Seasons - Map Pack Creation Idea

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
headhunter

Seasons - Map Pack Creation Idea

Post by headhunter »

When Myth II was released Bungie included TFL maps (grave/web & trow/desert).
Desert was left virtually untouched (not even fire arrows)
Trow was changed drastically to showcase new units/play style
Grave and Web featured no change to trade sets, but the terrain was changed (Summer into Fall).

This idea is more for aesthetic (enter Zyzz) purposes, but I thought map makers might enjoy creating alternate versions of maps we know and love. I have imagined playing If I had a Trow on a summer/green mesh and I think it would look really nice. I don't know much about terrain change, but perhaps it is relatively easy. I know some 3rd party maps have done similar revamps of terrain in the past, but I can't recall seeing them for the bungie stock.
Vantobia

Re: Seasons - Map Pack Creation Idea

Post by Vantobia »

Yeah good one, I have a vision in my head of a green trow map and it is shweet. Who has these skills to pay the bills ?
wwo

Post by wwo »

Pretty sure desert had fire arrows until patched out. No? (Or was it Grave?)
Zak

Post by Zak »

There are snow versions of all the stock myth 2 maps I think.

I know of a non-snow version for dead of winter.

I've seen a grassy version of killing grounds.
falcon

Post by falcon »

You lost the whole point vr. He is talking about adding inventories to units on maps where they miss those and also changing the terrain features. Not just change or switch unit trades on stock maps.

PS: The 'If I had a Trow' map with snow which has been used over last two tourneys with mad Voice Over is lol.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

falcon wrote:You lost the whole point vr. He is talking about adding inventories to units on maps where they miss those and also changing the terrain features. Not just change or switch unit trades on stock maps.
Maybe you have magical powers to read his mind, but I have to go by what he actually said.. Go back and reread the original comment, he doesn't say anything about inventories. While you are there, take a minute and look up the meaning of the word 'aesthetic' . Here's a hint, it doesn't mean 'add inventories to units'.
falcon

Post by falcon »

headhunter wrote:Desert was left virtually untouched (not even fire arrows).
vinylrake wrote:Here's a hint, it doesn't mean 'add inventories to units'.
Here is some magic Mr. Smart Pants, don't tell people to re:read the OP when you don't read it yourself. Isn't flame arrow a part of ''inventory''?
No wait, inventory must be the tons of shit ass features on Mazzarin's Demise or CWR cannon for you. Eh.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

falcon wrote:Here is some magic Mr. Smart Pants, don't tell people to re:read the OP when you don't read it yourself. Isn't flame arrow a part of ''inventory''?...
From the OP: "This idea is more for aesthetic (enter Zyzz) purposes..."

He mentioned fire arrows, but he was talking MORE about the way the maps look - that's why he mentioned doing maps in different seasons.

I can't speak whatever language your native language is at all, so I am not criticizing you for not comprehending English as good as a native speaker can, but your English skills are not good enough for you to win an argument about what English text means with a native English speaker - give up now while you are still losing - before you make yourself look like a complete moron.
falcon

Post by falcon »

Lol omylrake you idiot.
a. This is not tain.totalcodex.net so I would like to start off with a fuck you.
b. He is not just talking about switching seasons but also adding the missing attributes to the already made stock maps, that I agree.
c. Talking about being a moron: "stfu and get your ego logged off. save your nerd rage for the kids next door."
falcon

Post by falcon »

'Give up while you're still losing'
LOL a typical nerd's response on internet forums. Some myth examples are : omylrake and ooganbogan
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Attacking the commenter instead of what was said is the typical last-gasp response of people who realize they have no hope of winning an argument because they finally realized either they were wrong all along, or just that they are hopelessly out of their league.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

holy shit falcon... nerd rage more. what a retarded argument.
falcon

Post by falcon »

Last grasp response, okay thats what I'm doing Captain Righteous. Also I'm not planning to win any arguments versus YOU.
falcon

Post by falcon »

btw i played the maps you posted and they are not goood.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

pigeon wrote:btw i played the maps you posted and they are not goood.
are you this stupid in real life?
headhunter

Post by headhunter »

this thread took a turn for the worse.
falcon

Post by falcon »

I bet you've no friends in real life vinyldrake.
and Kyle! you've given birth to a monster.
dac

Post by dac »

headhunter wrote:this thread took a turn for the worse.
vr's involvement in most things leads to this, even when he's right.
vinylrake

Post by vinylrake »

Ah Dac, nice to see you taking a break from playing with your own feces long enough to contribute your usual level of constructive comments to the discussion.
par73

Post by par73 »

MISSED YOU OM!

it's wild to have mna_om and pma_blades, most hated admins of post b.net servers making at least one post on gateofstorms.net/myrgard.com forums in 2018. outside of pma_aaron and pma_spond, of course ( :P K)
par73

Post by par73 »

falcon wrote: PS: The 'If I had a Trow' map with snow which has been used over last two tourneys with mad Voice Over is lol.
btw,
hmp made a file to disable this
Mapmaker

Post by Mapmaker »

This is actually an easy thing to do, making a seasonal map pack for existing maps would be easy. If Zak can turn thaw into a cave/lava map, anyone can do it

Last bumped by Anonymous on 18 Aug 2018, 04:17.