DE2: Noobs Inc vs Boom Town Sat 5PM EDT 8/13 (Pending)

Phos

Re: DE2: Noobs Inc vs Boom Town Sun 1PM EDT 8/14 (Pending)

Post by Phos »

I'm assuming Boom Town forfeits based upon other statements. Let me know if this isn't the case in this thread. Thanks.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

im going to show solo. I will be the first player ever to 1v7 a whole mwc match.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Nope... I 1v7'd Mental in 2008 (as Splinter RoT). Actually... that may have been TWS.

Phos

Post by Phos »

I'm not showing, I'm still assuming forfeit, pm me if otherwise.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

adrenaline wrote:Nope... I 1v7'd Mental in 2008 (as Splinter RoT). Actually... that may have been TWS.
sounds like fun. I'll be the 2nd then.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I'm showing to 1v7...I'm not joking. So expect me to be there unless there is a rule that makes that a forfeit?

Phos

Post by Phos »

If you want to 1v7 us, let's change the time. I didn't talk time yet because based upon your other posts/actions I assumed a forfeit, and your 1v7 sounds like a joke (should be, but whatever you want to do, you're the one that quit the tournament and now are talking about playing). How about 3 Pm Eastern instead of 1? I'm not sure how many of my team will make it but I'm sure some will. Cheers,

Phos

Phos

Post by Phos »

Official time is 5 Eastern on Saturday, 8/13. See everyone then.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

The 1v7 isn't a joke FYI maybe I'll use one teammate. I want to test myself. Don't over look me (us) or you will get shanked

DBSeeker

Re: DE2: Noobs Inc vs Boom Town Sat 5PM EDT 8/13 (Pending)

Post by DBSeeker »

I thought this was going to be 1 or 2 v 7.

Instead, I see that Asmo showed up with a full force. What happened? No flaming, I mean seriously, what happened?

wwo

Post by wwo »

Most of us were leftover from the previous non-mwc games.

Phos

Post by Phos »

I think it was a really great match. I screwed up my trade in the first game - Got 1 lock when I meant to get 6! - so we had to try a rush strat, it didn't work out but we still did a good amount of damage to them, but not enough :)

Game 2 was really close. At the end game, we had slightly more percentage than them, but they were in a much better position with flags and they were able to push us off the last flag to 6 flag us, nice job Boom Town there and a really good game.

In Games 3 and 5 we just outplayed them, so it was nice to see that we could do that.

Game 4 we were winning, we had pushed them all the way to their side, and then Yolo/Zak have a fetch/lock shot mishap. 2 of Zak's fetch die from the friendly fire, and then Zak intentionally kills Yolo's lock in retaliation (he later said this was to prevent more friendly fire). Bottom line is that I need to keep Zak and Yolo away from each other in the future :) So at that point, we only had 2 fetch left to their 3, and we probably should have just held back. But, we were trying to get to their dummies (which are assasin targets, along with moveable bre). We made it there, killed some of their dummies, but they ended up taking us out with about 3:30 left, Gekko being clearly the MVP on their side, and then they made it to our targets and killed us.

Great games. Thanks for showing up in force Asmodian, and thanks for playing everyone. Thanks to Dantski for strategizing and coming up with the trades, as I was taking the week off from Myth. Thanks to HMP and Kryptos for showing up and helping to make our team world class. Thanks to Garnish for being the team utility player with his auto-hosted rooms announcing the times, and for actually showing up to practices when we had them :) Thanks to Seeker for getting us into Discord, which proved a good resource for communicating. Father Xmas, we missed you this week, you were a great team player as well! Renwood, your obsession for jmen is quite the flair. And of course, much thanks to Paris for organaizing, sorry for all of the drama you had to deal with :) It was my first MWC since 2000, and I am glad to have been a part of it. I hope I can be back next year. I may not do much Myth before then, but we'll see, no promises, I may need some stress relief from time to time this year.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2016”