COMPLAINTS THREAD

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

COMPLAINTS THREAD

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

A) I really hate having this ugly, plain vanilla name. Punk, you almost had me convinced it didn't matter, that I should just play as guest where I'd be free to be stylin, and then you release awesome stats for FFA Club from which I am excluded because I was playing as guest. In fact, two §t members were excluded from the stats of their very own official weekly event. I need to look good while I pad my stats mang WTF!

B) What is more, when I tried to change my login in the site to |Bc⁄J⁄I|Iilk |Bc⁄J⁄I|Iån |B◊§t◊, I was told it was too long. Horrible enough that I would be locked into a single style since you're turning off the ability to change logins soon, but the stupid character limit prevents me from having any sexy look.

C) No orderz?! What will become of • §TØNED TRØW • ???

D) This blue and white shit is uggggggglllyyyyy, gjol was way more attractive.

:( :o :shock: :? :x :cry: :evil:

punkUser

Re: COMPLAINTS THREAD

Post by punkUser »

Milk Man wrote:A) I really hate having this ugly, plain vanilla name. Punk, you almost had me convinced it didn't matter, that I should just play as guest where I'd be free to be stylin, and then you release awesome stats for FFA Club from which I am excluded because I was playing as guest.
I knew you were going to be mad about that, but it was a good example of the tourney stats stuff :P I'll tell you what, I can go back in and link those games to your account here if you want, but just this once :) Let me know if you'd like me to. Just remember though, it's only really within those "tournaments" that stats/accounts matter at all... for regular play it doesn't make any difference.
Milk Man wrote: B) What is more, when I tried to change my login in the site to |Bc⁄J⁄I|Iilk |Bc⁄J⁄I|Iån |B◊§t◊, I was told it was too long.
Hmm ok that should not be the case, let me check the settings. To be clear, the intention is for you to be able to register any name you could realistically type in Myth if you wish. I'll set the max to 30 characters... just make sure you can actually type the name in the box before registering as it :)

That said, please omit the formatting tags from your name in the forums (|B, |I, etc). Then when you log in, you can add them back and it will still accept it as the registered name with the formatting tags removed. If you include formatting tags in your registered name you won't be able to log in properly, as it strips them when considering usernames.

i.e. this means you can vary formatting each time you log in if you wish.
Milk Man wrote: C) No orderz?! What will become of • §TØNED TRØW • ???
Yeah sorry, no current plans to support orders and buddies. Other higher priority stuff.
Milk Man wrote: D) This blue and white shit is uggggggglllyyyyy, gjol was way more attractive.
It's the default phpbb style, and yes, I'd like to do something more uniform across the site in the future. I'm not a web guy though and I want to get all the tourney functionality in place before worrying too much about style. I asked toxyn about moving the gjol style over here too but he wanted to keep that for his future project, which is totally fair since he put some good time and money into developing it.

That said, please feel free to check here and see if there's a "prosilver"-based style you particularly like. If it looks reasonable, I'll include it as an option here in the meantime:
https://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/? ... 2f692ebfd3

c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

punkUser wrote:I knew you were going to be mad about that, but it was a good example of the tourney stats stuff :P I'll tell you what, I can go back in and link those games to your account here if you want, but just this once :) Let me know if you'd like me to. Just remember though, it's only really within those "tournaments" that stats/accounts matter at all... for regular play it doesn't make any difference.
So I have to conform to your ugly fascist bland typography during tournies? No thanks. You are seriously power tripping here, some people care about aesthetics, its not all about "the numbers." Its about winning with style.
punkUser wrote: Yeah sorry, no current plans to support orders and buddies. Other higher priority stuff.
You mean YOU have YOUR priorities. Stoned Trow was organized to unite old and new players in orders that were once the bedrock of the community. I realize that GoS is basically oriented towards appeasing GKG's e-penis but some of us care about this shit man... maybe you should consider the community and not just your boyfriend? Would be nice to try and bring back order matches.
punkUser wrote: It's the default phpbb style, and yes, I'd like to do something more uniform across the site in the future. I'm not a web guy though and I want to get all the tourney functionality in place before worrying too much about style. I asked toxyn about moving the gjol style over here too but he wanted to keep that for his future project, which is totally fair since he put some good time and money into developing it.

That said, please feel free to check here and see if there's a "prosilver"-based style you particularly like. If it looks reasonable, I'll include it as an option here in the meantime:
https://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/? ... 2f692ebfd3
No, those are all hideous. Do you just completely lack a right brain or something? First you take away our ability to creatively and pleasingly design our names, then you subject us to these horrid per-packaged color schemes?

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

holy fuck mm you are a whiner

if you don't like it, go play on mariusnet. tpcip that shit for all we care.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Milk Man wrote: So I have to conform to your ugly fascist bland typography during tournies?
Uhh no? I told you, you can register as whatever you want dude, I even told you how to do it with your ascii names. Did you try?
Milk Man wrote: No thanks. You are seriously power tripping here
"Power tripping" ha, more like I have better things to do than to implement all these things you want. It's not like I'm getting paid for any of this or have an obligation you know, nor do you have any entitlement. It's not like you don't have other metaserver options and like I said a zillion times, GoS is designed for tourney play hence it missing lots of features for regular games. If you don't value the features, don't play here, no skin off my teeth.
Milk Man wrote: You mean YOU have YOUR priorities.
Damn right! I want tourney replays and stats to be organized and awesome, not scattered and terrible like previous years, end of story. Why you think I owe you anything is beyond me Milk. I've tried to be nice and accommodating as much as possible, but this attitude is grating.
Milk Man wrote: Do you just completely lack a right brain or something?
No, I just lack time. I have a full time job and a family - perhaps you can relate, perhaps not. I already wrote an entire metaserver from scratch in addition to helping with the client features in 1.8... what have you done in the last 6 months?

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

holy shit...punk just...PUNKEd milk

never seen that shit before in my life. quite hilarious.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Giant Killer General wrote: never seen that shit before in my life. quite hilarious.
Ha, well it's been a long day and I have limits like everyone else ;)

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

? So did you try changing your name as we discussed?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Sigh. Well Milk once you're done pouting we can chat more, but please re-read your post and tell me your tone wasn't pretty mean in and of itself ;) Sorry, I don't react super-well to that especially when I've spent a ton of volunteer time even getting stuff this far, and the only reason people are able to play this week at all is because of the work I already did...

Return to “Gate of Storms”