Video Intro

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
NewMutator

Video Intro

Post by NewMutator »

Hey guys, I thought I'd make a post here and ask your opinion on something, namely if having a motion graphics introduction preceding videos on youtube would be a good thing. I personally, don't care, but I think it might rope in some people who wouldn't bother otherwise into watching and voluntarily being exposed to Myth. Something pretty to look at could legitimize the content in somebody's eyes. So I guess what I'm asking is, how necessary do you think it would be? If someone with any kind of experience with this stuff wanted to whip something up in their spare time, that would be cool too. I'm open to ideas on this.
falcon

Re: Video Intro

Post by falcon »

1. Intro is always must, adds uniformity to all the videos.
2. Customize youtube channel's landing page.
3. You can PM me when you're ready and I would bring to you a handsome amount of subs/likes!
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

What do you mean the landing page? Isn't it already customized?

Yeah, I think a quick 3-5 second intro would be good. I can commission someone for this, possibly. I'm open to suggestions here.

And, I'm pretty much always ready--have you been holding out? :)
toxyn

Post by toxyn »

falcon wrote:1. Intro is always must, adds uniformity to all the videos.
3. You can PM me when you're ready and I would bring to you a handsome amount of subs/likes!
4. Profit?
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

If you're going to put any kind of intro in make it short and unobtrusive. If it takes up more than 10 seconds of a video its too long. It really doesn't need to be anything fancy so don't stress over it. Honestly I don't think you need one considering your videos aren't getting 100 views and you aren't going to be making it your job anytime soon. For now its your choice whether you want them to be 10% more professional than they currently are.
NewMutator

Post by NewMutator »

True. I wouldn't be doing it for profit but to increase visibility for competitive Myth. I think Youtube, if monetized, yields something like a couple dollars per 1000 views, so that's not a very viable option anyway. :)

I'll think about it some more, thanks for the feedback.
liger

Post by liger »

Anyone else notice the huge improvement in falcon's english?
falcon

Post by falcon »

liger wrote:
Anyone else notice the huge improvement in falcon's english?
All becaaze of your wiseness and the teaches on how to amprove engrish.
saboor

Post by saboor »

What's the best place to hide gold in an appartment ? I have 21 gold coins, right now I'm hidding them in the oven, because I watched a six sigma certification hollywood movie where a dude would hide special pills in his oven and the bad guys would never find em. But I'm sure there are better places
ska

Post by ska »

Cutard

Post by Cutard »

LOL