Week 3 (Grand Finals) Scheduling: 2pm EST Saturday

Giant Killer General

Week 3 (Grand Finals) Scheduling: 2pm EST Saturday

Post by Giant Killer General »

Saturday seemed to work a bit better for people as we had an even stronger showing in week 2 than in week 1 (which I actually did not expect). But since the match series is now tied 1-1, we want the next match to be a 7-game series like an MWC grand finals match. This means normally the usual start time is pushed forward an hour to accommodate a longer match for the euros.

A couple of west-coast mythers would prefer 3pm EST since it is already a bit early for them, but I leave it up to the euro mythers to decide. My concern is someone like tirri will have to leave early in the middle of the match if we don't start earlier. It sounded like it was already getting a bit late for him.

Can anyone please talk to tirri, dantski, arz, and any other euro mythers to see if they can still play the 3pm EST time on Saturday, even with an extra 2 games, or if they would prefer to start an hour earlier? I would rather have more people play the full series, even if it means the west-coasters have to suck it up a little bit and show up an hour earlier.

Let's try to confirm this time by Wednesday or so.

tirri

Re: Week 3 (Grand Finals) Scheduling: 2pm or 3pm EST Saturda

Post by tirri »

i definitely won't play a 7 game match if it starts at 3pm, 2pm is doable.
but i must also warn everyone that i might not make the 2pm starting time if the kids havent gone to bed yet which might make me look bad if the time is specifically set so early to accommodate me. what can i say, that's the way the cookie crumbles with 2 young children. usually the younger is sleeping by then so i'd say there's about a 70% chance of me making 2pm.

wwo

Re: Week 3 (Grand Finals) Scheduling: 2pm or 3pm EST Saturda

Post by wwo »

If I was the only one requesting the later time, ignore it. I did not adjust for time zone. 2 is very doable (and preferred because why is there a concert starting at 5:30 I forgot about)...

Giant Killer General

Re: Week 3 (Grand Finals) Scheduling: 2pm EST Saturday

I am going to go ahead and call it to be 2pm EST for now barring any unforeseen circumstances, since I am pretty sure all the euros would prefer it, and now others as well. I believe Limp was the only one requesting 3pm, but that's just cuz he is slow in getting his lazy ass up in the morning.

limp

Post by limp »

you are dead to me wwo

Giant Killer General

Please send reminders out to everyone on the teams that the match starts at 2pm EST tomorrow.

Return to “Alternative MWC Finals 2016”