Myth II HD Coming Soon!

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Melekor

Re: Myth II HD Coming Soon!

Post by Melekor »

Renwood wrote:melekor, unlike you, punkuser isnt filled with a giant smug ego, and wants to see myth get better and thrive.
Dont piss in his cornflakes!
Unlike me, punk hasn't had much interaction with you yet. Don't worry though, I think this thread has already gone a long way to convincing him that you're a gigantic tool.
Are you guys still hell bent on rendering "high res" content at such low quality levels and small rendering sizes that its allmost completely ruins the finished product and makes the entire endeavour pointless?
Hey, we're doing you a favor by leaving the market for giant overkill resolution 8 bit sprites just for you! Shouldn't you be more grateful?
There are screenshots you did not SHOW as well melekor, from other conversations, when I DO MENTION that the fucking FPS counter shows over 30. But you have a selective memory, and love to lie on a consistent basis. Remember the time you posted about how ONLY MAGMA was allowed to creat ANY type of myth content? LOL that was CLASSIC ego filled melekor missinformation. Do you have a screenshot of that as well? I dout it, you will only keep ones you think will make you look good.

The fact you hold onto a billion screenshots from stuff the happened years ago, proves how truly pathetic and myopic a person you are in real life.

Now stop posting on my thread and go work on 1.8 so you can fucking release it allready. Its been over 3 years you know....
So your "solution" to my incriminating screenshot is is that we had other conversations which were similar to the screenshot, but went how you say they went, and I either don't remember these or I'm lying about them. That's pretty brilliant Ren. There's just one small problem with it: I wouldn't have the same conversation with you twice because that doesn't make any sense you fuckwit. Once was already too much.

Care to try again? Maybe you could suggest that the screenshot is fake, or that it was actually someone else using your account. Just keep making shit up until something sticks right?

Stop posting? That's rich. You were the one who first posted my name in this thread with slanderous intent - so you asked for it.

Anyway, I know from experience that you're incapable of apologizing or admitting wrongdoing, and that any communication with you is ultimately a waste of time. So I guess I will stop posting once shutting down your pathetic attempts to rewrite history loses its entertainment value. This will probably happen once your posts devolve into pure ad-hominem. (By the looks of it we're already getting pretty close)

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Attention melekor. YOU are the fuckwit.
This is the 3rd or 4th time you have had this conversation with me.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

So melekor, you just not going to quote me about how I said you lied and proclaimed ONLY magma was allowed to release ANY type of myth content, including plugins?

In typical magma fashion, when you get backed into a corner and you will lose horribly, you change the subject, get the last word in and lock a thread, change the subject, or just act like a 5 year old and run off.

BTW punkuser and I were getting along just fine, then you decided to hop on spewing vitrol.

Now please, make up some lies about how you never posted a thread about ONLY magma being allowed to make myth content of any type.

Melekor

Post by Melekor »

Renwood wrote:Attention melekor. YOU are the fuckwit.
This is the 3rd or 4th time you have had this conversation with me.
lol. Yeah, I think we've already established the believability (or lack thereof) of that line of argument. But by all means keep repeating it if it makes you feel better.
Renwood wrote:So melekor, you just not going to quote me about how I said you lied and proclaimed ONLY magma was allowed to release ANY type of myth content, including plugins?

In typical magma fashion, when you get backed into a corner and you will lose horribly, you change the subject, get the last word in and lock a thread, change the subject, or just act like a 5 year old and run off.

Now please, make up some lies about how you never posted a thread about ONLY magma being allowed to make myth content of any type.
Everything you've accused me of has been completely made up, and presented without any evidence whatsoever. It'd be a waste of my time to respond to it because what's there to say really? Stop making stuff up please? You have no credibility anyways since you weren't able to respond convincingly to the evidence I presented. You already lost, you're just still talking.
BTW punkuser and I were getting along just fine...
Wow, you truly are delusional aren't you. Punk was trying to help you, and instead of accepting his expertise (he is literally a professional in the graphics field), you argued with him, claimed to know more about myth's capabilities than he does! Then he got exasperated and stopped replying because he realized that interacting with you is a waste of his valuable time.
...then you decided to hop on spewing vitrol.
Again, I hopped on when you brought my name up and started spreading lies about me. You aren't the victim here, and you are doing a terrible job of trying to convince people otherwise.

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Melekor, while I sympathize with your pain and annoyance at having to deal with such a dumbass as Renwood, I have recently discovered some facts that I think you should consider. I think when you know this these things it might help you see Renwood in a new light.

Do you know what Renwood has done in his life? Here's a short list.
Renwood wrote:I am published by Bungie software, take2 interactive and mumbo jumbo.
Renwood wrote:I first INVENTED THE GHOL BOMB in 1997.
Renwood wrote:I WON THE FIRST LONGEST RUNNING AND BIGGEST Myth Tournament EVER HOSTED...Myth World Up 98

Obviously with this many accomplishments (especially winning MWC98 all by himself singlehandedly winning match after match against teams of 7 or 8 players), this guy is is deserving a little respect, don't you think?

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Evidence? Screenshots are evidence? In what universe do you live in melekor.
If I produce a screenshot from over 3 years ago, showing that post you made in forums I can no longer see, where you say ONLY MAGMA is allowed to release any type of myth content including plugins, that would NOT be evidence.

Anybody can pretend to be somebody else and say shit, then take a screenshot of it or doctor it up in photoshop, the only thing it would prove, is how pathetic the person who holds onto such "evidence" for YEARS really is!

But how can I expect you ever to tell the truth when it will make you look bad? You wont, not ever. You would rather continue to lie over and over. Just like Iron's Lie about never having Ooga amber his watcher unit he made long ago.
THEN Iron LOCKS the forum thread, and you ban us! You guys make all of magma look bad when you act like fucking spoiled children.

Melekor

Post by Melekor »

Haha blahblah, you're right, I repent! Ren is just a tragically misunderstood genius isn't he?

Ren: Wait, so now you are saying the screenshot is fake after all? I suggested you try that angle as a joke, didn't expect you to actually do it :roll:
If you were going that route, the time to do it would have been the first time you saw it posted, on the mwc11 forums.

The reason I saved it btw, is because it's hilarious. After it happened I could scarcely believe the level of stupidity I had just witnessed. It's probably the most perfect demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect in action that I've ever seen.

As for the rest of your post, you've done a pretty good job describing your own M.O. in this thread (i.e. continuously lying rather than admitting the truth). The thing about me supposedly claiming that only magma can create plugins is particularly bizarre. Magma runs the tain and udogs hl which host hundreds of gigs of plugins made by other people, actions not exactly compatible with this bizarre claim I'm supposed to have made. Can't wait to see what kind of crazy BS you come up with next!

blahblahblah

Pot meet kettle: Part II

Post by blahblahblah »

Renwood wrote: You guys make all of magma look bad when you act like fucking spoiled children.
Hopefully we can all learn a lesson in how to act from your own 'development team'. Here are some examples from another myth forum.
What the fuck have YOU done other than make new things for Mazz? Get over yourselves. ... We're actually adult enough to have accepted any and all of you into our dev team, but the fact of the matter is that we don't need you to create all 25 levels of single player, multiplayer levels OR scripting. We dont need you for anything, actually. / ooga
Really, nothing you guys ever acknowledges the fact that i've created far more impressive units behaviors and attacks than any of you. You cant stand to admit that i'm talented, so you pretend that i'm stuck in the tagset mode of years ago. / ooga
Youre lucky I dont get you guys in trouble with take 2 - the only reason I dont do that is because I dont see a reason to be a spiteful douchebag, even if you guys would do it in a HEARTBEAT if our situations were reversed....

But it's getting to that point where i'm not really inclined to cover up your illegal actions if you continue to be unsupportive and abusive. / ooga
You all definitely deserve not to have a new Myth game, and i'm glad to know you all lack the ambition and cohesion to do it - because you'd run it like an orwellian dystopia. Have fun, kids. / ooga

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Dont make me look though my 10000000 million myth files to see if I did take a screenshot of it.

Let me refresh your memory, Mr. selective memory.

It was around july or August of 2009. It was on the magma private forums around the time of the whole Area51 business.
You were worried our team would release content made with the myth models before 1.8 came out (gee how about that, we should have just waited 3 fucking years OR MORE for 1.8 to be released)
You then made a thread about how ONLY magma was allowed to release any type of Myth content including PLUGINS, and claimed that nobody was allowed to release anything with the myth models. Saying ONLY magma had an agreement with take2 to do such things.
Then....later, Iron or mb Doobie commented on your completely STUPID and egocentric thread saying, "Hey umm melekor, magma has never had any agreement with take2 what-so-ever." Then you are like... "O RLY? I thought we did, DOH!"

Magma has only lied about 100 times about being the only ones with an agreement over the years.
Revisionist history much?

GG melekor.

Melekor

Post by Melekor »

Ah ok, I know the post you're talking about. Yes, I did say only magma could use the models, and that's as true today as it was then. Yes, the point of that post was to try to stop you from breaking your agreement with us, which you of course ended up doing anyways just like the good little sociopath that you are. This was well documented in the announcement of your banning from the tain and mariusnet.

I never claimed anything about plugins (that would be asinine), and the thing about someone else commenting on the thread is also false since I locked the topic immediately after creating it.

You and ooga really have a hard time understanding this agreement thing. Here's how it works, for the Nth time. Magma isn't a legal entity, it's a collection of individuals. Individuals are given access to the original materials only if they agree to play by the rules (don't release them, don't try to make money with them etc *cough* kickstarter *cough*). This way there is an unbroken chain of agreement all the way back to the original individuals who got the material through an agreement with T2. You were the first one to actually break your agreement and try to use the material for your own selfish purposes.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Melekor You Are INSANE! Only MAGMA CAN use the myth models? Again there you go LYING AGAIN. You dont have the legal right to do ANYTHING that you do, chaging the source code, and releasing updates, having the myth models, that is for MYTH DEV you stupid sack of shit. NOT magma, MYTH DEV. And they no longer exsist, so PLEASE Prove me wrong!
You see Melekor, that is the problem with LYING, you have to CONTINUE THE LIE, forever, unless you admit you are full of shit at some point.
A group of people "Myth Dev" having an NDAs and agreements with take2 in 2003, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGMA YOU LYING SACK OF SHIT! There might have been a FEW magma people in myth dev (BTW I was in myth Dev when it first formed FYI)
So by your logic, I just have as much right as magma, who were not even in myth dev, just a few of its members.
You DID say ONLY magma could release any kind of myth content including plugins. But go ahead and lie more, you love to do it.
You also are fooling nobody who pays attention over the years to the shit you guys have said. There was a point, where Magma FINNALY ADMITTED PUBLICLY they have NO rights or agreement with Take2 to use ANYTHING MYTH RELATED. Now you are backpedling to this "Only Magma BLa bla bla" for fucks sake, you are BATSHIT CRAZY!

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

That being said, I have no interest in keeping you from coding 1.8 and wasting time bickering with me on these forums about bullshit most likely nobody but me, you and maybe 2 other people even care about in the entire world.

So lets get this thread back on track about NEW myth relases and content.

Like THIS! Here is a map that I made in 2007 while trying to find the MAXIMUM size that a myth map could be,

At the time it was 1.6 I believe, maybe 1.5.1....It was a while ago. Anyways, this was at the time the MAXIMUM size that a myth map could be, Due in part to Magma's increasing of the max size in megs for collections!

It is 8192 X 6144. Anything bigger then that, and it would CRASH myth trying to load it, or it would NOT display the outer parts of the colormap that exceded these dimensions.

I think I will offer this map to anybody with good scripting skills, if they want to use it to create some giant epic Mazz like map.

Its SUPER HUGE, and takes somehwere between 20-30 mins for a warrior to walk from 1 side to the other. This way people can run around and kill shit on the same map for over 2 hours, and not even go to the same area twice.

This map includes, Home Coming, Flight From Covenant, and Creep On the Border Lands, all within it, allmost completely unchanged.
I painted with photo a ton or all new terrain all over and wanted to experiment with what it would be like to make normal myth maps larger with transitional areas outside of them, that could act as a buffer between the next map, so you could go from a desert and transistion to a snowy mountain pass.

Check it out: BTW if you cant see the entire image, you can Hit ctrl - to make your browser zoom out, and ctrl + to zoom in.

Melekor

Post by Melekor »

Renwood wrote:Melekor You Are INSANE! Only MAGMA CAN use the myth models? Again there you go LYING AGAIN. You dont have the legal right to do ANYTHING that you do, chaging the source code, and releasing updates, having the myth models, that is for MYTH DEV you stupid sack of shit. NOT magma, MYTH DEV. And they no longer exsist, so PLEASE Prove me wrong!
You see Melekor, that is the problem with LYING, you have to CONTINUE THE LIE, forever, unless you admit you are full of shit at some point.
A group of people "Myth Dev" having an NDAs and agreements with take2 in 2003, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MAGMA YOU LYING SACK OF SHIT! There might have been a FEW magma people in myth dev (BTW I was in myth Dev when it first formed FYI)
So by your logic, I just have as much right as magma, who were not even in myth dev, just a few of its members.
You DID say ONLY magma could release any kind of myth content including plugins. But go ahead and lie more, you love to do it.
You also are fooling nobody who pays attention over the years to the shit you guys have said. There was a point, where Magma FINNALY ADMITTED PUBLICLY they have NO rights or agreement with Take2 to use ANYTHING MYTH RELATED. Now you are backpedling to this "Only Magma BLa bla bla" for fucks sake, you are BATSHIT CRAZY!
You appear to have missed the point. Go back and read my last post again, and try some reading comprehension this time.

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Wow, after seeing that map I am really sad the kickstarter campaign wasn't a success.

Seriously, that is quite an impressive map - I haven't seen such skill at cutting and pasting since I was in kindergarten - such masterful use of the flip-horizontal and flip vertical commands. I would ask for details of how you made it but I guess that's the kind of secret skills you learn to master after 10 years of building stuff for myth so I doubt you would share.

Keep up the good work, can't wait for your next 'release'.

switch

Post by switch »

Renwood is myth avante garde. He pushes limits simply because the limits exist.

I should add that I am not a priori opposed to super-maps. I can see such material being an interesting way to visualize large parts of the myth universe, for, say, single-player or coop games (example: combine the levels Stair of Grief with the Deceiver, etc).

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

After the "Young Night" musical map, nothing seems avant garde sadly.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Hey switch, that is exactly the idea!

If I was still obsessed with making huge singleplayer/COOP maps, I would make a map that is the largest myth can handel (I dont know what the current max is) And combine ALL the (or at least 12 or so) of the myth 2 single player levels into 1 giant epic scripted level, using all the prexisting myth 2 solo level scripts.
So you could play willow creek to gate of storms to stair of grief to deciver all with the same guys you started with, and never having to restart the map.
Sadly my scripting skills and free time for such an endeavour are very limited, so likely it would never happen.

I was throwing around the Idea with The Wolf the other day, that we could make a CBI style campain for the TFL solos/coops.
It would have all the normal scripting of TFL levels, but with more enemies in each enemy squad and added scripting for more ambushes and more enemies in addition to all the normal TFL solo action.

Though maybe finishing our own ALL NEW solo maps would be a better idea maybe heh

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

BTW just finished rendering the brigand in HD tonight! I Only a few guys left, then our Myth 2 HD tagset will be released!
Should I do The Baron? Or let his all rot in low res Hell?

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Just finished a few guys...I will show you who later...

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Yes Baron needs to be HD with HD double chin and fat ass and very muscular legs

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

I decided the baron still stay Low Res, so that when he is near all the HD units, it will remind people how horrible all the myth guys used to look.
Also, he is a worthless fattie, that hardly ever appears on anything.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

WTF... plz tell me you at least made all stampede units HD?!

high def chickenz ATTACK

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

MM, SHAME ON YOU! have you NOT SEEN the Rhode Island Red.....IN HD?!?! Its in the Myth "IV" HD Multiplayer Demo 1.3

Get it in ooga's folder @
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Uploads/

Just unzip that large file and plop it in your plugins folder. You play it the same way as any other myth plugin. Also In myth Prefs, turn on Open GL rendering, turn up the screen res a bit, and Turn the texture cache up to the amount your video card has. O yea and JUST running myth and not a ton of apps, programs or precess in the background will help speed shit up a bunch.

BTW just finished the Wolves today...IN HD! HOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLL!

Gonna make Dogs Of War also, they will look very different and have shot hair....IN HD!

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Newmutator/LN You had the idea of adding the ZOOM out for films...BUT How about ZOOM OUT for COOPS and singleplayer games? I can see why they (Magma) would not want to add it to Multiplayer like ffa or 2 teams games, since it would change the "Fog of war" that myth2's LIMITED viewdistance currently has. Its part of the multiplayer gameplay.....BUT they should add this zoom out for COOP and singplayer... Its a NO Brainer!! Hey Magma, Maybe it would get MORE people to play myth ya know....looking more like a modern game!

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Or you could just play better games on a 360. I only check out these forums for lolz. Myth really is a spectator sport these days.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

What did NewMu change to be able to zoom out so far on the film replays ? I would like to do the same.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

LN/newmute was using the 5x zoom out feature that is in the upcoming Myth 2 1.8 update by project magma.
I would assume this means 1.8 is coming out soon...

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Updates!

Well here are some things we showed before, but I dont think people got to look at them long enough in the video to know what they were really looking at. This shows what TFL units, Myth 2 units and the new Myth 2 HD units look like.

TFL units:

Myth 2 units circa 1998:
Yes thats right, Bungie LOWERED the res on the images for units from TFL to myth 2, they claimed smaller more blurry units were "A feature" haw! good one bungie!

And now our myth 2 HD units!:

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Well done!

Hard to decide which I like best - the all but invisible souless that will dissapear into the map if you aren't zoomed way in, or the Fetch in blackface? No forget those, I am torn between the Wight Clown (from Stephen King's IT), and the transvestite warrior with his red lipstick, cheek blush and pink dress.

Can't wait for the rest of the units!

PLEEZ POST M0R!!!!!

and yes Dumbass, I realize that pink is the multiplayer color not the default for the solo, but how are we are supposed to trust that these units are going to be any good when you are such a dumbass you can't even see that pink is about the worst possible color you could choose to show off your pink-skinned units.

Have I said it lately? You are SUCH a dumbass.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

hey bla bla, you stupid assfuck, I muted you long ago. Go spread hate someplace else. Myth does not need people like you.

grim

Post by grim »

How do you know what he just said if you muted him?

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

blahblahblah wrote:the Fetch in blackface?

Have I said it lately? You are SUCH a dumbass.
grim wrote:How do you know what he just said if you muted him?
LOL how dare you guys disrespect the inventor of the ghol bomb like that.

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

grim wrote:How do you know what he just said if you muted him?
Mind powers. Renwood can read our thoughts.

Ask yourself "Is believing that Renwood has learned how to read minds really much harder to believe than his claims to have invented the Ghol Bomb"?

They both seem equally likely to me.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

I saw what he said for like 2 secs grim, because your fucking website WONT keep me signed in, even though i checked that box like 10000 times ~8^)

I practice never reading what that dipshit says, he is neither and myth PLAYER or a myth DEV, so he can suck my cock.

Or my ghol bombs, if his pussy ass ever gets in game!

pouge you DAMN WELL, its PEACH colored! ~8^O

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Thanks guys for making this the most ACTIVE thread on The Gjol's history!

I produced these Prototypes in 2010-2011. They are currently being painted!

Check it out:
They are around 6 inches tall.

Yes so after 12 years of playing this game, I FINALY MADE THE Myth toy I always wanted...The POP-IT Throwing Dorf!

switch

Post by switch »

Aren't these the products that got you perma-banned on mnet?

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

No, switch. getting banned for making action figures? That makes no sense. Getting banned for lies about politics by some faggots at magma, is more like it.
BTW if you have not been BANNED ALLREADY, YOU ARE NOT MYTHING HARD ENOUGH!

switch

Post by switch »

I think you're right about that, man. Big V8!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvrN1KstEnA[/youtube]

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Hey punkuser and MM.
The stripe did not appear because back when I was learning the program in late 2009, the damned pix/texture for the stripe was being a bastard and would not apply to the shield. Now that I know the program a lot better, I might consider making a version WITH the stripe. I have the last save of his files all ready to go. BUT it would take a while to render the MF and seems like kinda a waste of time to redo an entire unit for 1 stripe (BTW the stripe really is a smear of BS that bungie made having seen the original file of it it fucking sucks)
Since like 50 people in the world still play myth = waste of time.
If I bothered though, it would be cool to have Warrior with stripe = M2 War, war -stripe = Warrior captain and the warrior colorgaurd with a cool 3 stripes design that we currently have.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

*gasp* Warrior must have stripe dude.

War captain with triple stripe would be cool too, could actually tell him apart. A way of telling HGH from HG would be cool as well.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

MM thats easy, HGH are the ones THAT WONT FUCKING DIE!! DAMN I HATE THEM!!! UNBALANCED! ARRRGGGHHHH! Well at least on killing grounds they are unbalanced. Maybe the 3 of them should have been 1 of them instead on killing grounds.

MM we allready made a war with 3 stripes, Its the Colorguard, they are in the Myth "IV" HD Multiplayer demo 1.3 in ooga's Udogs folder
http://hl.udogs.net/files/Uploads/%20Us ... 20Uploads/

Unzip that large file, plop it in your plugins folder, and it works like any other myth 2 plugin.

In your Myth's Prefs menu, Turn on Open GL rendering, turn on the Texture caching to match the amount your video card has, turn up the MAX FPS and choose and Screen res that isnt roo crazy if you have a slower computer. Also if you get slowness in game, try JUST running myth and not a whole buncha stuff in the background. Turn on USE Multicore. Vsync also slows down things pretty well, so turn that off if you need more FPS. Do not forget to turn on the detail textures!

This is what my Myth's pfes look like for maximum speed and quality.

And NO I never play on timid!

Dantski

Post by Dantski »

And NO I never play on timid!
Too late, your reputation is ruined

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Renwood wrote:MM thats easy, HGH are the ones THAT WONT FUCKING DIE!! DAMN I HATE THEM!!! UNBALANCED! ARRRGGGHHHH! Well at least on killing grounds they are unbalanced. Maybe the 3 of them should have been 1 of them instead on killing grounds.
Yea but on maps like divide where there's both it would be nice to tell if they can fuckin die or not ahead of time.
Dantski wrote:Too late, your reputation is ruined
Good luck at the bridge... noob ahahaha

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Renwood wrote:turn up the MAX FPS and choose and Screen res that isnt roo crazy if you have a slower computer.
So if I want to see how great these HD units look then I need to display at 600x800. GREAT ADVISE I'll really be able to see the beauty of HD units then! Dumbass.

AND I do that if I have a "slower" computer? Slower than what?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Renwood wrote: turn up the MAX FPS and choose and Screen res that isnt roo crazy if you have a slower computer. ... Vsync also slows down things pretty well, so turn that off if you need more FPS.
I'll modify that slightly... screen res usually won't make a huge difference unless you're on a very old computer, so set it to your native resolution for best quality. Also, I highly recommend disabling max FPS and instead enabling vsync for the smoothest experience. This will synchronize the screen updates to the refresh rate of your monitor (usually 60Hz) so that you don't get tearing and other undesirable artifacts. Your screen can only refresh at 60Hz anyways, so if you disable vsync and run faster than that all you're doing is getting partial frames mixed in with each other, which is visually distracting and not helpful to smoothness anyways.

If your machine can't maintain 60Hz, you might want to disable vsync, but otherwise if you're above it, definitely enable it and disable Max FPS.

browning

Post by browning »

I tried vsync and it seems to make my camera extremely choppy, the game is unplayable. Any idea why?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

What frame rate are you getting with vsync off (press delete, use FRAPS, etc)? If you're not hitting 60 consistently then indeed you can get some choppiness with it on, as I mentioned. In that case you can either leave vsync on and set Max FPS to 30 (assuming you can consistently hit that) or disable it and deal with the tearing.

browning

Post by browning »

Did a few tests, I haven't seen it go lower than 200.

Do you know why the frame rate goes down when I use the keyboard to move the camera, and not when I click and drag on the mini-map?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Weird, at 200fps you should definitely have no issues with vsync. What OS? Have you updated your video drivers recently? Long shot, but try enabling Use Multicore in preferences if you haven't already. If you're on Windows, does it happen both with DirectX 10/11 and OpenGL?

The minimap thing definitely sounds odd as well... there shouldn't really be any difference between using the keyboard or mouse to pan. Does it also happen if you pan by using screen edges? Also, how much does the FPS go down? If it's just a slight decrease, nothing to worry about. If it's always staying above 200 even when panning, you're fine regardless, so it must be something else.

Return to “Eblis Stone”