bottom bracket

Father Xmas

bottom bracket

Post by Father Xmas »

when is the bottom bracket played ?

Asmodian

Re: bottom bracket

Post by Asmodian »

This week is a BYE for the bottom bracket. The following week(4th of july weeknd) is a BYE for everyone, but it would be very wise for the bottom bracket teams to reschedule and play their first match during that 4th of july weekend because if not they will have to play 2 matches the following weekend and that would be pretty crazy.

par73

Post by par73 »

bottom bracket weeks always used to be played two matches on one weekend, but those were only 3 games per match

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

kinda weird to have 3 weeks of inactivity ...

par73

Post by par73 »

it would only be two weeks on inactivity.

the two top brackets will be played next weekend, sending a team to the bottom bracket from each match.
in 3 weeks we'd have all 6 teams scheduled to play on one weekend.

playing the bottom bracket match between the two remaining bb teams would cause for a smoother transition to BBFinals the following week, rather than having one match be played per week between the remaining teams following the DE3 6 team weekend

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

ok let's count

my team played the 23rd of june
and the next match is gonna be the week end of the 12-13 july

to me that makes 3 weeks of inactivity

unless the week end of the 5-6 july is not declared BYE week

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

as far as I know 4th of July weekend has always been a BYE in MWC, but like I said after this weekends game when you know your opponent just schedule with them o play the weekend of july 5-6 so you don't have that huge gap. That would make it so you only have to play 1 match the weekend following 4th of july weekend instead of 2.

grim

Post by grim »

It was sometimes a bye week. I didn't have it as a bye week at the point when we started having teams with automatic bye weeks during the DE1, ergo the point when we only had 24 teams in the tournament post MWC06.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

as grim says it wasn't automatically a BYE week.

i know that rescheduling can happen, but mwc 2014 TOs need to realize that you can't
make some teams wait OFFICIALLY 3 weeks before next match.

Here is the issue,i can't make my team wait for 3 weeks, and it's as if you told us to forfeit.

Who wants to wait almost 1 month to play the next mwc match ?

Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

it's as if I told you to forfeit? I don't see how that connection makes sense.

It's really as simple as rescheduling. You are most likely going to play ULMS again, a european based team that won't care about 4th of July. I'm sure they won't want to wait 3 weeks either so it shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe ill just put a fallback for only bottom bracket games that weekend, but like i said i think a reschedule would be easy.\

Edit: yes ill put a fallback for bottom bracket games that weekend. That will make it easy.

Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

Asmodian wrote:
Edit: yes ill put a fallback for bottom bracket games that weekend. That will make it easy.
thx, that fallback for the bottom bracket will help us not too get too much unmotivated

par73

Post by par73 »

Asmodian wrote:It's really as simple as rescheduling. You are most likely going to play ULMS again, a european based team that won't care about 4th of July. I'm sure they won't want to wait 3 weeks either so it shouldn't be a problem.
this is a bad assumption due to the premises
ULMS only has one player living in europe. their captain, killerking.
killerking also opts to schedule for times he can't play if the rest of his team can likely show up.

Return to “Myth World Cup 2014”