BLATANT RIGGING

limp

Re: BLATANT RIGGING

Post by limp »

1. I never said gekko should be rated #1 that's crazy talk

2. I don't know how much clearer I could have been in regards to subs in the finals , I told everyone very directly, in a film for all to see : "go ahead and do what you want to do asmo, its your tournament, but I'll hold it against you"

So I gave you the keys the car and you took the bus instead, because you were too afraid of having your ethics questioned about winning a tournament with one of the best players in the game (and likely #1 overall draft seed) subbing for you in the final two games of the tournament. Which again, I told you you could do it if you wanted to, and if my "holding it aginst you" changed your mind, then was it really the right choice ethically to begin with to consider him?

The fact that there is so much belittlement when I gave you carte blanche to do what you wanted is hilarious. Did I want to win? More than I wanted to lose! Either way this all very funny, the match came down to a game 7 where both teams were tied in flags as the timer expired.

Realistically, we should be talking about how Asmo took 40%+ on a 5 man team and had a negative ratio in a deciding game 7, but its cool, you guys gotta get your kicks where you can find them I guess.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

limp wrote:1. I never said gekko should be rated #1 that's crazy talk.
You really did. It was when I had Dantski rated higher and you said you were better than him and convinced me to rate him lower. In the same conversation you said Gekko should be your #1 overall with the players signed up.

So if it's crazy talk it came from you.

Dude you wanted the tournament win I get it. Despite you saying no one cares, the dude who got to sub in a MWC finals just a few weeks earlier denied subs in a draft tournament finals in what was a 5v7 for half the games. Congrats on the win and bringing care back to myth.

limp

Post by limp »

CRUN WAS MY #1

limp

Post by limp »

limp wrote: 2. I don't know how much clearer I could have been in regards to subs in the finals , I told everyone very directly, in a film for all to see : "go ahead and do what you want to do asmo, its your tournament, but I'll hold it against you".
asmo wrote: the dude who got to sub in a MWC finals just a few weeks earlier denied subs in a draft tournament finals in what was a 5v7 for half the games.
Hehe

"just the facts Jack, just the facts"

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Asmodian wrote:Congrats on the win and bringing care back to myth.
Pretty sure you and gkg did that a while ago.

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Lol I think Asmo deleted my last post when trying to delete his own or something. Oh well, dantski preserved a lot of it in quotations.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Giant Killer General wrote:Wwo, do you really think the quotes I just listed from limp are of a man who doesn't care?
Limp is a duplicitous bitch who enjoys a good mindfuck, one of the reasons he's been a mythpal for 16+ years. Of course he cares. Hell, you and him have even somewhat bonded recently, circlejerking over each other's myth legacy. Care isn't the point. If Asmo pulled the same semantic shenanigans Limp does, he could've had EW the entire match.

I respect Asmo enough to not guess his motivations, but it would be nice to see if he would still (a) do the draft by himself, and (b) assign the teams the same way.

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Limp is actually pretty stupid and doesn't plan much of anything. If it goes against him he ignores it and if it goes his way he takes all the credit. Kind of a Myth Forrest Gump with an ego, if you will.

He does have a disgusting amount of care though.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

wwo wrote:I respect Asmo enough to not guess his motivations, but it would be nice to see if he would still (a) do the draft by himself, and (b) assign the teams the same way.
a. Either way was fine for me. There wasn't 4 capable captains willing to draft, just 3. Doing the draft myself however did make it more interesting. I would have stomped with a traditional draft just like I did the last two : O

b. If I was picking the teams by myself again I wouldn't have let outside talk influence my rankings. Even with that said it's impossible to get the rankings with limited knowledge. There will always be someone who doesn't show,under performs or over performs.

par73

Post by par73 »

This has been fun
Thanks for hosting Asmo!
Asmodian wrote:
a. Either way was fine for me. There wasn't 4 capable captains willing to draft, just 3. Doing the draft myself however did make it more interesting. I would have stomped with a traditional draft just like I did the last two : O

b. If I was picking the teams by myself again I wouldn't have let outside talk influence my rankings. Even with that said it's impossible to get the rankings with limited knowledge. There will always be someone who doesn't show,under performs or over performs.
Well now, this becomes even more entertaining because both of those critically acclaimed draft victories were victories against teams missing their best players.

The correlation between draft tournament placement and player attendance is likely stronger than player performance, at this point one may safely assume it's the deciding factor.

Yet, this whole "East Wind playing or not is my trump card in the circle jerking aftermath", while entertaining, is undermining a key fact.
Team Chimp didn't need an Eastern Winded Miracle or balanced player ratio to stomp Hakuna Matata (see Game 6). Chimp stomped themselves when in the winner-take-all their captain made a decision to trade for no mauls, take 40% of his teams units and lose the game before anyone was able to play it.

Just how far will one go to stack the deck in their own favor and have irrelevant excuses and false accusations made in their defense when facing defeat? We've been finding out folks!

Honkey

Post by Honkey »

I used to think people in myth cared. Then i started playing eve.

myth care = showing up for 1-2 hrs a week and actually trying to win. Dont really see anything wrong with that. 1 person may or may not look at maps ahead of time.

eve care- Must install cell phone apps to respond to emergencies (pings). People take off work mid day, use sick days, stay up till 5 am with work at 7 am due to timers, and there are many a marriages that have fallen apart in the name of a good fight or emergency. There are legit people who have quit corporate careers and made that game their income source. Certain groups that break the game rules have international lawyers defend them against the gaming company trying to ban their accounts as the practice is that profitable.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2015”