tirri a plant?

punkUser

tirri a plant?

Post by punkUser »

I've heard from inside sources that Asmo conspired to plant tirri on gents with the intention of throwing games via dropping, as was demonstrated today in DE2:
http://www.gateofstorms.net/tournaments ... rounds/364

Discuss.

tirri

Re: tirri a plant?

Post by tirri »

i was going to post a big post about calling all of asmo's team complete pussies with screenshots and evetything but i kind of lost steam and will go to bed instead. i'll just say its pretty easy for any impartial observer to see which team had the upper hand when i was in the game and not getting disconnected so we will see what happens in later rounds when i get my comp problems fixed and adren can show up. i myself predict a pretty easy sweep for gents

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

tirri wrote:i was going to post a big post about calling all of asmo's team complete pussies with screenshots and evetything but i kind of lost steam and will go to bed instead.
It's ok, do it tomorrow. Pro-tip, Win/Option+F12 will take a screenshot to the myth dir (/screenshots IIRC) just to make it easier. Videos are even better, especially with commentary.

That said, I think someone else might have to speak to the actual accusation as anything you present will just be construed as part of the coverup.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

Tirri, join Teabaggers, and you'll be reunited with Rabican !

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Pissing off Tirri? Horrible move.

tirri

Post by tirri »

im on vacation and finally had time to check out the over-heating problem. turns out it was pretty simple as the processor cooler thingy was in this shape (i had already cleaned it from all the dust before taking the picture):

im pretty sure that was mostly the cause of my problems but i went ahead and cleaned the whole computer and also bought this:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Noct ... SE2/6.html

didnt buy it because of myth problems but rather so i could run my statistical analyses all day and all night but i hope my myff problems will be gone too

tirri

Post by tirri »

well the heat seems to be down but after updating bios i keep getting blue screen of death
how annoyimng

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

tirri wrote:i was going to post a big post about calling all of asmo's team complete pussies with screenshots and evetything but i kind of lost steam and will go to bed instead. i'll just say its pretty easy for any impartial observer to see which team had the upper hand when i was in the game and not getting disconnected so we will see what happens in later rounds when i get my comp problems fixed and adren can show up. i myself predict a pretty easy sweep for gents

all bark no bite.

I will be enjoying the fine weather and fireworks while the Gentlemen work their way up through the bottom bracket.

wwo

Post by wwo »

:)

tirri

Post by tirri »

Asmodian wrote:
tirri wrote:i was going to post a big post about calling all of asmo's team complete pussies with screenshots and evetything but i kind of lost steam and will go to bed instead. i'll just say its pretty easy for any impartial observer to see which team had the upper hand when i was in the game and not getting disconnected so we will see what happens in later rounds when i get my comp problems fixed and adren can show up. i myself predict a pretty easy sweep for gents

all bark no bite.

I will be enjoying the fine weather and fireworks while the Gentlemen work their way up through the bottom bracket.
Meh, you managed to win in sd against a team who had a player of my caliber present for 2/6 games while getting one game gifted to you by a disconnect and fellows were also without adren for the whole match. Great job

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

tirri wrote: while getting one game gifted to you by a disconnect
Even if it was game-changing, was easily cancelled by the game we gifted back over incorrect settings (12 vs 14 minutes) where we clearly would have taken the flag had we had 2 more minutes. Neither event was called out by anyone until after the games...
tirri wrote:fellows were also without adren for the whole match
It's true we didn't have adren but we've been dealing with that for the entire tournament so far.

Discuss.

PS: Glad you got your fan issue sorted - I assume you thoroughly cleaned off the old thermal grease (isopropyl alcohol works great for this) and re-applied? Or alternatively switched to the new HSF?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

tirri wrote: Meh, you managed to win in sd against a team who had a player of my caliber present for 2/6 games while getting one game gifted to you by a disconnect and fellows were also without adren for the whole match. Great job
You can't even remember what team you are on anymore. Oh, the words of a disloyal teammate!

I'm sure that Adrenaline will do his yearly disappearing act when his team faces elimination, so I'm not really sure you can count him as one of the reasons why gentlemen will do better next time. I'm glad that you fixed your overhearing issue though, hopefully it will fix your drop issues for when you play the bros in the bb finals.

adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Sorry for having an active social life :( i let the gents know well ahead of time which weekends i'd be missing :(

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

adrenaline wrote:Sorry for having an active social life

Chohan

Post by Chohan »

tirri wrote:Meh, you managed to win in sd against a team who had a player of my caliber present for 2/6 games while getting one game gifted to you by a disconnect and fellows were also without adren for the whole match. Great job
Oooof tirri with the public opinion that all of his own teamates are inferior to him. That can't be good for team cohesion.

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:
tirri wrote: while getting one game gifted to you by a disconnect
Even if it was game-changing, was easily cancelled by the game we gifted back over incorrect settings (12 vs 14 minutes) where we clearly would have taken the flag had we had 2 more minutes. Neither event was called out by anyone until after the games...
nah tirri disconnected in that "12 v 14" minutes game as well, you guys just failed to take advantage of that situation and come out with another win under circumstance

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote: nah tirri disconnected in that "12 v 14" minutes game as well, you guys just failed to take advantage of that situation and come out with another win under circumstance
Frankly if tirri hadn't disconnected (again... not like you had 4 other players waiting who could have played given his issues or anything) we probably would have won in 12. But I'm glad to see this deception is running deep into your ranks :)

tirri

Post by tirri »

punkUser wrote:
par73 wrote: nah tirri disconnected in that "12 v 14" minutes game as well, you guys just failed to take advantage of that situation and come out with another win under circumstance
Frankly if tirri hadn't disconnected (again... not like you had 4 other players waiting who could have played given his issues or anything) we probably would have won in 12. But I'm glad to see this deception is running deep into your ranks :)
So i was right, you are just a troll

par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:

seems more likely the deception is that 'your' team 'gifted' our team a game over incorrect settings, when a player on our team was hosting the games and selected 12 minutes instead of 14.

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

You more than likely would have lost the 12 minute game without a lagout on our team, which coincidentally is how every win for fellows came about D:

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

yeah, just watched the reply and I noticed that it was tirri who was matched up vs me on the far side and causing 0 threat. Him dropping had no great significance on the game, but keep pretending so if that makes you feel better about the loss.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Asmodian wrote:yeah, just watched the reply and I noticed that it was tirri who was matched up vs me on the far side and causing 0 threat. Him dropping had no great significance on the game, but keep pretending so if that makes you feel better about the loss.
Yeah I think it'd be tough to argue that there was any chance that flank was going to do anything significant. We already had way more than we needed watching it and still had no problem pushing elsewhere on the map. I think the (huge) screw up with the trow fight (apparently some sort of wwo controlling units shenanigans from the chat) was a bit more of a factor there than tirri's units briefly doing nothing, which wasn't really a change from the first half of the game.
Lizard King wrote:You more than likely would have lost the 12 minute game without a lagout on our team, which coincidentally is how every win for fellows came about D:
Ha, whatever helps you sleep. It'd be hard to explain away the trow terries loss that way in any case...

So if tirri was such a big factor for you guys that you kept playing him even with his clear technical issues, I guess it's safe to say you'd agree that you would have had no chance if he was still on our team, regardless of whether he played or not? Or are you somehow gonna try and play the middle-ground on that issue (i.e. he made us lose, but we didn't need him; that would actually support my initial allegation of him being a plant!)?
tirri wrote: So i was right, you are just a troll
Playing the role you set out for me :D Frankly I think I do it rather well, but you guys are making it too easy...

Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Tirri has been a big factor in touraments for the last 15 years(u mad?), but how could you possibly know this ;) Noone can really predict someone lagging out every game, without those lagouts you were doomed. W/e, be seeing you in the BB finals!

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

So yeah you agree that you need tirri on your team and not lagging out to (potentially) beat us. We're on the same page - plan working as intended :)

And lets be clear... tirri had perfectly predictable machine issues as he himself admited. This wasn't some random network lag, it was a condition that he knew existed, hoped wouldn't apply to Myth but apparently didn't think it was worthwhile testing beforehand. Nor after it was demonstrated to be an issue in game 1...

(Love you tirri ;), but you have yet to see my full trolling potential here!)

argos

Post by argos »

that's about all you're good for

argos

Post by argos »

Oh and helping keep myth alive, thanks for that whole thing

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

argos wrote:Oh and helping keep myth alive, thanks for that whole thing
No no no... tirri made it clear that I'm just another troll. So no more of that nonsense ;)

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

How has this even lasted 3 pages...

par73

Post by par73 »

Looks like punkuser and asmo are still butthurt that tirri left their team for greener pastuers

no surprises here

tirri

Post by tirri »

punkUser wrote: And lets be clear... tirri had perfectly predictable machine issues as he himself admited. This wasn't some random network lag, it was a condition that he knew existed, hoped wouldn't apply to Myth but apparently didn't think it was worthwhile testing beforehand. Nor after it was demonstrated to be an issue in game 1...
your arguments are so bad that its a bit strenuous to shoot them down but since this is the third time you keep saying the same thing, i guess ill speak. i'll let you continue on the trolling path you've chosen after this, troll.

i have had overheating issues for a long time and so far they have never affected myth. i had them way before mwc started and i didnt have problems in earlier weeks so i had no reason whatsoever to think i might have problems with myth. then i whopdidoo got disconnected once during a match. getting disconnected once from a myth game means absolutely nothing and there was no reason to think i had any issues with myth. i then got dcd a second time and right away told my team that i probably shouldnt play anymore.

so while you make it sound like i played on and on despite my known issues the reality is that i played the absolute bare minimum amount and the second it was clear that i have computer issues, i stopped playing.

congratulations on being nothing but a bad myther and a troll, troll

shadow

Post by shadow »

Myth 2 1.8
radio intercept

- tirri has been planted
psh..pshh
- Regroup, Team!
- Affirmative
- Follow Me!
- Roger
- Enemy Spotted
- Taking Fire, Need Assistance!
- Enemy Down
- Hold This Position!
- Stick Together, Team
- Affirmative
- Storm the Front
- Go, go, go
- Enemy Down
- Enemy Down
- Sector Clear
- Affirmative
pshh...pshh
- I'm in Position
- She's gonna Blow!
- Negative
pshh..psshhh
- tirri has been defused

counter-terrorists win

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

tirri wrote: getting disconnected once from a myth game means absolutely nothing and there was no reason to think i had any issues with myth.
Ok being serious for a moment... if you are simply getting "disconnected" but your machine and Myth are otherwise running normally on your end then your issue is not overheating. What made you determine that was the issue? You seemed pretty sure about it post-match so I assumed you had experienced hangs/crashes/blue-screens or similar issues on your end. If not, I would not be confident that addressing your overheating issue fixed whatever is going on with your connectivity. I can give some suggestions on debugging but I need to know more details on what is actually going on.
tirri wrote: congratulations on being nothing but a bad myther and a troll, troll
Oh the great irony of that comment... I hope you're intentionally playing into this (and ideally smiling to yourself) rather than missing the entire sequence of events here, tirri. If the latter, perhaps I need to apologize as you seem to have missed the entire meta-point of this thread and actually been taking this seriously...

par73

Post by par73 »

actually from your last post it sounds like the only person taking this serious here is you
punkUser wrote: Ok being serious for a moment...

Pogue

Post by Pogue »

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

par73 wrote:the only person taking this serious here
par I even used proper grammer for you in my post and you still managed to screw it up in the reply ;)

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

SECRET WORD OF THE DAY

tirri

Post by tirri »

I win again

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

tirri wrote:I win again
Damn - it was a convincing portrayal :D

tirri

Post by tirri »

had a freaking horrible time finding out what caused my whea_uncorrectable_error and clock_watchdog_timeout blue screens.
prime95 or intelburntest crashed my comp almost instantly. this and a few other stuff led me to think CPU was the most probable culprit even though cpu temperatures were pretty low.

couldnt really update cpu with my old motherboard so had to buy a new motherboard and cpu. then struggled for another day with Windows updates failing. really annoying to get stuck with these kinds of problems since i wanted to scrape and analyse a lot of data during my vacation and have now missed most of it already

wwo

Post by wwo »

How old is the laptop? I imagine you could get a basic one (that would run Myth) for not much more than what you're shelling out for a new cpu+mobo.

tirri

Post by tirri »

i dont really care about playing myth, i needed my comp in working order so i could continue my nhl analysis

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

You run a memtest? Definitely sounds like some sort of hardware issue.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2014”