TCL vs 7L on Paper
Ghengis = Paris
Limp < Adrenaline
Akira < Samuel
Thalander < Shaister
Homer = Chron
Captain > Zak
Professional Killer > Russ

7L vs TCL is the big matchup this week and in my opinion is likely the match that will decide who we will see in the top bracket final. Both teams are littered with players that are use to playing in 2t tournament finals; so this matchup should set the tone from what to expect from these two teams the rest of the MWC.

Lets look at a breakdown of the two teams from 4 different perspectives: Captaining, Heavy hitting/BC Power, Role players and Attendance.

Captaining: TCL will most likely have Limp as the captain. Limp is one of the top players on myth when it comes to understanding strategy, even if he doesn't put up his best individual performances in this role he's still a huge plus in the captain role.

7L has had either Adrenaline or Paris captain so far. Both have a solid understanding of the game, but neither has a ton of success that I'm aware of in the captaining role in tournament play. Unfortunately these two along with samuel are 2/3 of their best BC players so it handicaps their team with one of these guys at the role.

I give a heavy nod to TCL in the captaining department.

Heavy Hitting: When you look at heavy hitters on both teams the names that come to mind that can fulfill this role are Ghengis, Paris, Adrenaline, Shaister and Samuel. 7L has a very big gap in the heavy hitting department compared to their counter part. Assuming both teams can field their best 7. 7L would mop the floor with TCL if it turned into a straight BC fight.

Role Players: The role players for 7L are Chron, Zak and Russ as opposed to [take your pick of any of the 6 players for TCL not including ghengis]. TCL comes out with an overwhelming advantage in this category. Each player on TCL who you could consider a role player has played a significant part in a MWC finalist team in the past.7L has Chron who is as solid as any of the counter parts, but takes a small drop of with Zak and a large drop off with Russ [in due time buddy].

Attendance: Attendance is the big one in this case. TCL has had a decent sized roster show every week despite their forfeit. 7L has only showed strong one week and unfortunately it wasn't against a contender that they could get good practice in. Another likely advantage for TCL in this scenario.

THE PREDICTION: In a perfect mything world it would be each teams top 7 players against each other and I would give 7L a 3-2 victory due to their overwhelming strength of heavy hitters.

In the world of reality TCL will have one of their best rosters show and 7L will be missing 1 or maybe even 2 key players, which will results in a 3-2 victory for The Casket Lottery, setting up a showdown with the d0ngs.

wwo

Re: MWC Preview: 7L x TCL

Post by wwo »

I predicted Arma would win 08 based on if Par could get them to function as a team. Same thing here. The only other bc challengers are out of shape (fy crun, rust is real), and voice chat is neutralizing tunneling and other potential stumbling blocks for them.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

wwo wrote:I predicted Arma would win 08 based on if Par could get them to function as a team. Same thing here. The only other bc challengers are out of shape (fy crun, rust is real), and voice chat is neutralizing tunneling and other potential stumbling blocks for them.
The key to Armageddon was neutralizing the liger offensive. We did just that.

par73

Post by par73 »

Big thanks to Magne on that one :D

Return to “Myth World Cup 2018”