question re: show unit health

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
adrenaline

question re: show unit health

Post by adrenaline »

once upon a time, you could hold F10 to show team unit health... why does this no longer work? i disabled caps lock on my new kb because it is annoying as shit in FPS games, and i always end up chatting in caps... so i don't want to enable it. did you guys remove the F10 function in the last update???

sasper

Re: question re: show unit health

Post by sasper »

still works normally for me.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I think it was removed due to being glitchy but I don't recall - why don't you ask at the PM forums (that's the relevant place for client questions).

Presumably whatever utility you're using to disable caps lock lets you selectively enable it for certain applications, no?

wwo

Post by wwo »

He means he sets capslock to do nothing in myth. No 3p app needed. Currently it's the only key that can be set to do what f10 used to.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

wwo wrote:He means he sets capslock to do nothing in myth. No 3p app needed. Currently it's the only key that can be set to do what f10 used to.
That doesn't make any sense with his claim about it being annoying "in FPS" and due to typing in all caps... neither of those things happen in Myth.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I disabled it in the registry... so it doesn't work AT ALL. EVER. And I've always hated the caps lock feature in Myth anyways... I liked the F10 feature because it only displayed unit health as you held it... great for HGHing on KG. Caps lock is just visually intrusive.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:I disabled it in the registry... so it doesn't work AT ALL. EVER.
Well you can take the discussion to PM.net but really, in no other game/community would "I refuse to use a given key on my keyboard" be considered a valid criticism. Don't expect to be taken *too* seriously... ;)

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

You don't seem to be understanding me here.

F10 used to do what I am looking for. It no longer does. I am asking if you implemented this change in 1.8 or if something just isn't working on my end.

I repeat, this is not a question about CAPS LOCK.

Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Yes, it was a 1.8.0 change. You could set caps lock to be "Ignored" in Myth if you prefer, so you don't have to set your registry to disable it. There is also the "Health Bars" option if you want just the health and not the selection boxes.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

adrenaline wrote:You don't seem to be understanding me here.
I answered your question in the first line of my first reply. The rest was follow-up to which you kept responding...

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

So you did lol... all good. I really wish you guys didn't remove it :S I used it a lot. never found it to be glitchy at all.

Return to “Gate of Storms”