Week 2 match up PREVIEWS

Hosted by The Committee
tirri

Week 2 match up PREVIEWS

Post by tirri »

This mwc is already exceeding all expectations. Drama, great plays, evolving storylines like me soundly beating my arch nemesis shaister in week 1. It's just so sweet to me because I know how much it must eat shaister up. Well enough about shaister losing to me and on to this weeks preview.

Week 2 matches:
tcl vs bk 3pm CDT
sdm vs tm3 3pm CDT

np vs tgp 2pm CDT
7l vs lh 2pm CDT

First and possibly the last match to get previewed this week is
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III vs Shlong Dong McKongs.
I sincerely hope these team names were picked by someone's 12 year old nephew.

rosters at the time of writing are:
turtles: GKG, Cruniac, HMP, Asmodian, Gamer, Oly
schlongs: Ratking, Verminx, killer king, LSO, rawr, wwo, ura

Captaining / strategies
At the top of my head I don't recognize any of week 2 maps so I can't really say if the maps lean on being bc oriented or something more intricate. Looking at the map names and game types I'd guess this week needs more than just easy BCing. I'll give a moderate edge to GKG. Ratking has to be commended for his captaining in recent years but I still don't really know how good he is at flag rallies, kotm and such.

activity
Looks like gkg will be wheeling and dealing during the week to get players for the match. However I haven't heard about any problems for Rat's team either so let's just assume this will be an awesome 6v6 match.

Smartness and tactics
I have to wonder if GKGs team has enough smart power hitters. Looks like GKG only trusts crun when the game calls for a simple BC job but any time the power hitting duties call for something extra, he takes the power units himself. This would be a clear chance for ratkings team to strike at but I don't know if they have the personnel for that. However overall I have to give a slight edge to turtles again. Prove me wrong but verminix and rawr haven't really impressed me with their smarts.

power hitting and bc ability
Well I kinda touched this above already but let's do a player by player comparison of the teams top players.
gkg>rat
crun > VERMINIX
asmo>lso (or is rawr considered better, I DUNNO)
rawr>hmp (hard to say who the top player out of hmp, gamer, oly is)

Again a slight edge to turtles but nothing too big. Asmo is hardly a BC monster and he is supposedly the 3rd best on the team. Asmo usually doesn't get BCing units though because 1) he isn't that good with them and 2) he is smarter than your average player so flank groups and ghol packs suit him just fine.

role playing
Meh, I dunno. Slight edge to turtles again I guess.

Final prediction:
I'm going against my analysis above and predict an upset victory 3-2 for schlongs. I haven't watched week 1 games but at a glance rat's teams victory over limps (who had ghengis, thal, rode, asmo and hmp. i can only assume ghengis sucked since he was their primary power hitter and had bad ratios) seems pretty impressive. They will continue on their high and upset here.

LL&L

And Sammael, keep on reaching for your dreams

Asmodian

Re: Week 2 match up PREVIEWS

Post by Asmodian »

tirri wrote:
Again a slight edge to turtles but nothing too big. Asmo is hardly a BC monster and he is supposedly the 3rd best on the team. Asmo usually doesn't get BCing units though because 1) he isn't that good with them and 2) he is smarter than your average player so flank groups and ghol packs suit him just fine.
I'm more than capable of BCing at a high rate. I'd prefer power units in most cases. I just fill whatever role is given. With TMNT im usually given a non-bc role, but for whatever reason when I sub for other teams I'm given a heavy bc role, like with TCL this past week.

tirri

Post by tirri »

Asmodian wrote: I'm more than capable of BCing at a high rate.
i don't think so but im more than willing to change my opinion. who here will vouch for asmo (other than asmo) being able to be a number one BC guy for a contender team?

Post by Guest »

Thoughts:

hmp is clearly the best out of Gamer, Olympus, and him

hmp is also better than rawr

due to activity and gaming talent lso is better than Asmo BC-wise, but it's very close and Asmo has decades more experience playing Myth so I'd call it a wash.

verminix is better than Cruniac except maybe in the case of having 2-3 trow only. Anything with more than 2 unit types and Cruniac wouldn't stand a chance. Cruniac is the most overrated BC player on Myth. He gets great ratios because that's the only thing he plays for, and he drops or blame-shifts every single time he costs the game doing so. GKG is experienced enough to realize this though and adjusts accordingly.

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

your tree should look like this (my opinion with my reasoning)

gkg > rat: eh, ratking is a very good cap, especially on voice but I feel like gkg gets more into it
crun = VERMINIX: I would give crun an edge in dark maps, but VERMINIX is very good, better than ppl give credit
hmp = lso: hmp is a smarter and more experienced player than me, but I am more active(reg), have a much higher care lvl, and the last we 1v1ed I won 3-1
asmo = rawr: rawr hasn't been around in a while but I would put them equal, I don't think either has a clear adv. over the other
gamer = wwo: gamer and wwo are both good role players, nothing sticks out
oly = ura: ura is pretty new to things, but oly hasn't been around in 10+ years. both are good players but neither sticks out
--- < killerking: we have an extra player so that will come in handy, also I don't think KK is bad

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

When/ who do I play?

Post by Guest »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:When/ who do I play?
CHECK FB MSG, YOU"Ll BE TEAMING WITH DETLAF SCHREMPF™

Trow belt

Post by Trow belt »

People only praise Asmo’s BC skill ironically, usually while chanting “TROW BELT”

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

When does MWC start? My team isn't showing on here

Cunt

Post by Cunt »

I'm boycotting myth until people stop playing mazz

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Cunt wrote:I'm boycotting myth until people stop playing mazz