BIG KROK V8 SS

POST YOUR SPEED

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

http://www.speedtest.net

Told you guys I wasn't lying.

punkUser

Re: POST YOUR SPEED

Post by punkUser »

Btw you can just click "share this result" after testing, no need to screenshot the page.

In terms of Myth hosting though, pingtest.net results are probably more relevant. Myth uses almost no bandwidth, but latency/unreliability will create delay.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Ah I wondered why my speeds were so low but ping was decent. 97 mb WTF do you have? That's a terrible down/up ratio though.

Wanted to make it look authentic, since people would be bitching that i photoshopped or found one on the internet.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

My phone is faster than that shit... When I get home I'll show you what a real connection looks like.

Your wifi signal is really weak, a good chance that might be your problem.

BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I'm well aware that's the problem. I cannot physically be any closer to my router.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

Get a wifi repeater/extender for ~30 bucks.
mike

Post by mike »

I use one of these to extend my wireless network. The router is in a wood-frame building about 250 feet away from my computer. Didn't help my ping much but throughput was more than tripled.

http://www.linksys.com/en-eu/products/r ... ers/re1000
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:Ah I wondered why my speeds were so low but ping was decent. 97 mb WTF do you have? That's a terrible down/up ratio though.
It's just cable. And yeah the ratio is pretty brutal... the only reason I have this plan at all is because I wanted at least 5Mbit up. Unfortunately the ISP only offers really heavily asynchronous plans. I'd be much happier with a 25/10 plan or something... the 100Mbit is sort of unnecessary (although it's nice for downloading Steam games I guess).
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Damn cap, what I wouldn't give for 30Mbit upload!
dac

Post by dac »

you can get 40 up 40 down in parts of cincy for 40/month.

its absurd

oh and punk, this is just for you.

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah I have one option for internet where I live, so I can't really complain :) As some people know, I had zero options for a year after moving here until a few months ago :)
dac

Post by dac »

what's funny is that's my work internet.

why the high upload and low download?

cuz its a room full of people who (if they're anything like me) are streaming music or anything else really all day long.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

dac wrote: cuz its a room full of people who (if they're anything like me) are streaming music or anything else really all day long.
Ah yeah that makes sense. Our work internet is similar... synchronous in theory, but in practice people use it more in the downstream direction.
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

My connection at my current apartment is OK

My old place last year was better

not bad for a $30 a month home connection

too bad I'm thousands of miles away from the next closest myth player so I always lag like balls...
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

UK is stuck in 19th century so this speed on horse and cart internet is pretty beastly!

p.s. this is the BEST internet in this area
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah Korean internet makes everything short of Google Fiber look like crap...
empy

Post by empy »

Nice
Arsenal

Post by Arsenal »

punkUser wrote:Yeah Korean internet makes everything short of Google Fiber look like crap...
It really does. What makes it so amazing is that the entire country is on fiber, it's a giant LAN. My ping is 4ms to speedtest... When I play games on KR servers, everyone in the game has an 8ms ping. Steam has a local DL server in KR, downloads are always 20+ MB/s.

The only problem is when you want to connect to a server that is on the other side of the world...
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Arsenal wrote: It really does. What makes it so amazing is that the entire country is on fiber, it's a giant LAN. My ping is 4ms to speedtest... When I play games on KR servers, everyone in the game has an 8ms ping. Steam has a local DL server in KR, downloads are always 20+ MB/s.
Yeah population density FTW... unfortunately not really practical to do in Canada even if the government cared to get involved.

That said, I do get ~12MB/s or so for Steam downloads, which is plenty. I really do want better upload though...