myth 1.9

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
sasper

myth 1.9

Post by sasper »

what should be changed?

my main gameplay suggestion is that randomness should be completely removed. meaning pus and duff duds and bounces. arcs and souls should be perfectly accurate. maybe sounds weird but it puts 100% of control into the players hands, rather than random bs.
we've all been around long enough to know distance etc. myth is now more like chess than a random board game, but luck can still turn a game around. get rid of this shit.

vinylrake

Re: myth 1.9

Post by vinylrake »

Never going to happen.

If you want a game with no variation and no unpredictability go play chess.

shadow

Post by shadow »

sasper wrote:what should be changed?

my main gameplay suggestion is that randomness should be completely removed. meaning pus and duff duds and bounces. arcs and souls should be perfectly accurate. maybe sounds weird but it puts 100% of control into the players hands, rather than random bs.
we've all been around long enough to know distance etc. myth is now more like chess than a random board game, but luck can still turn a game around. get rid of this shit.
hoooly shiiit
Please Die In A Fire

Magic Jane

Post by Magic Jane »

Because; Bomb Fuses always work, Guns never Jamb and Bullets always detonate. Over worked/underpaid Armour Journeymen never made mistakes. The wind and rotation of the earth doesn't effect the trajectory of a long shot?

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I still think Myth 1.7.2 was as good as it was going to get. Fuck yourself sasper.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

We already had the randomness discussion a ~year or two ago with the conclusion that "you can do that in a plugin". And indeed GKG/Zak made such a plugin... you're perfectly welcome to play it any time :)

argos

Post by argos »

luck is precisely what makes this game so fun, the unpredictablity

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

we should add more randomness

sometimes jman or herons healing fails and in rare cases kills the unit instead
trows are basically like trolls so they could be made stupid and ignore 75% of the orders they are given
warlocks will occasionally turn themselves or a nearby unit into a frog
more extreme weather effects, asteroids can land and wipe out large portions of an army
occasionally wights are so depressed that they explode, they need a depression bar which lowers every 5 seconds they don't receive orders
villagers should wander onto the map and have picnics, they can also capture flags and balls and move them

par73

Post by par73 »

Dantski wrote:we should add more randomness

sometimes jman or herons healing fails and in rare cases kills the unit instead
trows are basically like trolls so they could be made stupid and ignore 75% of the orders they are given
warlocks will occasionally turn themselves or a nearby unit into a frog
more extreme weather effects, asteroids can land and wipe out large portions of an army
occasionally wights are so depressed that they explode, they need a depression bar which lowers every 5 seconds they don't receive orders
villagers should wander onto the map and have picnics, they can also capture flags and balls and move them

sasper

Post by sasper »

pogue you have fallen into the dustbin of myth history. you havent played in years, and no one cares about you anymore.
the fact that shadow, pogue and vinylrake disagree only strengthens my argument

HeadHunterKC

Post by HeadHunterKC »

sasper wrote:what should be changed?

How can you even suggest this.

HOW CAN YOU SUGGEST THIS.

HOW CAN YOU FUCKING SUGGEST THIS BLASPHEMY GO THE FUCK HOME CHAOS IS KING OF MYTH!

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Really, the only thing that I want fixed...
Being able to back-click with units through the status bar instead of the top status bar acting like a block. And, if possible, the ability for kill count to register higher than 250.

cremisi

Post by cremisi »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Really, the only thing that I want fixed...
Being able to back-click with units through the status bar instead of the top status bar acting like a block. And, if possible, the ability for kill count to register higher than 250.
play upside down or flip your monitor .

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yes, I like knowing what units I have selected, hence why I want the top bar to be showing at all times. suck it, remisisisisiii

cremisi

Post by cremisi »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Yes, I like knowing what units I have selected, hence why I want the top bar to be showing at all times. suck it, remisisisisiii
I tell you a secret , just look at the screen and you can see what you have selected I am a genius .

par73

Post by par73 »

things like an in-game ping system (on Omap and field of battle, designated by player color)... or being able to zoom out farther, would be more efficient additions.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah lots of maps are zoomed in too closely so it kinda sucks. I don't think we should be able to zoom as far out as we can in films, but even slightly more would be acceptable.

Also cremisi, I rarely have my units in my screen when controlling them. newb.

par73

Post by par73 »

i think we should be able to zoom as far out as we can in films, it's ignorant to just keep that setting strictly to recording and have everyone fixed in tunnel vision mode for nostalgic purposes.

sasper

Post by sasper »

vinylrake wrote:Never going to happen.

If you want a game with no variation and no unpredictability go play chess.
i do play chess. :) anyway has anyone given at least half a fuck about vinylfuck in the last 10 years?

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

7th grade chess champion right here.

Also vinylrake is an old decrepit fuck head who nobody cares about and nobody plays on his server anymore LOL

wwo

Post by wwo »

I'm not decrepit yet. Hopefully I go senile before insults like that are directed at me.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I'm sure if wwo shaved and got a haircut he'd only look 50 instead of a 75 year old hobo wearing rejects from Wayne Newton's wardrobe.

Return to “Eblis Stone”