Metaserver Update 2014-05-10

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
punkUser

Metaserver Update 2014-05-10

Post by punkUser »

There are actually a lot of changes in this update, so I apologize in advance if things break. Just post about issues you find and I'll try to get them fixed ASAP.

- Simple ranking system implemented. Will describe in detail in a separate post.
- As part of the above, support "auto-adding" games to "tournaments" and querying the database for player stats to display in the Stats panel.
- Metaserver now directly talks to the database vs. going through a PHP API. Simplifies things and improves performance but might introduce some new bugs in the short term.
- Large cleanup to how users/logins are tracked internally by the metaserver.
- Fixed user name changes while user is logged in crashing the entire metaserver (luckily, this isn't something random users could do :)).
- Changed how the metaserver treats "deafness" vs "in-game" in prep for upcoming client changes.
- Laid a bunch of groundwork for host proxy support - not enabled yet but coming :)

Under investigation:
- One crash... not much of a paper trail in the log unfortunately though :S Will keep an eye on things but if it goes down again please PM me.

Already fixed/worked-around bugs:
- Unable to log in with formatting (|i, |b, etc) in your name
- Unable to log in for the first time (i.e. for new players)
- Client hangs when you view the stats page of a player with a long quote (ex. adrenaline)

Renwood

Re: Metaserver Update 2014-05-10

Post by Renwood »

OMG RANKED! THANKS PUNK WOOOO!

Return to “Gate of Storms”