Mentor a Myther Program 2020

Hosted by Limp
Homer

Mentor a Myther Program 2020

Post by Homer »

These days there are literally thousands of games to choose from to play online. When Myth 2 came out, there were probably 20 other PC games for you to choose from on the shelf at Game Stop or Best Buy, now we have 20,000 all competing for attention. But what will make older games like Myth stand out against great games like Picman, or NBA Y2k, or Halo 10?

In order for us to create a thriving Myth community against all the modern competition, the Thrall Council with the help of a small SBA loan has hired a consultant (me), to think-tank ways to grow the community. In doing so it's important to understand Myth is like a fantastic piece of real-estate because once discovered it sells itself. But getting it discovered is the hard part. We have initiated now a program where veteran mythers can come in contact with younger mythers through the internet and foster a positive learning relationship with them which centers around teaching moments and more importantly teaching to love the game of Myth. By initiating conversations with younger men, you can bring the next generation into the Myth fold, who will in turn tell all their friends about how they met some great guy on the internet and the rest is history...

We should highlight some success stories here at this time. Just the other day, CLANK after years of not being a participant in Myth was paired with a lovely young man, Lord Scary Owl (not his birth name), and was giving him so many lessons on how to think and act and essentially becoming a man. Stuff I wish my own father had taught me, about cooking and women and military strategy.

LSO (Lord Scary Owl) was so delighted to get this special kind of one on one attention from an older adult male, after having been ignored for the better part of his life by a callous and unloving family, whose conversations essentially amounted to "move your head it's blocking the TV!"
One might think, Clank is doing a lot for the community but research and a simple real-talk conversation has shown that Mythers with pupils such as LSO are 10 times more likely to live fulfilled lives, 12 times less likely to binge drink, 13 times more likely to want kids of their own someday, and 7 times more likely to get trow.

When I asked Clank about his own experience as a mentor he said, "Being there for a young man of LSO's caliber is really something. At first, I thought I had nothing to offer the world because that's what my therapist told me before I discovered he was having an affair with my wife. But now after being able to take one of these youngsters by the hand, and teach them a valuable skill that they can pass on, well I just feel lucky is all. Lucky every day to be alive!"

So it's moments like this that can teach us, Myth isn't about just winning or having a fun game, or trolling people you don't really know but feel like you know after 20 years. It's about giving back, (go figure) just like most things in life, yes it's about giving, not getting. If you'd like to sign up for the Myth Mentorship program please fill out the following form and email it to Zakskids@gmail.com.

Application for Myth Mentorship:

Name:The Real Slim Shady
Gamertag for M2SBR:Homer
DOB:Old Enough to Party
SSN:561-88-4631
Years Playing Myth: All of them
Age of lost virginity: N/A
Favorite flavor of Candy: Red

The more people we can get involved the greater likelihood we have of having someone to play with, picture again a lobby where we can switch rooms, and see more players. Or where there may even be a multitude of games to play. Where WW2 and Reg and even these troglodytes that latch onto endless COOP have a place in Myth society, and not just a place but their very own community. We at the Thrall Council want Myth to thrive and we want it to be a place where everyone has a place. So take a moment, or maybe even a day, consider where you place your time and energy and think about giving a little bit of that back to someone who needs your guidance. Someone who might just think your special, and might just need to hear that they're special too.

This AD has been paid for by the THRALL COUNCIL.

Seeker

Re: Mentor a Myther Program 2020

Post by Seeker »

Bravo! Bravo!

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Did you take a screenshot while working on your computer? Looks like you just exposed personal information in the form of addresses.

garnish

Post by garnish »

Very good to hear that the Thrall Council has created this community outreach project.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2020”