Hosting test on Marius still works.

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
Two Smoking Guns

Hosting test on Marius still works.

Post by Two Smoking Guns »

Title says it all, you can still use the hosting test on Mariusnet to check to see if you can host.
I tried it myself to be sure, still works.

par73

Re: Hosting test on Marius still works.

Post by par73 »

pretty much the only functionable use for marius.net at this point

someone should post a link to it, plenty of newcomers have had questions about hosts lately

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah the hosting test is just pure web code that tries to connect to your machine on the default Myth port. Note that it won't work if you've changed the port, but that doesn't apply for most folks:
http://www.mariusnet.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/HostCheck

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

Punk, Maybe add this feature to GOS?

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

As part of fixing inability to host there will likely be some sort of ability to see if other players can directly connect to you built in. So yes, I'm working on a much more general and better version that not only diagnoses but solves the issue.

Renwood

Post by Renwood »

:::Dances around::: YIPPY!! Nice punk! You are the best thing to happen to myth since.....Well since ME really ;)
Being able to host like the good old days, when everybody could host and the only limit was if your connection was too slow (most had dial up back then)

Return to “Gate of Storms”