TwsX News 1

Hosted by Paris
par73

TwsX News 1

Post by par73 »

So far we have 3 teams with about 12 players signed up ! That's pretty good, but we need more! I'd like to see at least one more core of players sign up, and at least 7 players per roster if possible. If you can convince more players to show up to play m2 on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, that sounds great too. Myth is a game of community, and has been for a long time. even if you don't want to play with someone, invite them to play so you can kick their ass at one point or another !

As soon as we have at least 4 teams, I'll schedule "pre-season" matches. Why? And what does this mean?

The reason why is, activity on myth is very low. It's not the lowest it's ever been, but is about equal to it. I'd like to ease people back into Myth rather than assume every week will have great games. This gives all of us players times to figure out how often we can fit myth back into our daily schedules, and what we can expect as this tournament continues.

Scheduling pre-season matches means, we have a couple of weeks to asses what's going on with our teams and the likelihood of a good or bad turn out going forward. I'll be scheduling pre-season matches by combining two of the teams rosters to complete against the other two teams, and have them rotate. These matches will only be about 5 games long, so I encourage you all to continue playing after and shake off some more rust. Incorporating the popularity of Friday Night Myth, these games will likely be scheduled for 11 pm EST, while also scheduling another pre-season match on Sat or Sun at 2/3 PM EST

I'd like qualifying rounds to be used for qualifying for seeds in a double elimination to end the tournament. If there were 5 teams, I'd pull the triple elimination style out of the bag from TWS2016 and default seeding to player performance in the preseason, accumulating to their team's qualifying score (henceforth, PPQS). That would give the team with the best PPQS a bye week and scheduling is fairly smooth after that.

Overall, we're looking about 2 months of Myth, not everyone can play every week, not everyone can play more than one week. Figure out what works for you and the other players, so hopefully you can have more fun than you'd expect.

garnish

Re: TwsX News 1

Post by garnish »

Sounds good!

garnish

Post by garnish »

So, 8pm pst on Friday and around noon in Sunday for PST

par73

Post by par73 »

Yes, if player turn out exceeds my expectations (and we have a 4th team), we'll fly right into the round-robin styled QR.

Return to “The Winter Series X”