Metaserver Update 2013-06-14

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
punkUser

Metaserver Update 2013-06-14

Post by punkUser »

I'm going to push a metaserver update with a few fixes and enhancements out soon. This will require restarting the server, which I'll try to at a time that is minimally disruptive (but there is no perfect time) later tonight.

A few of the relevant ones:
- Instead of registered users getting "already logged on" messages from earlier ghost/disconnects or being logged in on another computer, the server will now kick the currently logged on user instead. This should eliminate issues with "ghosts" of themselves for registered users at least.
- In-progress coop games now show up correctly as "untimed" instead of "~1 minute".
- The new minimum version will be the 1.8 hotfix. This will avoid anyone accidentally playing with the buggy myrks in MWC or other tournaments this weekend.
- Some internal changes to the core networking that should improve performance slightly.

Let me know if you run into any issues after the update. If you do, please remember/post the time of the issue so I can check the logs for anomalies.

Giant Killer General

Re: Metaserver Update 2013-06-14

Post by Giant Killer General »

for the first point, do you mean it WILL kick the currently logged in user?

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Punk you have a typo. The words "not kick" should be "now kick".

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Whoops, corrected. Thanks guys.

Return to “Gate of Storms”