Discrimination, Censorship and Elitism. (The real Pandemic for online gaming)

Hosted by Limp
Homer

Discrimination, Censorship and Elitism. (The real Pandemic for online gaming)

Post by Homer »

My dear brothers in Myth, and sisters if you're hidden amongst us. I write to you today to let you know that there is an ongoing injustice amongst us! The injustice I speak of is the suppression of free speech of certain nefarious characters in myth. The banning of these peoples must be used as a temporary punishment for their hateful views, not as permanent isolation from our already dwindling populace. IF continued to be used as permanent isolation these haters may sink even deeper into their hate, for they would be given just cause, as where before they had none! Do not stoop to the level of the haters if you wish to rise above them! I implore you! Enacting such things as permanent lifetime bans, or muting someone for their hate speech may seem like a so-called Tic for Tac power move, but all it serves to do (when no such limitations are placed on these punishments) is to further divide us.
We cannot allow the division to rule us when we're already akin to endangered Panda's who may soon go extinct. The only qualifying difference between us and the sad Panda's is that we indeed cannot fuck each other to produce more, nay we are in fact, sterile creatures of the gaming world. Our only hope, besides removing the aforementioned divisions, is to bring back our old and forgotten brothers in arms by convincing arguments and lurid promises of nostalgic glories once had. Perhaps someday those dreams will be realized with the purchase of the gaming rights from the evil corporate bastards at TAKE 2! When the rights of a game still loved and cherished by its players will be PUT BACK into the hands of a community that exists in spite of all odds! Back to where they belong.
BUT until that dream is realized, we must take careful measures to preserve what we have. And what we have is nothing less than an unbreakable foundation of internet personalities that have been carefully crafted and built over decades from the very dawn of online gaming, we did after all pioneer the beginnings of online gaming with the transition from 56k Modem to high-speed internet. Do we not share more than our animosities and rivalries? Are we not more than brothers with the same DNA of the cyber world coursing through our veins. I argue we are.
It does not go unnoticed that the censorship is with much cause. The internet provides a breeding ground for hate by a total lack of accountability and anonymity. However, we've long come to accept that the world wide web is not a place to be controlled by our emotions or feelings but instead to be looked at analytically and every nasty word should be taken with numerous grains of salt. Furthermore forced censorship from another party serves only to enforce your will upon the censored, while the true goal of the censoring may be for them to look inward and choose words with more tact...We all know that human nature's natural reactions when subjugated or forced into anything is to rebel. The outcome of censorship often has the opposite of it's desired effect. The unheard voice lashes out even harder to be heard, the goal of those voices is no longer to make its initial point, but instead changes to be merely noticed in any capacity.
Lastly to address the upcoming elitism in the community. Myth must remain a place for all to play regardless of skill, race, or color. Orange or Peach, Black or White, Edulus or Shaister, we must make games open to all who have a desire to play and learn. Don't get me wrong if someone is intentionally sabotaging games then they do deserve to be banned for the day. But if a noob, even a noob of 10 years who can't seem to improve his abilities must be given the same chance at fun as those that hold themselves in such high-esteem with past victories of MWC of this and that Myth accolade. Your trophies do not entitle you to play more games than those without, and to think so is folly. Lebron James may not invite you to play on the NBA court but trust me no matter how good you're at this game you're not ever a reasonable comparison to Lebron James because nobody plays this game anymore, and those that are left should be fostered into as many fun games as possible. The Myth world must be left open for games for all, WW2ers, CooPers, the regulars, and the mult-talented. If we start by taking the small group we have and isolate those willing to play, we will be spiting the nose off our own faces. Creating an environment where no one has the opportunity to play with the best around, or have a decent game from sheer lack of opportunity.

par73

Re: Discrimination, Censorship and Elitism. (The real Pandemic for online gaming)

Post by par73 »

Homer wrote:
16 Aug 2020, 17:57
Myth must remain a place for all to play regardless of skill, race, or color. Orange or Peach, Black or White, Edulus or Shaister, we must make games open to all who have a desire to play and learn
Agreed,
long live the Mythers,
the last of a dying breed.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Re: Discrimination, Censorship and Elitism. (The real Pandemic for online gaming)

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Some of you people are quick to jump because I say some sarcastic things. But this is Kirk... 8.0 or something, I've lost count. I am not the hater I used to be. I do not say offensive words that trigger lefty liberal snowflakes anymore. You might think because I end up in an argument or start raging about my Mything prowess that I am dishing out hate speech, but that is just not true. I especially do not say anything in the lobbies where people are just hanging out, trying to figure out the game.

I've been an advocate/tester for new Myth plugins for a long time now. I've taken new players and shown them how to play. I am not the problem. I love this game. I love all of you, except grim. I just have a different way of showing it.

Homer

Post by Homer »

Grim deserves love too. He's not a machine, he's a man in spite of all evidence to the contrary

Ether

Post by Ether »

I'm now voting Homer 2024; after 4 more glorious years of Trump of course.

sei_lah

Post by sei_lah »

KIRK 2.0 is cool! Nothing more to say. HE CHANGED

Return to “Myth World Cup 2020”