Stats on website

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
Captain

Stats on website

Post by Captain »

Any though of putting a Link/Button to the stats of the tournies on the site at all?

A lot easier to find that way.

punkUser

Re: Stats on website

Post by punkUser »

Yes, the plan is to unify the site a lot better with a nav bar, etc. across the top and so on. Just my web guy and I haven't had a ton of time in the summer months, but hopefully will be able to get to it soon.

Captain

Post by Captain »

I am not sure what you write your code in but I imagine adding 1 button that just says stats isn't that difficult, and would be happy to write the code for you if you want;)

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

It just needs to be done properly as the forums here are phpbb. If you just one-off put code into the PHP files instead of dealing with templates properly then you screw up styles and break the site when phpbb get updated. The games.* part of the site is in Ruby, so it's not totally trivial to just include the same nav bar code.

None of this is terribly complicated (and let's be realistic, nothing really on the web is), but it needs to be done properly for maintainability, so just be a bit patient :) Nothing wrong with bookmarks for now.

If you happen to know ruby and php and want to help in the "doing it properly" part though, just send me a PM and I'm sure we could use the help :)

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

punk ~disciplined programmer

Return to “Gate of Storms”