Is change possible?

Start putting your team together today!
Homer

Is change possible?

Post by Homer »

Just another night and another Myth game. It's 2019 and we're all still here, except those of us who have died or quit playing the game, the smart ones. Few remain to carry on the legacy of the world's greatest video game, it's the twilight era of PC gaming, soon we will all be having sex in VR fantasy worlds contributing even less than normal to society. Who will play MWC then? Probably just Renwood and Jahral OR will they also get sucked into a sexual whirlwind Blackmirror like world. Only time will tell...

One thing time has taught me, after another random ffa game last night, is that some people never change. I'm sure we all want to change something about ourselves but sometimes we just fail to do so, maybe we're just too fucking selfish at our core.

I submit exhibit A, a lovely evening with Renwood, I lovingly and generously give him fetching duties as a show of trust in his microing prowess. He hangs back with no movement, no big deal, it's just another stupid LMOTH ffa game and we're alt-tabbed half the time because there is no pride left in what we do as Myth 2 players. Every game is another throw away piece of trash. But on some level the sacred spirit of competition drives us to be the last man on the hill....
ren2.png
ren2.png (1.74 MiB) Viewed 3619 times
After the peanuts comment I started to grow concerned. Was I being trolled or was this normal Renwood behavior? I had been away so long both seemed like possibilities. Was he going to play the game or just keep looking for his nuts like some sort of oaf in a bad sitcom. Go figure, he continued to look for his nuts and then knocked water all over his floor in the process. Darn it.
ps2pdf.com (1).png
ps2pdf.com (1).png (1.33 MiB) Viewed 3619 times
It became apparent when our army was completely decimated with no reaction at all from Renwood that, this kind of behavior was par for the course. All these years and this one special day, nothing had changed. Same horrible tendencies and habits. If it's dwarves they are probably still full of sats, if it's sats probably standing on them in a game with flame arrows, if it's Forest Giants there's no plan for a puss, if it's a Wight he's got it grouped with his other units in tight box formation. The list goes on...

We can't be sure as to why this type of consistently poor play occurs. Studies have been done and all prove inconclusive, is it laziness? Or a brain injury that prohibits one from learning from past errors. More studies will have to be funded by the IFMRB (Institute for Myth Research and Betterment) but until then we can only play on and stare in awe as these colossal fuck ups trend upwards almost exponentially. They do not happen in a vacuum, unless that vacuum is specific to several of Myth's most notorious baddies.

I could bother listing them and continue to pile on shame after all these years but you know exactly who they are. When they random onto your team you just mentally note that you lost this one and wait for the next game. There's the sincere hope that this behavior observable and evidenced, even cataloged over the decades in no way transcends from the Myth world into their day to day lives, but not much hope remains after yesterdays escapades.
gameofthrones_cersei_jaime1.0 2.jpg
gameofthrones_cersei_jaime1.0 2.jpg (222.83 KiB) Viewed 3619 times

Re: Is change possible?

Post by Guest »

Renwood lost ALL his heat peanuts long ago and has been looking for them unsuccessfully ever since. Gallons of water have been squandered in his half-hearted but relentless search.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

And MWC2019 has it's first article. Well done, Homer. Well fricken done.

deckard cain

Post by deckard cain »

Little does Homer realize, Renwood was playing MWC and random 2019 FFA from wifi on a transatlantic flight. Imagine having care factor in current year.

par73

Post by par73 »

deckard cain wrote:Little does Homer realize, Renwood was playing MWC and random 2019 FFA from wifi on a transatlantic flight. Imagine having care factor in current year.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Renwood ~new host this shit is laggy (from wifi on a transatlantic flight)

Renwood58th

Post by Renwood58th »

Clearly, Homer has never tried Planter's Heat Peanuts, or he would know instinctively, that I made the right decision in this situation. I regret Nothing

RenwoodMWC 2019

Post by RenwoodMWC 2019 »

RenwoodMWC2019 wrote:Clearly, Homer has never tried Planter's Heat Peanuts, or he would know instinctively, that I made the right decision in this situation. I regret Nothing

Last bumped by Anonymous on 18 Oct 2019, 20:50.

Return to “Myth World Cup XXI 2019”