Myth All-Star Invitational

Lord---Scary Owl

Re: Myth All-Star Invitational

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

i thought this was going to be drama free?

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I think it's pretty fucking obvious that I can control more than 1 unit set better than most people in this game... given my 1v1 prowess, and micro abilities. Crun certainly had no problem giving me 30% and full flanks every game in the draft tourney, and that yielded fine results. Ya GKG mellee'd better that game perhaps, but I held my own just fine. Not sure if he had a myrk advantage or not, but it really doesn't matter. He's a great player and played it well. Also note, that MY mort killed 2 of their arty N and opened it up for our team to push in. You seem to be ignoring that fact. And did I keep walking arcs mid? No idiot... we saw the rush and halted our advance. We stayed where we were because had we backpeddled, we would have been caught in a choke point and pussed even harder. Idiot. Don't fucking pretend to know more about this fucking game that I do, Asmo. You proved yesterday that you are a less than average captain, and you've proved in these posts that you are a less than average interpreter of the fucking obvious. End of goddamn discussion.

Lord---Scary Owl

sum up:
gkg hosts great games
adren and smo lose
adren whines
smo blameshifts
angry people blah blah ratios blah better blah 1v1 blah
ggs

When will myth have games without someone getting mad? Never

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Looking forward to seeing you team with GKG in all future 2t tournaments since you know so much about this game. GKG always likes teaming with the players that are myth 2 savy so I'm sure you two will hit the ground running as teammates.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

lol...

Also, LSO... get the fuck out of this thread. You are annoying.

Lord---Scary Owl

adrenaline wrote:lol...

i post 1 comment after adrenaline posts 13 whine posts
gg myth

dac

Post by dac »

Asmodian wrote:It appeared the wight could be sunk, but oh well I'm not going to test ever little thing on a myth 2 map when this game is dead and the level of competition on this game isn't good. Thankfully there is other games with millions of players that allows me to play with/against players of my same caliber.
Cya in a week dude.

I get the rage and frustration but this one doesn't pass any sort of smell test. Let's be real here, games were organized so you could show off capping abilities with a better roster. Attendance happened and the rosters werent what either team was expecting, mistakes and miscues happened and a few of the games went shitty as a result.

Dont take it so hard man. You deserve a ton of credit for making this match happen.
Lord---Scary Owl wrote:

gg myth
Inability to listen to orders is one of the reasons you weren't invited. BOC did that much in the games he played.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

dac wrote:
Asmodian wrote:It appeared the wight could be sunk, but oh well I'm not going to test ever little thing on a myth 2 map when this game is dead and the level of competition on this game isn't good. Thankfully there is other games with millions of players that allows me to play with/against players of my same caliber.
Cya in a week dude.
Mmm I already play other games and usually have always been playing 1 other game when I'm active on myth to satisfy what I consider a strong competitive scene because I'm a very competitive person.

Games were organized...? I don't think anyone on my team knew the ideas behind the strat other than EW and I have never done a walk through with a team as captain ever.

so yeah I'm not sure how that would give anyone a chance to portray captain abilities beyond basics. Even if I did want to explain anything in PT a bunch of my players were asking which way they should go after already being told so yeah... These are just glorified rabble games which is fine. Pretty sure most people just play myth 2 for fun.
dac wrote:I get the rage and frustration but this one doesn't pass any sort of smell test..
Wtf is this even suppose to mean? Rage and frustration isn't what I felt it was more disappointment because I realized there isn't a good enough player base to actually get consistent high level myth even with an organized match. Most if not all of those games were decided on really bad mistakes, not really good play.

Have you ever heard me get mad on vent? Nope. Has Cruniac ever heard me get mad even though I have played with him a lot on skype in other games? Nope (ok maybe the ryze game I fed). I think it's pretty clear that you and many others confuse my friendly banter/messing around with being mad.

Lord---Scary Owl

dac wrote:
Cya in a week dude.

I get the rage and frustration but this one doesn't pass any sort of smell test. Let's be real here, games were organized so you could show off capping abilities with a better roster. Attendance happened and the rosters werent what either team was expecting, mistakes and miscues happened and a few of the games went shitty as a result.

Dont take it so hard man. You deserve a ton of credit for making this match happen.
Lord---Scary Owl wrote:

gg myth
Inability to listen to orders is one of the reasons you weren't invited. BOC did that much in the games he played.
i am 2x better than BOC, i do listen to orders
BOC wasn't invited he was lucky enough to be accepted when he showed up
i could care less because i was at a family event while you chimps were playing
tbh i didnt care much about this little all star game, i knew how it would turn out
ggs guys

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

BOC put up the best damage ratio by 2x. Don't get so mad that BOC is an all-star LSO, actually BOC isn't an all-star he is a super star.

BOC
BOC
BOC
BOC

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I've never watched any of these dumb shit shoutcasts before, but Adren's comments have totally sold watching the films for these games. Shit sounds like gold.

dac

Post by dac »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:i am 2x better than BOC, i do listen to orders
You didnt get the fuck out of the thread as adren ordered though, not a good look.

Also, not sure if you're old enough to have learned multiplication yet, but can you remind me what 2x0 is?

BOC owned g6. He is the all star match ratio champ.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

dac wrote:
You didnt get the fuck out of the thread as adren ordered though, not a good look.
Goddamn you I was gonna post that ;)

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I don't think LSO understands the difference between whining and flaming. No where did I whine here... I flamed and even self-deprecated. That is not whining.

dac

Post by dac »

Pogue wrote:
dac wrote:
Goddamn you I was gonna post that ;)
I baited it so well, I would have been so pissed if you took that away from me!

Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Asmo, even if it was true that your team was just somehow worthless / a glorified rabble team (which I don't think anyone agrees with), since you just agreed that you made mistakes, then why don't you spend any time talking about what those mistakes were? You can write paragraphs of excuses blaming teammates but not a single sentence about what you did wrong? You spent hours stratting but now suddenly don't care? That is completely disingenuous.

it's like the mwc14 finals all over again. You said you learned a bunch from that match but I don't see any change at all. Before we only had 1 example match, but now we are starting to see a pattern.

Lord---Scary Owl

good job dac, i didnt see that coming
math was somewhere along the way...

pogue saying it would just not be cool

dac

Post by dac »

Giant Killer General wrote:Asmo, even if it was true that your team was just somehow worthless / a glorified rabble team (which I don't think anyone agrees with), since you just agreed that you made mistakes, then why don't you spend any time talking about what those mistakes were? You can write paragraphs of excuses blaming teammates but not a single sentence about what you did wrong? You spent hours stratting but now suddenly don't care? That is completely disingenuous.

it's like the mwc14 finals all over again. You said you learned a bunch from that match but I don't see any change at all. Before we only had 1 example match, but now we are starting to see a pattern.
The rosters being shaken from under our feet did suck though. It would be nice if we could get any sorta guaranteed attendance from people but I always refuse to commit so I guess I dont have a leg to stand on with that one.

wwo

Post by wwo »

I should've posted as soon as adren drunk-posted his excuses.

I think asmo has deliberately handicapped himself the last 3 years, so there's always a dumbass factor like adren to blame. Now he's finally realizing that the excellent 1v1 and ffa players can go full derp mode in 2t and wreck a game/match no matter how well the other 5+captain play. I really thought limp shitting on one of his teammates the last few tourneys would have opened asmo's eyes, but if smo wants credit for being a good captain, he's going to have to figure out a way to compensate for his players' CLEARLY KNOWN DEFICIENCIES and working around it. GKG does this by getting chat-reading, experienced players who don't make basic tactical fuckups. I'll be interested to see how asmo tries to continue his M2SBR ascent.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

All this discussion makes me want to check the films out. My dmg was tied for 2nd best in game 4 btw!

I think it is worth mentioning that your team really tried to rally around you asmo. I know rawr and I did. Not good to throw those under the bus that attempted to help.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

where did i make an excuse, wwo? i stated facts, and even full on admitted to sucking balls in that javelin game. you bitter old bastard.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Good drama, kids. Good drama

par73

Post by par73 »

keeping myth alive over here

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:good job dac, i didnt see that coming

That might be the single weakest attempt at trolling I've ever seen on a myth forum, and I should know with some of the shit I've posted over the years.

Lord---Scary Owl

Pogue wrote:

That might be the single weakest attempt at trolling I've ever seen on a myth forum, and I should know with some of the shit I've posted over the years.
You jut got baited lol!

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:
Pogue wrote:

You jut got baited lol!
You're remarkably delusional, even for a teenager. How do you 'bait' someone when their post acknowledges what a horrible example of trolling yours was? Is it because you got me to reply? Lol... I can just picture you getting home from school and rushing to your computer to get on the forums just to have the myth community yell at or ignore you. You really are the new Elfoid.

Lord---Scary Owl

Pogue wrote:
Pogue wrote:

You jut got baited lol!
You're remarkably delusional, even for a teenager. How do you 'bait' someone when their post acknowledges what a horrible example of trolling yours was? Is it because you got me to reply? Lol... I can just picture you getting home from school and rushing to your computer to get on the forums just to have the myth community yell at or ignore you. You really are the new Elfoid.
lol this is what i was expecting. perfect.
i only get made fun of by you and dac besides the occasional jab by kirk and zak
myth is still fun

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

I'd like to put my name in the hat to captain the next deal. I just need a few weeks notice.

tirri

Post by tirri »

i want to take part in this too as soon as my kids aren't awake all night. i cant believe i missed juventus vs man city yesterday because i was so afraid the kids wouldnt sleep at night!

rawr

Post by rawr »

Let's get a rat vs gkg going while everyone is in full care mode . Gkg and rat discuss rosters amongst each other , set a date and let's make this happen . Pt 2

Giant Killer General

Well like 3 different people have posted about hosting tournaments, so I want to see how those pan out before I organize anything else with this. The earliest I would do anything is probably 3-4 weeks, with 2 week notice before then. It can't be on the same weekend as any other tournaments though.

Rosters would likely be mostly just a swap, since Asmo wanted to make an excuse of blaming the team rosters. I would take almost all of team 2's roster next time with just some minor adjustment.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote: i only get made fun of by you and dac besides the occasional jab by kirk and zak
That's because everyone else employs the aforementioned 'ignore' technique.

dac

Post by dac »

Pogue wrote:
Lord---Scary Owl wrote: i only get made fun of by you and dac besides the occasional jab by kirk and zak
That's because everyone else employs the aforementioned 'ignore' technique.
To tack on to what pogue said, dont worry, years from now when you read something on the internet and dont cry like a bitch you'll thank us for helping develop your backbone.

Myth has always been a crucible of immunity to internet butthurt

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I wasn't joking when I said I'd captain a team.

Lord---Scary Owl

dac and pogue lol....
I've never cried playing or reading (forums) myth before

Not everyone ignores me

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Giant Killer General wrote:Rosters would likely be mostly just a swap, since Asmo wanted to make an excuse of blaming the team rosters. I would take almost all of team 2's roster next time with just some minor adjustment.
Uhh that's a bad idea and I never said that. I pointed out that some people made really bad mistakes, on a different day it could be a different story. Why even pick pre-determined teams, it's not going to work. Someone won't show up who said they would and someone else will take their place. Just have each captain take 1 pre determined player incase you want to use someone for strating or whatever and then let the 2 captains kickball the teams at the day of the match.

I mean look at team 2, the pre-determined teams are stupid when you have 1 player choosing the teams. When would you ever put a team together like team 2 for a mwc?...

GKG
Arz
Gekko
Chron
Dac
Limp
Ska
Samuel-->BC player

Team 2:
Asmo
Tirri -->BC player
EW
Crun -->BC player
Adren-->BC player
Rawr-->BC player
Ratking
Myrk-->BC player

Something like this would make a lot more sense and I'm sure that kick balling the teams would make it look closer to this as well.

GKG
EASTWIND
ADRENALINE
CRUNIAC
CHRON
DAC
SKA
MYRK/SAMUEL?

RATKING
TIRRI
ARZENIC
ASMODIAN
LIMP
GEKKO
RAWR
PARIS

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

Unsure why I would be categorized as a 'bc player', usually I'm the only one leaving scouts/flag def and I don't even know the range of pus/dorfs/morts/locks/anything anymore

dac

Post by dac »

Myrk wrote:Unsure why I would be categorized as a 'bc player', usually I'm the only one leaving scouts/flag def and I don't even know the range of pus/dorfs/morts/locks/anything anymore
It's a euphamism for tunnel visioned and not self adjusting.

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Lord---Scary Owl wrote:dac and pogue lol....
I've never cried playing or reading (forums) myth before

Not everyone ignores me

Giant Killer General

Excuse me asmo, you and i both went over the teams and you agreed to them with me. So you can stop with your bullshit about how "1 player" chose everything about the teams. If you had any issues with them you had every opportunity to speak up then. If there was anything wrong with your roster then that is your fault. If you recall you were even trying to give me crun to replace ska because you felt your team was a little too strong before the match.

Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with the roster for team 2, and I will show it by capping a similar team roster. The difference in perspective here is you blame poor plays by your players, and I blame poor capping/stratting for those poor plays instead. So I have no problem captaining that team roster and people can see for themselves if the result will be any different.

There are many good reasons to do pre-selected teams since people have preferences for who they team with, and some will not show if they are stuck under a captain or team roster they don't like. There is nothing saying we can't do minor adjustments based on who shows up. It also gives people time to debate any desired change in the roster that they see fit. It also keeps a similar core of players consistent on each team throughout many all-star matches, which helps standardize the teams for multiple all-star matches. If anyone wants to organize it different they can organize their own all-star match, but this is how I am organizing mine.

You certainly implied that the team rosters were unfair in some regard because I had more "team smart" players and you had more "BC players", as further evidenced by your attempt to label the rosters with BC players right now.

You did an abysmal job picking rosters for your draft tournament so I would hardly ever take your advice on who counts as a "BC" player anyway. You are going to count tirri as a BC player but not chron? That is laughable. And having myrk is on you, you volunteered to add him to your team, not me.

Myrk

Post by Myrk »

dac wrote:
Myrk wrote:Unsure why I would be categorized as a 'bc player', usually I'm the only one leaving scouts/flag def and I don't even know the range of pus/dorfs/morts/locks/anything anymore
It's a euphamism for tunnel visioned and not self adjusting.
Since when am I known for tunnel vision. I can think of one game I tunnel visioned in this match (the ctf) and our strat was so bad I couldn't do anything anyway.

wwo

Post by wwo »

Team chemistry is pretty important, and not in the "we get along" way. Maybe Asmo is saying his team didn't mesh as easily style-wise?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Giant Killer General wrote:Excuse me asmo, you and i both went over the teams and you agreed to them with me. So you can stop with your bullshit about how "1 player" chose everything about the teams. If you had any issues with them you had every opportunity to speak up then. If there was anything wrong with your roster then that is your fault.

You chose the teams stop kidding yourself. The only thing I suggested was tirri and sam not be on the same team like they were originally because they wouldn't want to team. Yeah, I didn't bring up any issues because I was showing up to have fun and enjoy some potentially good myth games. I didn't realize this was some quest for you to try and show you are the GOAT.
Giant Killer General wrote:If you recall you were even trying to give me crun to replace ska because you felt your team was a little too strong before the match.
You misquote me almost every time that you try and say I "said" certain things. I recall suggesting to swap crun & ska because I had all the traditional "Power players/(AKA BC players) and you have all the traditional role players. I didn't have anything to do with feeling like my team was too strong.
If anyone wants to organize it different they can organize their own all-star match, but this is how I am organizing mine.
^^Again the exact reason I let you do the teams how you wanted to, it was your match that you organized. I showed up for what I was hoping to be good/fun myth not to try to prove anything. If I'm going to try and prove something as a player it's going to be in a tournament setting where you have a lot more time with your team and a forum so people can be closer to being on the same page as far as understanding their role and the strategies.

Giant Killer General wrote:You did an abysmal job picking rosters for your draft tournament so I would hardly ever take your advice on who counts as a "BC" player anyway. You are going to count tirri as a BC player but not chron? That is laughable.
My "abysmal job picking rosters" led to a close 4-3 finals win for the team that had a player advantage 5/7 games in that finals match. Also Cruniac's team didn't have Lizardking or Browning for even 1 week(2 of their top 4 players), but still had a realistic chance of going to the finals. Also they were missing lizardking,browning,adrenlaine & captain easily 4 of their top 6 players week 3. Given a little better attendance week 3 the whole outcome of the tournament could be different.

Tirri is the most borderline of the BC players I listed, but Chron is most definitely a do it all team player. He is always willing to take whatever role is given to him and even turns down traditional power roles (trow,fetch,rushes) to take a different unit set.

Giant Killer General

And you were given every opportunity to change the team, you signed off on it. It is yours. If you had little issues with it that is because I genuinely tried to make the teams as fair as possible, even to your advantage somewhat. There is 0 personal responsibility being taken here, its hilarious.

In any case, I will take a similar team roster that you had and we can see who is right or wrong then. Of course we have already seen this result happen before in the mwc14 finals. You certainly weren't bitching about too many BC players with ew, dant, and arz all on your team then. It was just some other excuses then. Same shit, different stink.

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Giant Killer General wrote:And you were given every opportunity to change the team, you signed off on it. It is yours. If you had little issues with it that is because I genuinely tried to make the teams as fair as possible, even to your advantage somewhat. There is 0 personal responsibility being taken here, its hilarious.

I guess you missed the message in all my other post. I SHOWED TO PLAY SOME FUN GAMES OF MYTH, not to win some match because omg my "myth legacy" is on the line.
Giant Killer General wrote:In any case, I will take a similar team roster that you had and we can see who is right or wrong then. Of course we have already seen this result happen before in the mwc14 finals. You certainly weren't bitching about too many BC players with ew, dant, and arz all on your team then. It was just some other excuses then. Same shit, different stink.
Because dant,arz and ew aren't "BC" players... They are extremely smart players who make good decisions and communicate frequently. Mmm what excuse would that be? We lost fair and square with a player advantage. I recall mostly blaming myself for a bad call on mixed blessings and myrk suiciding game 7 and me following suite.

The only thing I think that I have said a few times that could be interpreted as an excuse is saying my team was inactive because it was true.

Ratking

Post by Ratking »

This is all very interesting but I have lost sight of the overall goal. Perhaps re-focusing on the initial idea may give us some direction?

I see merit to both sides of the roster issue. I for one would like to form my plans around certain players, even to the extent of knowing the exact number (impossible at times, I know). On the other hand I know that it is very difficult to predict who will attend. That makes me think what the hell, just kickball it. As long as the rosters are even and make for good games I'm good with that.

The most important thing is to give me advanced notice. I'm not opposed to chatting out the details either.

Lord---Scary Owl

start from the beginning rat.
this is mainly asmo trying to defend his complaints

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

I thought these glorified rabble games were supposed to be fun. All this arguing doesn't seem fun to me. :(

par73

Post by par73 »

"In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions. Isn't that another way of looking at it?"

Asmodian wrote: I'm just going to play for fun which is what I have always done(despite what people may think), all my other shenanigans on the forums and in-game are and mostly have always been to keep interest in a dead game that just happens to be great.

or is it... you have fun controlling conditions and myth has such a small population, as such, most are disinterested in being a team leader or tournament organizer, therefore it suddenly becomes fun for you (to take those roles)?

i'm confused here but maybe i'm not, are we witnessing an episode of asmodian identity crisis?

i'll briefly analyze with a shot in the dark. smo can sit here dissing and dismissing the community or the game, but once reality sets in you'll see how foolish that garbage is. if you're here to play for fun then why weren't you having it?
playing the blame game is no fun for anyone

lets start and end with the myrk 4 herons vs my 4 herons, game 1 chat:
ratking, my flank partner "asmo will readjust"
asmo, "4 herons and arcs east"
asmo "oru east is dead"
zero communication

i'd like to think of the typo "oru" as a fruedian slip of "or our", but lets stick to the facts jack.

it's the first game, on territories (stay alive until the end); myrk is isolated from any help in the first minutes and asmo is trailing behind him as his flank partner.
was your >captains< strategy to rely on ESP to convey game plan to teammates?
that might be a fun ideal strategy but perhaps not so much for your teammates.
what sucks is your draft tournament loss in the game 7 decider when you took too many units and put a lot of faith in your abilities and strategy which failed, so in what one could say is the 'all-star' match you thought you could put faith in your teammates (but no, this is myth, and myth is pain).
your initial frustration by failing to communicate has now snowballed and manifested into what we see before us

soul crushing really, perhaps asmo needs to take a break from the game or computers instead of defending these hypocrisies as well

this argument/forum rambling is as stupid as the "New Era Best Era" debates i've seen go on until 4-5 am EST and lies on the same pretense.

those were good games, are you to truly say your efforts for choosing the maps, the teams, and creating the strats are in vain? really now, losing it to adren of all people, that guy was starting threads arguing with me when I was 15 years old. 15! weren't you around then ? if this idea of forum content is fun then please let us continue ! clearly it's not so lets move along here. its a shame you couldn't provide some sort of sensei commentary about how teamwork and preparation valued above all else.
in hindsight, perhaps you should have argued to take me as a teammate instead of slate while i ate cookies sipped lemonade (and got roasted). didn't you hint in june we would have teamed up sometime this summer ? ah, i guess you were just having fun. :( well, it does not seem like you are now; build bridge walk over it. it's just a game.

"In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality. But knowledge and understanding are ambiguous. That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions. Isn't that another way of looking at it?"

Return to “Myth World Cup 2015”