internet world that make syou soft. I might not get as much credit as I honestly think I should get when I know I can beat many players above me in many ratings, and can compete at the same level as them but honestly. Im fine with it but I can say that I know I have much to give you if you are willing to learn. I looka t myself as a very decent player and I am interested in teaching you all I know so you can give me competition. That would be very healthy for the ciommunity

So In all honesty I don't think you will get this oppourtunity again from anyone else.
Join me on this and make this a more fun and better place for you to play. And if you are an old player just let me know under a guest acc and save yourself the hassel I wont ask a question about it. What I dont like are for veterans to go under a guest acc to fuck this up. .

I hope you get in touch with me,

PK

wwo

Re: PROJECT EDULUS! Read this if you are new or want lessons

Post by wwo »

If I'm on, I'll do some 2v2 with you. First game between us to demonstrate a typical trade and play, then they can emulate. Can work on unit-specific tasks that show up. If nothing else, they get a film with some play-by-play.

Professional Killer

Very good wwo.

I will take care of small groups at the time max 3-4 in regards to do the same way as i did with edulus , silent and tiny, and I have a strange feeling you were one of the "noobs" in one of my sessions since you knew so much about me training them when you talked to me about it:)

Ill take your word for that wwo and hook you up when I got a group ready.

VallerusTitus

Post by VallerusTitus »

One thing I'm curious about is formations? Being a noob to the online myth community, I've played a bunch of games and definitely learned a lot very quickly, I was playing single player from the store bought disc since 2001 or 2, so things like warlocks having a fire ring ability and controlling fetch were surprising, but I only recently noticed after seeing some of your other threads about formations that most games I play a lot of the guys that have been playing for several years do have custom formations. I would like to figure out how to set my own custom formations if possible because I usually manually just place units and use that formation constants thing that I think v 1.8 added or something.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

No one's helped Edulus before because he's most likely a dummy account. Douchebag has played just like Zak on more than one occasion.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Pogue, you've claimed several times that you haven't played in forever, yet have contradicted yourself numerous times within these forums with statements such as found above. So.... which dummy account(s) is yours? lol

Jottle

Post by Jottle »

This is a great idea PK. It also addresses the issue in some of the recent threads that have come up in which some people are upset that most vets prefer to complain about new players rather than help them. Thanks for doing this.

Professional Killer

Jottle wrote:This is a great idea PK. It also addresses the issue in some of the recent threads that have come up in which some people are upset that most vets prefer to complain about new players rather than help them. Thanks for doing this.
Np Jottle thats the Idea.
Its not hard to see that some ppl are really in need of some sort of help out and that also include thos who have been here for ages. It would not be stupid to get a new way to think and see things from a new perspective.
If you want me to help you Ill do that.

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

VallerusTitus wrote:I would like to figure out how to set my own custom formations if possible because I usually manually just place units and use that formation constants thing that I think v 1.8 added or something.
Run the latest Myth2 update and select the option for installing the Myth tools. It will install Fear and Loathing into your Myth II folder. Open Fear. Within Fear open the "formations" folder. Open the file in it. Each tab is a different formation. Alter the values to your liking. Use some trial and error. Load up Myth to see the results. To alter the camera go open the "observer constants" folder in Fear. Play around with it until you find something that works for you. These files get saved into your "local" folder. If you want to copy them to share or backup, that folder has the files.

Sidenote: Anyone messing with mapmaking should not include their forms and camera stuff. Mapmakers could just use an addon (ask for details if you don't know) instead of the local folder to prevent accidently including them into their plugins.

VallerusTitus

Post by VallerusTitus »

Thanks guys, I got several people in one day showing me how to do formations lol. I've adjusted a lot of the settings and think I've found some new forms and camera work that are to my liking for now. Thanks again everyone

wwo

Post by wwo »

Professional Killer wrote:Very good wwo.

I will take care of small groups at the time max 3-4 in regards to do the same way as i did with edulus , silent and tiny, and I have a strange feeling you were one of the "noobs" in one of my sessions since you knew so much about me training them when you talked to me about it:)

Ill take your word for that wwo and hook you up when I got a group ready.
Hah. For real, I was just cruising the films for entertainment and couldn't figure out why you'd 1v1 with Edulus. You can see some strange things in films when you can exclude yourself from what you remember. Also, THOR beats up on newbs late at night in 1v1.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

so edulus is either myrk or adren trying to improve his gameplay. LOL

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

adrenaline wrote:Pogue, you've claimed several times that you haven't played in forever, yet have contradicted yourself numerous times within these forums with statements such as found above. So.... which dummy account(s) is yours? lol
How have I done that? Edulus played like zak in 2011-12. Last time I actually played a game was December 2012. I don't care if you believe me but that's the truth, I just stalk the forums. Even when I had a dozen dummy accounts I still showed up as me and hosted. When was the last time you saw me online? Anyone that's says they're me is full of shit.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

pogue still frequents mariusnet to play with OoH. There are no losers in their games... everyone wins!

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Dammit... Kirk saw straight through my web of lies and learned my true identity. I am Edulus.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:pogue still frequents mariusnet to play with OoH. There are no losers in their games... everyone wins!
OoH don't let me play, I played one game with them, and they booted me for rushing omrake :(

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I got booted because I politely suggested a new game. Among other things too though LOL. Whats funny is that I live in the same town now as an OoH player.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

So Edulus is good now? I kept hearing he was terrible yet I don't think I've ever played with him.

Professional Killer

Myrk wrote:So Edulus is good now? I kept hearing he was terrible yet I don't think I've ever played with him.
I normally takes a bit more then a couple hours to get good at this game Myrk.

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

I will keep trying to get better until I am good and then I will try to become very good.

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

[quote="adrenaline"]Dammit... Kirk saw straight through my web of lies and learned my true identity. I am Edulus.

You cannot be Edulus because one time we 1v1 and you used the encircle method. Also, at one point we were the two Mythers who lived closest to each other. We almost met at a café in Ottawa once.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I lived closest to Myrk... wait a second. Does that mean...? Could it be...? Myrk = Edulus???

Professional Killer

Edulus wrote:
adrenaline wrote:Dammit... Kirk saw straight through my web of lies and learned my true identity. I am Edulus.

. We almost met at a café in Ottawa once.
Blinddate?

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

adrenaline wrote:I lived closest to Myrk... wait a second. Does that mean...? Could it be...? Myrk = Edulus???
I was going to meet Adren for a beer once when I lived in Ottawa. Then I came to my senses and realized he and myrk would probably gang rape me and dump my body in the Rideau Canal.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

adrenaline wrote:I lived closest to Myrk... wait a second. Does that mean...? Could it be...? Myrk = Edulus???
DAMN MY SECRET IS OUT

HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

I have always been an advocate for newbs no matter how long they've been around.

Keep up the good work PK.

wwo

Post by wwo »

HeadHunterKC wrote: Keep up the good work PK.
Since he abandoned his pro-am style mwc team, pk is just masturbating publicly at this point.

Professional Killer

wwo wrote:
Since he abandoned his pro-am style mwc team, pk is just masturbating publicly at this point.
I'm not even sure if I know what this means , but i'll take it as an compliment. (?) (!)

wwo

Post by wwo »

Professional Killer wrote:
wwo wrote:
I'm not even sure if I know what this means , but i'll take it as an compliment. (?) (!)
Just teasing.

Professional Killer

I'm not even sure if I know what this means , but i'll take it as an compliment. (?) (!)[/quote]
Just teasing.[/quote]

Ohhhh, when I reread it it kinda made sence.hah!

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

PK, I would like to make a a list of reading material for all of your students to read. It will be the theory part of your course. Do you accept that I make a list of PDFs and submit them here for your review, sensei?

Professional Killer

Edulus wrote:PK, I would like to make a a list of reading material for all of your students to read. It will be the theory part of your course. Do you accept that I make a list of PDFs and submit them here for your review, sensei?
Go ahead evrything is apreciated

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I cannot believe you don't know Edulus is trolling you pk. It's ZAK!!

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

All of your students must first read Adrenaline's Myth II Guide for Newbs.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ufs9 ... +guide.pdf

It helped me to become the player I am today. I sometimes use his innovative "leading" tactic and sometimes it works.

Professional Killer

Pogue wrote:I cannot believe you don't know Edulus is trolling you pk. It's ZAK!!
It doesn't really mather pouge Im far from sure Edulus isnt a dummy at all, but If it were so I would LOL at the guy spending so much of hes life pretending to be Edulus of all the players you could impersonate out there.
That would really just be sad, but It wouldnt affect me or the fact im trying to help newbs

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

If I was Zak then I would know how to make maps, but I have never made a map and I do not know how to - therefore Edulus != Zak.
My purest essence is Edulusness. That is what I embody, enact and realize as my self on this plane of existence. And so it is...

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

GKG also made a good theory document that should be required reading for all students in PK's Project Edulus class. I also think that I should read it and try to remember and apply some of the things.
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... Factor.pdf

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Edulus wrote:If I was Zak then I would know how to make maps, but I have never made a map and I do not know how to - therefore Edulus != Zak.
My purest essence is Edulusness. That is what I embody, enact and realize as my self on this plane of existence. And so it is...
Sure Zak.

par73

Post by par73 »

Silent has been playing fairly well last time I saw

It would be great to see a list of players who are new and/or want lessons.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Two Smoking Guns wrote:I would like to take Myth classes too.
Lesson 1: Stop hosting Vivid.

Edulus

Post by Edulus »

This is what it is like for me playing Myth with you guys.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWnWoP2u-8g[/youtube]

vigor

Post by vigor »

Edulus wrote:This is what it is like for me playing Myth with you guys.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWnWoP2u-8g[/youtube]
From 1:07 u mean?

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

With PK's guidance this will be you soon:

[youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ium0J7hXQLs[/youtube]

heyhoeletsgo

Post by heyhoeletsgo »

id appreciate some pointers, im not exactly new but i havent played in quite some time

Return to “Eblis Stone”