MWC Finals MVP

Asmodian

MWC Finals MVP

Post by Asmodian »

So I didn't plan on watching the finals films at all since it was 5-2 and didn't appears close, but here I am unable to go to bed and so it happened.

I figured I would write a short MWC MVP article to wrap up this mwc especially since the actual MVP has not received his proper praise for one of the better individual performances I've ever seen through a 7 game series.

When Initially looking at the stats it appears that the MVP award probably should have only gone to 1 of 2 players; either Trev 1.667 dmg ratio [the best by nearly a .4 margin or Cruniac who has the 2nd best dmg ratio at 1.3 while doing it in a more difficult heavy hitting role. Obviously these two players played their roles really well with those ratios in a 5-2 win, but the indisputable MVP was easily Eastwind.

So lets do a short break down of EW's MVP performance and show how numbers truly can lie in myth. Eastwind posted a 1.07 dmg ratio (pretty good but just 5th overall).

MVP BREAKDOWN

Game 1: Eastwind has a small warrior pack & he partners north with Limp for most of the game. Limp and EW face a slightly larger melee pack north and hold them off all game while the rest of the team mid is able to win the arty fight having a 16 to 12 archer advantage. Not an amazing game, but EW performed his role perfectly; the other team should have been able to push EW's smaller melee pack and possibly pressured TWF's flag, but it was not the case.

Game 2: Eastwind has a 1trow/melee pack and he is faced off against Adren in the west who has a similar 1 trow unit set. Eastwind is pretty much in a stalemate all game west while Ghengis absolutely throws the game in the east letting the other teams trow run ramped. Eastwind attempt to force a pretty much unwinnable fight because the game is over anyways. This makes his ratios look worse than they should even though he did his job. This was an average performance; nothing great, nothing wrong.

Game 3: Eastwind has 3 herons and some puss in the south with about 2-3 of his teammates. They are matched up against LK who has all 3 herons south and some other teammates as well. To summarize this EW absolutely wrecks with his herons racking up a huge amount of kills and big plays. He stats at the end of the game only look ok with 46 dmg given and 33 dmg taken. The reality is all that dmg taken was from his herons that never died.

Game 4: He trows, he does badly. No excuses here. This is his 1 bad game in 7 games total. He does 39 dmg and takes 79. This one bad game is the reason his dmg ratios didn't end up being great for the whole match.

Game 5: Eastwind has a smaller WP North vs Rawr who has a much larger WP. This gives EW's team a unit advantage across the rest of the map, which they eventually win. Not only does EW survive and stall while his team cleans up, but he absolutely wins the Puss game vs Rawr in the north and cleans up Rawr's larger WP with 6+ melee surviving. A great performance.

Game 6: Eastwind has a mort/puss squad South that is helping hold of a similar, but larger (fetch advantage) force S. EW ends up getting a puss on the enemies fetch that freezes for of them and sets up a mort shot that absolutely obliterates the other team essentially winning the game. Another great performance.

Basically EW made what I consider the biggest play in 3 of his teams 4 wins needed to close out the finals and he played solid in 2 of the other 3 games before the finals were closed out. Again, STATS CAN LIE & DID LIE about EW's performance in this match.

Congrats to your 2016 MVP

EastWind

Signed,

TMNT FAM

East Wind tmnt

Re: MWC Finals MVP

Post by East Wind tmnt »

I just saw it ad, jeez. Good assessment smo - that trow game was the only bad 1.

Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

U emphasize damage ratios too much,

Agreed EW is amazing and was MVP but dmg isnt everything, good assessment

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:U emphasize damage ratios too much,
I was actually doing the opposite : O

dmg ratios do matter though. It's hard to have a good match if you don't have at least .75+ throughout a whole series of games.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

what the fuck... i don't remember posting this...

RodeKi11

Post by RodeKi11 »

adrenaline wrote:what the fuck... i don't remember posting this...
haha... you may have a big problem then

wwo

Post by wwo »

I do enjoy the sensation of discovering what my alternate blackout self does.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

wwo wrote:
I do enjoy the sensation of discovering what my alternate blackout self does.
The sad thing is you post on myth forums while drunk.....haven't done that shit in years.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Oh. I assumed you were blackout drunk for every post you made.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Thanks for taking that one. His could've been directed at me, but I couldn't come up with anything worth typing out. Pogue's been rather pissy lately, but at least we can sober up.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

adrenaline wrote:Oh. I assumed you were blackout drunk for every post you made.
LOL
wwo wrote:Thanks for taking that one. His could've been directed at me, but I couldn't come up with anything worth typing out. Pogue's been rather pissy lately, but at least we can sober up.
This is true.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2016”