The bluebar is a tool, we should use it.

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
par73

The bluebar is a tool, we should use it.

Post by par73 »

While many complain that some in-game features are simply outdated, the fact is that many players log into the server and don't use the forums to communicate at all.
Using the Bluebar feature when you log into the server is a tool. It should feature a video of the week and an article from the archives as well (tinyurl links work well), it should always reference thetain.org as a source for plugins and the most recent version of myth 2. Featuring tournaments is ok, but there are other ways to use the bluebar as well.

jason_ac

Re: The bluebar is a tool, we should use it.

Post by jason_ac »

par73 wrote:an article from the archives as well
What archives do you mean?

jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

The Godhead forum is no good for now. All the links to all the articles are broken. It's being worked on.

I've put a few of those articles I liked most here:
http://mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Myth_Manuals
par73 wrote:It should feature a video of the week and an article from the archives as well (tinyurl links work well), it should always reference thetain.org as a source for plugins and the most recent version of myth 2.
It could also just point people to a page that has all that stuff on it. Someplace such as:
http://tinyurl.com/MythingLinks (this is a page I recently created, and it's a wiki, so others could update it if necessary)

jason_ac

Post by jason_ac »

jason_ac wrote:It could also just point people to a page that has all that stuff on it.
And if the bluebar was a link to a page, the bluebar could say "New content posted to xyz on 2/20/2014" or "new videos posted" or whatever.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

jason_ac wrote:The Godhead forum is no good for now. All the links to all the articles are broken. It's being worked on.
VR actually put up a bunch of the articles on his site and courteously also converted them to bbcode. It's just a matter of me finding the time to integrate them back into the forum database now, but ball is definitely in my court there.

Update: the articles are now posted in the relevant threads. Thanks again to VR for doing the legwork on getting them converted to bbcode.

par73

Post by par73 »

No one has played kickball in the past 8+ weeks

Can you please post something about The Winter Series 2014 having registration open instead of misleading people to show up for nothing?
thx

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Done. As you know, you can get a quicker response on stuff like that via PM.

par73

Post by par73 »

heh well it's quicker to post than to PM ;)

thanks though PunkUser! speedy response for sure !

Return to “Gate of Storms”