Post MWC Draft tournament

Hosted by Asmodian
Asmodian

Post MWC Draft tournament

Post by Asmodian »

It's been awhile since I've hosted a tournament. Does anyone have a plan to host something right after MWC? If not what's the interest level in a draft tournament?

Players invited to captain[draft] - 4 teams

Ratking,GKG,Tirri,limp, Adrenaline, myself

If someone else is interested that I can trust to do a good job speak up.

I only play on going through with this tournament if we can get 36-40 players registered, which would be 9-10 players per team.

Tournament Starts: The week after MWC ends [likely the first weekend of October]
Registration ends: 3 days before the first matches [enough time for the captains to draft their teams]
Tournament length:
Fallback: Fallback for all teams will be Saturday at 3pm EST.

Rules

How will this tournament work?
We will have 4 teams. Each team will be drafted by designated captains in a "kickball" style draft. Each team will play will play each other once and the two teams with the highest score will play each other in the final the following week. The 3rd and 4th highest score will play each other for 3rd place.

If the finals end in a tie, we will have a sudden death round where a team has to win two games in a row to be the champion. Both teams will be able to take turns in picking which maps to play. These maps must be maps that were used previously in the tournament. The first place team going into the finals gets the first pick.

Substitue system
There is going to be no substitute system, unless there is a major attendance issue it is going to stay this way.

Anything else regarding the game itself?
Do not have veteran units enabled in a tournament game. Do have unit trading enabled unless the game is specified as NUT. You need at least three players present to actually play your match. The player cap for games is 8 per team this year[if both teams can agree on a host] , but if the other team has less than 8 players present you are only allowed to play with 7 players. If neither team can agree on a host with a player from either team then find a neutral host to play on.

Observers are not allowed to talk after the planning time is over. Even during the planning time observers are not allowed to give advices or discuss strategy or stuff like that.

Scoring will work like this: (Per Game)
Victory is worth 3 points.
A tie is worth 1 points.
A loss is worth 0 points.

Tie Breaker:
If there is a tie in points with two teams the team that advances to the final will be the team who won their match when they played each other.

If there is a tie in points with two teams and they tied their match series they will play in a 1 game SD match on Trow Territories 30 minutes prior to the start time of the finals match.

Glitches:
Using glitches and other questionable antics to win your games is not allowed. Notable examples of these are blowing the balls into positions where people can't reach them with the units available in the map and sinking units into positions where they are unattackble (doesn't include undead units obviosly).

You can start signing up below as a reply

List of registered participants
1. Asmodian
2. Adrenaline [likely willing to be a captain]
3. Spoon

garnish

Re: Post MWC Draft tournament

Post by garnish »

FFA League should be starting around the end of MWC. Haven't heard of anything else.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

10/10 would play. Would also consider captaining if needed.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

when does mwc start? Who does my team play? ALL VS ME IM TAKING THE CROWN

spoon

Post by spoon »

Interested in playing. I’m working on my captaining skills but I don’t they are up to snuff yet.

jahraltoad@gmail.com

Post by jahraltoad@gmail.com »

Count me in to play

tirri

Post by tirri »

Asmodian wrote: Tournament Starts: The week after MWC ends [likely the first weekend of September]
do you mean october?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

tirri wrote:
Asmodian wrote: Tournament Starts: The week after MWC ends [likely the first weekend of September]
do you mean october?
Yes, October.

Return to “Asmo's Tournament 2018”