Winter warm up - kb style

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
NewMutator

Re: Winter warm up - kb style

Post by NewMutator »

Usually territories games don't end in ties, or there are house rules in place. In the cases where they do end in ties, it's pretty intuitive which team wins in perm. It wasn't clear to me how the scoring was calculated, because any way I approached it, it seemed our team would have won. There were a number of explanations given as to how the game scored in the case of a terries tie, but none of them were correct, so yeah, it is pretty amazing. Anyway, at least this way we remove all ambiguity for territories scoring for future reference.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Well shit, did the terries scoring rules change in 1.5 to give whoever had their maximum amount of flags most recently the win?
Because This seems not how it was in TFL or Bungie's Myth 2 code. This is making Terries sound more like FR, and I fucking HATE FR DOH!

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Here guys, I understand many do not have this and did not get to see it. Kickballerz Week1. Game 5 Creep CTF

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

H4H4H4 EaT iT N00BMUTET0r I R WINZ U R L00z0r

laz0rs4life bro

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Renwood wrote:Well shit, did the terries scoring rules change in 1.5 to give whoever had their maximum amount of flags most recently the win?
Because This seems not how it was in TFL or Bungie's Myth 2 code. This is making Terries sound more like FR, and I fucking HATE FR DOH!
No doubt the Terries rules were changed at the same time "they" changed the rules of Assassin so it was no longer possible to win by killing your own team's target units.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Milk Man wrote:Myrk ~ I knew that, like, duh

(yea right)

Still chetz.
The rules haven't changed since 1998 and I used to play competitively so I figured out the little things like how terries tiebreakers work early on. So yeah, I'm Mr. Know-It-All when it comes to myth scoring. Knowing this doesn't usually matter in team games since most terries games don't come down to the wire, but tagging flags is a good habit to get into

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Renwood wrote:Well shit, did the terries scoring rules change in 1.5 to give whoever had their maximum amount of flags most recently the win?
Like I said, that's the last time the code was touched, but it's documented as a "bug fix" and not protected by a version check, so that implies either the code was broken in some way before or perhaps it simply didn't differentiate ties that came down that far in the logic. If the scoring logic had been intentionally changed, I would expect to see a version check around that code.

Unfortunately we can't know for sure as documentation from that period of development is really sparse.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I dont know why were using this instead of our sub forum.

Anyway, Dant you pick 3 maps this round since your last weeks winnah. I'll pick the other two, and renwood could cap if no one steps up.

MAYBE I want a rematch from that oOh or whatever clan match... hmm.. yes that would be fun.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

People just want to click on 1 section of the forum to read stuff. So sub forum = dead

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

O um BTW, I have not seen the time posted for the next match....Is it just 12 PM EST Saturday every weekend?
Thats what I figured since there was no other information given

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

O wait no, it is 3 PM EST January 26

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Would love to get involved in these games but fark prob wont be able to make it this week due to work - this time is 7am Aussie Sunday morning for me. An hour or 2 ealier would be right on the money. Oh wellls ! If you guys are still playing next week when I am not working I will come along for sure.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Yeah, it will be same time every week

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Something came up, and I was unable to make it 3 pm EST ~8^(

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Gg's for week 2. The mighty dantski was taken down by a feral rat. After 3 games of attempting to sabotage us (unsuccessfully) the frenchie officially turned his coat. Everyone still seems to hate allies. Good times.

So with dant and I with a win a piece, I think we should go ahead an wrap this thing up. Get ready for the finals next week bitches!

Stats and maps will hopefully be updated tomorrow, possibly monday night.

Dant and I will pick 3 maps each, and the community will collectively pick a 7th. Obv its a best of 7 win by 2. No SD.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Why end it so soon? We could do first cap to win 3 matches in a row wins. I could even cap next if no one else wants.

SamTheButcher

Post by SamTheButcher »

I'm with Milk Man. I'd like to see it keep going. Its fun and I like that it is a guaranteed time to get some good games in.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Agreed, I will def show up on weekends when Im not at work and dont have anything else on. Garenteed quality myth games are worth getting up early for.

falcon

Post by falcon »

So, if this was a predecessor to winter series, where the winter series at?

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Keep this KickBall rolling unti MWC starts RAT!

I see no reason to end it after only 3 weeks. You get full games, so why not?

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

I think he wants to keep it short so a "real" winter tournament can take place.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

I don't believe in this mythical winter tourney anymore. Besides I like that kb is low commitment, I'm hella busy.

The people have spoken Rat. FACE ME YOU FIEND.

falcon

Post by falcon »

You're clearly mistaken milk. There could be 5-6 member tourney with like 8 teams. What's so bad about it. This kickball thing sets some good games so you can keep up with that, but still, tourney is tourney. & not every tourney is milkman ffa tourney that runs for 12 months? sorry.

falcon

Post by falcon »

Myself and many other people would love a winter tourney. Some players would come back from retirement too.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Yeah bring on the Winter Series, Deer will def make a showing. Once TWS is over, start back up the kickball style stuff to keep people active until the next tourney tourney.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Guys... there is no winter series, you're deluding yourselves

and ffa league was a league, not a tourney

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Yeah my initial idea was to do a short deal so we could do a major winter tourney. However, we can do a 7 game finale this week for a mini series AND keep the kb rolling on Saturday afternoons. That's totally up to you guys. In fact, why don't we let the crowd that shows pick the maps we play this week?

I'll think of a way to get everyone involved and keep it fair. Of course we don't want any outlandish crazy stuff if were doing a finals. Dant you cool to rematch for the title? No need to strat if were picking the maps there.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

This is BS rat, you're just setting yourself up for "the title," rigged!

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

If Milk wants to captain instead thats fine with me, I'll cap if he wusses out!

Oh yeah Milk, its on!

Arzenic

Post by Arzenic »

I have devastating news:

Unfortunately I can not make it to this week's round.
I know it will be difficult, but try to have fun even without me

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Pick an extra map milk. I'll post a few picks ASAP. Been super busy guise but ill be rdy for tomorrow.

Lets say the winning captain chooses our winter agenda :)

7 maps total this week, mm picks 3 and ill prob let the lobby choose mine. Def wanna do a trow terries tho.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

MM YOu bastard what happened to Lichen Terries Legandary so we get the Reinforcements?!?!? We talked about this...
You are NOT ALLOWED to pick Desert, too common and bland. Your 2nd pick is NOW LICHEN TERRIES LEGENDARY!
The peach has SPOKEN!

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I did say no weird outlandish crazy picks. Lichen w/ reins is just stupid bc u can puss them when they spawn.

I'll get behind anything that's reasonable..

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

The 49ers are gonna pecker slap Baltimore tomorrow.

That is all.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Rat, you not letting cool maps like Lichen Legendary get picked helped lead to the lamest KB week yet.
UNINSPIRED MAP PICKS GUYS = shitty games WTF!

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

We did some "cool" picks the previous week. Broken Arrow map with 2 Generals had potential for a hilarious game, so did the Twister KOTH if the other teams hadn't been so sloppy getting up the hill! We did 2 NUT games also (NUT clash is so underrated!)

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

other than MM's picks, they were done by committee. Don't know why any1's complaining to me.

Lichen on legendary will forever remain a horrible map. This is not a question of opinion, but scientific fact.

We need caps is the problem. I don't want to cap anymore. Its probably better to revisit the kb idea after the winter tourney cranks up.

Speaking of which TIME FOR A NEW THREAD, WINTER TOURNEY!!

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

If by "horrible" you mean TONS of fun and completely awesome, then you are correct.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

You guys filled up the game real nice this week, good to see even though I missed out. Oh wells, early morning mything fun times. P.s its really cracking at this time, way better than my normal playing timezone.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

just keep the kickball thing going.

browning

Post by browning »

Myrk wrote:just keep the kickball thing going.
+1

grim

Post by grim »

I concur what Browning said. It's perhaps slightly unrealistic to get a full team tourney going during the spring this year. I'm sure MWC will fire up as usual.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

If we don't get any teams soon we can do a 4 team draft.

And we can keep kb going, we just need some talented caps to volunteer. I'm stepping aside and awaiting a contender to win a few weeks. Usually 20 ppl want a piece, where have all the haters gone?

HAS SIR RATSKI THE BOLD SILENCED ALL HIS CRITICS?

Must have done so by adding the dantski-like 'ski' to my name.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

So Kickballerz is on again this saturday 3 PM EST.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Yeah it is, but I prob can't make most of it. I can be there for the first hour I think.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Renwood and company Defeat Thor and his minions 3-2 in KB week 4!
Thanks to all who showed up, and BIG thanks to Samthebutcher for hosting. GO team!

BTW GKG got hunted down like a dirty dog on the final tie breaking game on Keep Lmoth. Because there is no way in hell I was gonna let GKG run around in our backfield and rear end us at the end. GG

I have included all 5 films in an attached zips for your viewing pleasure. It was a mighty contest indeed, but the team of peachieness prevailed!

1-3 are in this post and 4-5 are in the next post, beacuse at 278 K thegjol said they were 28K too large to be uploaded as 1 zip ~8^(

Return to “Eblis Stone”