DRAFT TOURNEY

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Ratking

DRAFT TOURNEY

Post by Ratking »

Since tws does not seem to be happening, I figured this is better than nothing. Were going to be doing things the same way asmo did for his tourney. If you have any suggestions or want to help let me know. Post in this thread to sign up.

I'm looking for 4-6 suitable captains. Message me if interested.

A sub forum would be helpful grim or tox, ty

grim

Re: DRAFT TOURNEY

Post by grim »

I'll set you up with all the sub forums you want if this thing kicks off. That's why we're here for!

Althought it might be a little early for TWS. Prolly best to do it Jan-Feb as usual.

falcon

Post by falcon »

There should be;
1. Myth Franchises (sold 500$ or above each)
2. Player scouting/recruitment
3. Player Inter-franchise transfers
4. Tournaments with registrations fees / winning prizes

REPEAT

Revolutionary techniques grimtohy, go for it - I tells ya.

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

Since there's not much interest in a tourney right now maybe just start a weekly kickball night?

If you don't remember kickball (haven't seen people play like this since bnet really), you get two caps and they take turns picking players.

par73

Post by par73 »

There is not enough substance to do a draft tourney right now. If you're really going to attempt to pull it off, open registration sooner rather than later.
2 cents.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Had a feeling this would happen, was worth a shot tho. Probably is a bad idea mixing myth with the holidays.

MM I recall those being called playground rules. And yeah, by all means I would do a 2t pg rules night.

falcon

Post by falcon »

A Kickball tourney on weekends, why not give it a go ratty?

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

We could do that falcon. Base the scores on w/l for captains. Though the other players won't have as much incentive that way.

I also had an idea of a champions tourney. Have registration limited to those who have won tournaments over the years. Exceptions could also be made for those generally agreed upon. That could be setup as a draft as well. This would allow for some really good games and heavy competition. Could also provide a chance to settle some of the feuds over the years, and to see who the best really is. To my knowledge nothing like this has been done before. Any comments?

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

You could do the kickball league style where each player gets points by (a) winning and (b) according to damage. Each players gets 1 point for winning and 1 point for each player on the same team with less damage. Say a team with 4 players wins. Highest damage gets 5, 2nd highest 4, then 3, 2, with lowest 1. You could keep a separate tally for captains or maybe award like 5 extra points per cap win. First to 200 points or something wins, losing cap picks map/game, etc.

Like the ffa league this system is by no means perfectly fair but it would give some incentive to show.

NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

Wouldn't that weight playing BC regardless of game type more than actually winning?

switch

Post by switch »

I think the idea is a micro-skills development tourney prior to the full blown TWS IV (?)

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

@Noob Mute: Sorta but if your team loses you'd get zero points.

par73

Post by par73 »

should have set up a preleague, where those teams are picked specifically on that day. 2 matches, 2-3 hours apart. run em for few weeks before and after christmas, leave 1 week of break in between to start the real draft tournament circa jan.

Vantobia

Post by Vantobia »

Keeeen !

Return to “Eblis Stone”