Myth World Cup 2018: OFFICIAL POST

Hosted by The Committee
par73

Myth World Cup 2018: OFFICIAL POST

Post by par73 »

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
Myth World Cup returns in 2018 for it's 20th annual gathering of Myth Players.
Expect a larger form of the rules to dump later, in regards to juicy and tasty details like the maps as well as the fallback system and the rules.

At a glance...
TLDR

MWC2018 is a team based tournament played on Myth II Soulblighter. The target team size for each game is a maximum of 7 players per team and a minimum of 3 players. Matches will take place once a week per team. The first week of play begins Friday August 10.

MWC2018 is a three stage tournament: Qualifying Rounds, Double Elimination Rounds, and the Grand Finals. Results of the QRs determine the seeding of the double elimination bracket, and the results of the double elimination bracket determine the two Grand Finalists (likely Sept 29/30).

After all Double Elimination rounds have concluded, two teams will remain standing in the tournament: the Top Bracket Champions, and the Bottom Bracket Challengers. The winners of the Top Bracket have gone through the entire DE round without losing a single match; the Bottom Bracket winners have lost only one match. These two teams will face off in a 7-game Grand Final series, for the Myth World Cup MMXVIII title.

Registration is open. In preparation for MWC registration, gather a group of at least 6 players who are registered to GateofStorms.net. The maximum number of players allowed on a roster depends on point values assigned to each player, where no team may exceed 25 points. Any team that does not have at least three players on gateofstorms at their designated match time will receive a forfeit loss. The player whom registers the team becomes that team's "Captain". Registration will require one of three choices to represent their team's availability based on a fallback scheduling matrix. Register your team on http://www.mythworldcup.com ; if you see a player you'd like to have play on your team
who has not been rated please forward their information to any of the committee members.
Prior to and During MWC, Captains are given the right to add and remove players as long as their roster does not exceed the 25 point roster maximum, except specifically removing a player during a match. Teams will be allowed one add after the last QR match, within the designated point limit. If a Captain left his own team, a new captain would be designated for that team. If no "First Hand/Co-Captain" has been designated by that team, the TOs will commission a player to represent that team. On a personal note to anyone interested in captaining a team: Please, you shouldn't abandon ship or "liger" players in 2018; remember it's 2-team not free-for-all. :)

It would have been way cooler to post this two or three weeks ago, so I apologize on behalf of the MWC Committee for this lull that's salivated some taste buds and dulled others. You can expect juicy content, tasty map picks, a FAQ, a full drop of the rules in the future. The Myth Community already has 4+ teams rumored to be ready to register so, if you want to get involved be sure to find a team that will work for you or go out there and make your own! Remember, the window of play is August-September; we'll have plenty of time to prepare for this. The BIGGEST change this year is the adaptation of a 10 player group of TO's rather than just one, feel free to contact any of these players at the MWC Discord.

Thanks!
'Play Myth and Have Fun!'
: )

adrenaline

Re: Myth World Cup 2018: OFFICIAL POST

Post by adrenaline »

Why we starting so late???

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Received this from a TO when I asked.

@adrenaline

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

you received a broken image?

Lord---Scary Owl

I blurred out the name and messages that were irrelevant

Lord---Scary Owl

Oh I see what you mean. Idk how to fix it I can see it idk why you can't.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

adrenaline wrote:Why we starting so late???
Because of FIFA World Cup 2018 in Russia

RodeKi11

Post by RodeKi11 »

I'll be honest and say I'm not reading all ^^^ right now... I'm ready to play whenever and will be around again to support the MWC effort. Just send me a message here/FB/text (you know how to get a hold of me) and I'll be on.

par73

Post by par73 »

RodeKi11 wrote:I'll be honest and say I'm not reading all ^^^ right now... I'm ready to play whenever and will be around again to support the MWC effort. Just send me a message here/FB/text (you know how to get a hold of me) and I'll be on.
Sounds good

Honestly is the best policy

Daemon_fr

Post by Daemon_fr »

Are old time singleplayer but complete multiplayer noobs welcome? :)

cosmictruth

Post by cosmictruth »

Lol people are still playing this game? Kappa

Clank Tank

Post by Clank Tank »

Lol sup?

Really wish I could play....crazy going from a 12 year old playing this game all day every day to having not played semi regularly in nearly 10 years? Just for the record seeing who’s considered good these days (Paris lol) I would shit on just about everyone ;) all jokes/trolling aside, hope everyone is well and goooooo mwc

PapaBandura

Post by PapaBandura »

Some things don't change...

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

LOL HOLY SHIT PAPA BANDURA. GET THE RMA GANG TOGETHER.

Daemon_fr

Post by Daemon_fr »

Daemon_fr wrote:Are old time singleplayer but complete multiplayer noobs welcome? :)
So no :(

garnish

Post by garnish »

If you can dwarf or pus ghol or run spiders to flags, you can play. Teams are looking for players.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2018”