Announcing the MWC Finals 2016

Giant Killer General

Announcing the MWC Finals 2016

Post by Giant Killer General »

Greetings Myth Community,

To clear up all of the recent MWC drama and ensure everyone gets to compete in some summer myth matches in the fashion that they most desire, Limp, Asmo, and I are having a threesome to do a 3-way co-TOing of an MWC Finals match series between their 2 respective teams. As you may have heard, Limp and Asmo have withdrawn their teams (TWF and Boom Town, respectively) from paris' tournament in favor of doing their own thing. This is that thing. And since their 2 teams were the likely finalists anyway, we are calling this the MWC Finals 2016.

So TWF and Boom Town will now have a 3 match series against each other over the course of the next 3 weekends to determine the winner of the MWC Finals 2016. It didn't seem like there would be much interest by other teams to participate in this, but if there are other teams interested in competing against these 2 fine myth teams, then feel free to let us know and we can try to restructure this somehow to accommodate additional teams in a quick DE-type format. We would need to know very soon though (let's say by Friday).

RULES:

The rules of this match series are as such (pending changes upon final approval by both limp and asmo):

-3 match series over the next 3 weekends (5 games each match)
-6v6 minimum
-No secondary players anymore (there are only 2 teams now, duh), but subs allowed if both captains approve. In the cases where players were previously listed on both teams (East Wind, Arzenic, and Ghengis I believe), those players should obviously decide which team they want to play on.
-No roster limits
-Fallback time of 1pm EST on Sunday
-Map / games pending, to be chosen by limp, asmo and I

TEAM ROSTERS: (Pending final changes upon final approval by both limp and asmo)

Boom Town (BT)

Asmodian
Ghengis Khan
Cruniac
Gekko
Myrkridon
Homer
Slate
Professional Killer
WayWardOne
Shadow

The Wight Foundation (TWF)

Limp
East Wind
Samuel
Arzenic
Chron
Rabican
Tirri
Dac
Captain
HMP
Garrick
Shaitan
Trevelyan
BrokenCow
Flatline
Zaknafein
Thalander
2Tone
Enculator
Ludde
SharkDrivingABus

rawr

Re: Announcing the MWC Finals 2016

Post by rawr »

Garbage cup finals , signed by reigning TWs losers ! Lol!

Damn didn't know syn put the fear into so many players ... Toodlelou gay boys ....

Giant Killer General

Thanks Rawr. Have fun playing LSO's team over there :).

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Shameful fools. Honorless dogs. Cowards at heart.

Giant Killer General

Or maybe we just value our free time and want to spend it wisely :). It is a computer game after all.

Cya rat, have fun :).

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

You take every opportunity not to play us. Everyone can see what this is. You cannot save your ass and face at the same time.

akira

Post by akira »

Lol you can have this but the winner has to play the winner of mwc 2016.

Giant Killer General

more like the winner of paris' non-mwc would have to play the winner of the mwc finals.

we don't have to do anything in any case though, totally up to the captains and their players what they want to do.

akira

Post by akira »

Giant Killer General wrote:more like the winner of paris' non-mwc would have to play the winner of the mwc finals.

we don't have to do anything in any case though, totally up to the captains and their players what they want to do.
Nah Paris started mwc 2016, that is indisputable. This tournament is an offshoot of his tournament by immature children on the Internet, also indisputable. And it excludes the rest of the mwc teams, which is indisputably inexcusable.

You should make the rules beforehand. How are you going to run a tournament and make the rules as you go? Recipe for disaster

Giant Killer General

yea but we only have finalists here. there's no finalists over there. this is the mwc finals brah.

akira

Post by akira »

Giant Killer General wrote:yea but we only have finalists here. there's no finalists over there. this is the mwc finals brah.
You 3 can't make these decisions. Your point is invalid.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Myrk , Shadow, Homer and Cruniac are all down for this weekend. I'm sure EW will be in as well, so we will have a team. Still need to get in contact with Gekko, Wwo and Slate.

switch

Post by switch »

Asmodian, make sure you schedule this all star event with enough time open for the 5pm est PoR match. Or is event happening Saturday?

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

asmo quit switch, he wont play you

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Finalist? Laughable.

First I see a TWF team we rofl stomped 5-0. Only myself in the captain role had negative ratios. Numbers don't lie, check the score board.
http://gateofstorms.net/tournaments/MWC2016/rounds/464

The second team is BT, another asmo creation. We all know what happened the last time syn played such a team. The collective score for the final two weeks of TWS was 10-1-3 in favor of syn. BT barely got past GoM in the QR. Clearly a finalist. :roll:

The only finality about this endeavor is the confirmation of how butt hurt and cowardly the ring leaders of this group are.

I have nothing left to say here.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I don't have much interest in playing your non-finals worthy syn team. Honestly you are so desperate to validate yourself that you talk shit about beating a roster like this [Limp,Captain,Flatline,Garrick,HMP,Shaitan,Ludde] 4/5 games in a QR 1 matchup.

If you want to validate yourself 1. Step up and 1v1 me and get bulldozered or 2. You can get Paris to hand over the current mess that is MWC and I can get rid of these terrible secondary roster spots (Teams don't even exist right now. Everyone is on every team).

Until then gl vs n.i. or GoM in the mwc finals. You will need it after your performance the past 2 weeks.

dac

Post by dac »

LOL those rosters, yeah, clearly twf showing up in full force for a qr match! but qr3 results *have* to be posted with the "we were 5x8" disclaimer. okay :) after roster sizes didnt matter in tws too I guess? okay again :) I was pretty happy for you when you beat asmo's team in tws. seems like the success has gone to your head.

anyways, thanks for the laugh man. enjoy the other tournament, it seems like the allstar match started a little early this year. at least team smo can get a real match in, finally. enjoy your ring, it'll undoubtedly be satisfying. also, enjoy the portals and repeating the same map twice as you squeak through the tournament.

oh man rawr's first mwc ring will be like this. incredible. sorry to see that happen to you man.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Asmodian wrote:Still need to get in contact with Gekko, Wwo and Slate.
Depends on the time, as usual.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

1pm est sunday is the fallback. I could do a start time of 2-4 pm est on Saturday if people rather do that.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

You have this properly screwed up asmo. I don't want or need any validation from you and yours. What I want is for this gutting of mwc to end so we can have our tournament.

As far as 1v1 goes, the burden of stepping up is on you. I've never lost a 1v1 to you, in fact the last time we played you bailed with the score 2-1 in my favor. Check MFC 2013 Light heavyweight scores if you need a reminder. So whe you're ready for reality check you let me know.

Is it my fault TWF shows with such a roster? I mean come on, they had like 35 players listed. And while we did play shorthanded against NI we still won. I've seen others use roster excuses to the nth degree, what's surprising about this? Is it ok for others but not for me? Twisted logic if so.

End this travesty before it's too late. I don't think you realize how much this will damage myth and mwc. I'm sure compromise is an option.

dac

Post by dac »

let me get this straight, 5 or so of the random 35 show up and you still take best subs available so you can announce how proud you are of the 5-0 win? okay bro :)

also, you just compared yourself to NI in terms of rosters. not even close, but again, if that's how you see syn, we certainly got the two finalists over here and out from under the thumb of paris.

enjoy the tournament

Giant Killer General

It's hilarious that rat keeps saying how it is not his fault that his opponents teams did not show up at full strength, right after bragging about beating such teams which he just admitted were not at full strength. Amazing levels of delusion.

In case you or the rest of syn are still confused by this situation rat, it's real simple. This is a computer game. People spend time playing it to have fun. The same goes for the tournaments of the computer game. Nobody is obligated to participate in it under some imaginary honor code or sense of tradition. We are all free to choose how we want to spend the free time that we have, whether its in this computer game, other computer games, in paris' tournament, this tournament, or something else entirely.

You seem to be so naive as to believe that any myth TO has some kind of magical power. the TO is nothing. Paris did almost nothing. I did almost nothing to put this together. The captains who organize their teams and the players that show up are everything. Obviously enough people wanted an alternative to what paris was doing, and so we are going to do our own thing. If you want to show how little you care about the gaming experience of other players as paris and syn have demonstrated over and over again, then this is what is bound to happen eventually. You reap what you sow. Time to face the consequences.

You don't see any of us begging or pushing to get you to participate in our match. So if you truly want to prove that you don't "need to be validated" then you can stop looking so pathetic trying to get us to return. Go enjoy your tournament, we will be enjoying ours. Syn was always so keen to remind asmo, limp, and I how little our participation was needed when we left. Now it's time for you to prove it by living up to your words. Who cares, right?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Ratking wrote:I've seen others use roster excuses to the nth degree, what's surprising about this? Is it ok for others but not for me? Twisted logic if so.
The difference is you're talking about NI. This is NI you realize? I would 5-0 them 9/10 times with any 2 other people on my roster in a 3v8...
Ratking wrote:End this travesty before it's too late. I don't think you realize how much this will damage myth and mwc. I'm sure compromise is an option.
Uhhh what travesty? I just wasted 3 weeks playing matches where the end result was pre-determined before the match began. It was about to be a 4th; now instead I get to actually play myth.

The TO could have done something about this, but apparently doing things his way is more important than trying to set up competitive matches for both lower & higher level teams.

Also the burden is me stepping up? LOL please anyone knows that's BS. I always step up to a challenge; we can 1vs1 tonight at 7pm EDT, best of 7 series or you can be like a certain teammate of yours and talk a big game and then avoid 1v1ing.

Giant Killer General

Quite frankly, at the end of the day, I don't think any of the many veterans on TWF or BT truly cared all that much about playing syn / WTC. The veterans on these 2 teams have many many MWC wins combined, while WTC has very little. WTC has been the perennial joke 3rd / 4th place team for many years and that remains unchanged today. A single TWS win while using a player advantage doesn't change any of that. So WTC is not that interesting of a team to compete against, and it is not that big of a loss for anyone here. Which is why you don't see anyone on TWF or BT batting an eye over doing our own thing. We just want the most competitive, fun, and drama-free games possible. This is also why syn's roster is up in arms being butthurt about not being able to be validated by playing the teams with the far more decorated players. I guess they should have thought about that earlier. Too bad so sad.

Zak

Post by Zak »

Lol compromise got thrown out the window like a week ago

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Personally I was only interested in playing MWC to get some decent Myth games. This is really all tournaments do anymore. I've said years ago that there should be one tournament for the 'high level' teams and one for the lower level teams, looks like this may become a reality finally. I think BT would be down for playing against syn/wtc or whoever else wants to play us.
There's really so few players left in this game it would be a shame to have another year where one good team didn't get to play another.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'll gladly change my plans this evening to pound you into the ground asmo. I'll be there.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

You showed to one match for your team asmo. Explain to me how you wasted three weeks. You were busy dummying as Bax on NI for sure and probably others.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I showed to two matches despite the incentive of showing up being low. You are either trolling about me dummying or just being stupid.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

It's gotta be 8pm edt, can't make it sooner

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Not going to make it at 8... Looking more like 9:30pm. SOrry for the run around but I can't help that I have shit to do.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Well that's unfortunate. I have a football game at 9:30 so that's that.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Yeah it's on me. Try as I may there are things I can't push off. Thursday night after 10 I should be available and Sunday afternoon is a sure fallback.

Giant Killer General

Ratking wrote:I'll gladly change my plans this evening to pound you into the ground asmo. I'll be there.
So how'd that pounding go?

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Asmo played well and won the match. My hats off to him.

I'll be back. This isn't over by a longshot.

Lord---Scary Owl

Ratking wrote:Asmo played well and won the match. My hats off to him.

I'll be back. This isn't over by a longshot.
this is maturity

but I hear there was some bad playing and excuse making during the match?

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I had a mix of errors. Loss of control of units, bad decisions, strategic issue as well.

I suppose if you haven't been around myth for a long time you could confuse the commentary made during these things for excuses. Or maybe people are just nitpicking.

Giant Killer General

Funny how quick you are to call out the excuses of others, but when others do the same to your own excuses, its nitpicking.

Quite the double standard.

Lord---Scary Owl

Ratking wrote:I had a mix of errors. Loss of control of units, bad decisions, strategic issue as well.

I suppose if you haven't been around myth for a long time you could confuse the commentary made during these things for excuses. Or maybe people are just nitpicking.
cruniac was just blabbering in the lobby, I didn't actually watch them

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:
Ratking wrote:I had a mix of errors. Loss of control of units, bad decisions, strategic issue as well.

cruniac was just blabbering in the lobby, I didn't actually watch them

Don't drag my name into this mess, unless it's about rawr I never type about players.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

It was Coca-cola. LSO trying to protect his own teammates and cause drama, cute.

Lord---Scary Owl

meh I don't know who it was, pretty sure it was crun but I could be wrong

Return to “Alternative MWC Finals 2016”