Paris is now hosting MWC

General MWC related discussion stuff.
grim

Paris is now hosting MWC

Post by grim »

Paris is now the host of this show. Forward your complaints and wishes to him.

The decision and preparation for it was already made before Asmo and Zak contacted me.
Giant Killer General

Re: Paris is now hosting MWC

Post by Giant Killer General »

Saw that coming, good riddance. I would thank grim for stepping out of the way as he should, except he was a fucking doucher for wasting everyone's time with this salary cap nonsense for the last 2-3 weeks to begin with. Clearly we all see what a huge failure that was. Let us all just agree that the salary cap had 0 influence on anyone in them making their teams, and move forward from here. I mean, its not like grim would have been able to enforce anything anyway. I was going to play with my full team roster regardless, even if it was grossly over the salary cap, and there really wasn't shit he could do about it. His only enforceability comes from the support of the majority of the mwc competitors, which there wasn't any.

Let this be a blemish on grim's mwc host track record.
cremisi

Post by cremisi »

Shocking ....
grim

Post by grim »

I'd also like to point out that it was GKG's first long post, that I didn't read, that reminded me how I did in fact not have the time or the energy to spend my time arguing over the internet this summer.
Giant Killer General

Yes, some people actually look forward to playing in mwc in the summer with their group of friends. Whuda thunk it?
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Regardless of Grim's shortcomings in regards to this salary cap business... I think we still owe Grim thanks for the website and stuff. The salary cap perhaps was decent in theory... but as we see now... not in practice. It really should not has been tested on a mwc for the first time... but w/e... water under the bridge now.
par73

Post by par73 »

salary cap was decent in theory;
yet absolutely inappropriate to do during mwc time

MWC is a time of free will, freedom to show up and freedom of choice to play on the team you want. traditions of freedom really.
grim

Post by grim »

Just fyi, me not doing this has nothing to do with the salary cap. I didn't want to host MWC in the first place this year, but Tirri and Limp bamboozled me into it. I just don't have the time for it this summer. I'm not even going to play in the tournament so I don't really see the point.

But glad to see GKG is being a complete douchewad as usual.
Giant Killer General

Well about the website, toxyn no doubt is really the one that put in almost all of the work putting it together. Grim seems to be using it to exert his own rules on the community. One being this attempt at this salary cap nonsense. Two being by not letting kirk onto the forums. Three being, not letting other more active people contribute to this website such as Punkuser who has a lot of great ideas and is actually working on them, or even just more active moderators on the forum.

He clearly doesn't have the time for the community anymore, yet wants to exclude others at the same time. The community should be moderating itself, not by yet another (hi mariusnet ppl) set of inactive people.
Giant Killer General

Yea Grim, I guess we will never know how you didn't know that you wouldn't have time for it 2-3 weeks ago when you got "bamboozled" into it, but now have finally had that revelation. I only give out that which people earn, and you've definitely earned this one buddy, in spades.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Well the kirk thing... i dont really blame him for that. Kirk has a habit of destroying forums lol.
Giant Killer General

That isn't for him to decide. I am pretty sure the vast majority of myth would want kirk on these forums. And its not like that isnt the exact reason why you have active moderators.
grim

Post by grim »

Jesus fucking christ you truely are a complete fucking idiot GKG.

Yes indeed the whole point of this site is so that I can "extent my own rules" for this community. It had nothing to do with gaining one place for the community (for a game that I don't even play anymore) so we don't just have MWC forums every summer and then nothing but the dead season upon us for the rest of the season. You've been here the entire time using the forums, but I guess I'm just forcing you to be here. For fucks sake you are fucking moron.

And as for extending my own rules for the community, the 8 times I've hosted MWC I've extended quite a lot of arbitary rules for the tournament. But I guess you've been absent for the majority of them or you lack some major braincells, or possibly both, let me remind you just what I've implemented. The ball rating systems for threat assessments, opened up threat assessments in general for the public, 8 point scoring system and now this current scoring system, current CTF scoring system, current fallback system, substitute system, the current forum model of hosting tournaments and the model where there's 5 different maps per round. I'm not even going to bother with the old "MWC wouldn't even be here without me" thing as I'm sure you and other heroes like Dac will jump in to question that too. Those are just taken from the top of my head, so I most likely forgot quite a lot of them. They are examples of me extending my own rules for the tournament community and every single one of them was met with the same crap from insignificant fucktards like you.

And as for the Kirk thing, god damn you are fucking stupid. Of course it is for me and Toxyn to decide. You are welcome to make a failed attempt at making a community site, like your amazing MWC10 effort, and let Kirk in.

Now go choke on your own strategy articles and die.
dac

Post by dac »

thanks for mentioning me!

dont forget that you died for our sins and would like a 10% tithe to guarantee our afterlife.

enjoy whatever life has for you elsewhere! and thanks for having toxyn make the site - its actually pretty good!
Giant Killer General

LOL!

First of all, I didn't say anything about every other mwc you hosted. But thanks for the irrelevant paragraph on that. This is ONLY about what you did just now, which is to drag the entire community through the mud for 2-3 weeks, and apparently still not giving a fuck about the lack of respect that showed absolutely everyone in the community.

Second of all, did you really just try to argue that this wasn't to extend your own rules, then admit to imposing the kirk-exclusion rule? Are you really that fucking retarded grim?

What is most hilarious about that is you and toxyn aren't even going to be around as we have all seen since this site has come up, and as you have both admitted to. So what the fuck do you care about kirk being on a forum you barely are going to be around for ANYWAY? That is the ULTIMATE butthurt showing right there. Excluding a member from the community that you barely particiipate in out of pure SPITE.

Well at least now we all know now that you are no better than OM. Thanks for showing your true colors long at last.

Hey everyone, we got a new community website away from mariusnet retards who are largely inactive but spend 90% of what little activity they have just to enforce idiotic rules that no one wants but themselves. HOORAY right? Oh wait, this community website is run by people who do the same thing. fucking shit balls.

Punkuser, save us all.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Y'all need to relax and just take comfort in the fact that there is a MWC this year at all. It's 2013 lol... I remember sitting in the lobby 5 yrs ago thinking the end was near. Yet here we are.
CheezeFist

Post by CheezeFist »

As a person who tried to host a MWC that was unsuccessful in the end I salute Grim for putting up with the kind of shit, highlighted in the thread above, that he has for so many years.
par73

Post by par73 »

adrenaline wrote:Y'all need to relax and just take comfort in the fact that there is a MWC this year at all. It's 2013 lol... I remember sitting in the lobby 5 yrs ago thinking the end was near. Yet here we are.
Lol that was the armageddon effect adren ;)
headhunter

Post by headhunter »

As someone who doesn't care what the rules are for forming teams and is just happy that teams for MWC are in option in 2013, just want to say thanks for trying to make things competitive Grim.

Despite their skill level, certain players have proven beyond a doubt their level of selfishness and immaturity this season.

How dare Grim try to make Myth competitive with 100 active players... You guys who whined and whined and whined about the ball rating are an unsettling bunch.

Good luck Paris.
Giant Killer General

By the way, just want to also point out how grim banned kirk for making death threats years ago, yet is making his own now just fine. hypocrisy at its finest yet again.
Aki

Post by Aki »

grim wrote:let me remind you just what I've implemented. The ball rating systems for threat assessments, opened up threat assessments in general for the public, 8 point scoring system and now this current scoring system, current CTF scoring system, current fallback system, substitute system, the current forum model of hosting tournaments and the model where there's 5 different maps per round.
Don't tempt me, grim.
Giant Killer General

MWC would not be here without him, just remember that aki.

Of course, it is 2013 and mwc is still here just fine without him, not to mention following a whopping two 2-team draft tournaments in the off-season (the most in a long time) which he had absolutely nothing to do with, but that's beside the point.

Grim is no doubt THE T.O. that deserves the majority of the credit, fuck all the other T.O.'s. He invented almost everything himself, even the 5 different maps per round. There wouldn't even be matches with 5 different maps without grim, just remember that you guys.

And also a 1-5 ratings system that he gave a pretty name. Seriously, who else could possibly think of that? He invented threat assessments for the public! A scoring system, because you know, win-loss-tie wasn't good enough. He set fallbacks! Substitutes (I still don't even remember that one!)! FORUM MODELS? LOL.

No doubt the community's resistance to those rules is very similar to its resistance of a salary cap that can disallow people from playing with their friends. That is a completely fair comparison.

Grim has not become delusional at all.
Zak

Post by Zak »

Ignore the trolls grim, you are appreciated by the vast majority of MWCers
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yeah while I don't agree with the salary cap, I appreciate all the work you've done grim and I'm sure mwc would still have been great this year under your leadership.

That said, if you weren't going to be playing and are busy, it makes sense to let someone more active run it. Cheers.
dac

Post by dac »

par are you going to use the weebly site they created already or are you making something new?
par73

Post by par73 »

can you link me to that, i haven't seen it yet.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

Can someone tell me why GKG is even bothering to berate grim when GKG himself failed spectacularly in his own effort to host MWC and couldn't even get a site up? Wait, isn't grim the one covered for GKG's failure that year?

To grimcock: Thanks for hosting all those past successful MWCs buddy, you did good. Just know in thirty years if I haven't died from ass cancer I will remember fondly the overweight finnish teacher pedophile who hosted all those fun tournaments. I hope our children play together at the park one day.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

What do we need another site for? I thought the goal was to host it all here.
dac

Post by dac »

punkUser wrote:What do we need another site for? I thought the goal was to host it all here.
because its controlled by somebody who ragequit hosting it and another person who is perma afk with what i assume would be zero intent to update or moderate the thing?
Zak

Post by Zak »

This website is fine, don't confuse people by making another one.
shadow

Post by shadow »

Well, I think we didnt see Grim in game anymore.
Good, old Grim going to Valhalla.
Shut up bitches and pay respect to our hero who let show go on for many years.

Quiet.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

dac wrote: because its controlled by somebody who ragequit hosting it and another person who is perma afk with what i assume would be zero intent to update or moderate the thing?
While I disagree with none of those points, I think we should strive to keep it all in one place regardless. If another forum is needed, that's easy to accommodate, I just don't see the point in forum + useless web site like we've had in the past.

That said, how much moderation and involvement do we need to have for this MWC? As zak notes, seeing as stuff has started here already, is it worth changing it at this point?
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Website is needed if you don't want to run some bottom barrel website. It is easier to group maps/teams/ratings/rules instead of having a cluster of sticky threads.

It is also useful for the people who don't really use the forums and can go there to only see the important information that they need to know.
Giant Killer General

Ah I am glad to see cu comes out of the woodwork just for me.

Alright guys, grim got his scheduled and much needed annual attention. Say goodbye for now, and let's look forward to seeing him again next year at the same time for his next dose.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Asmo wrote:Website is needed if you don't want to run some bottom barrel website. It is easier to group maps/teams/ratings/rules instead of having a cluster of sticky threads.
But you can do all that by just making an "announcements"-style forum with just the relevant information that only the TO can post to and update. And I also want to point out that the past few MWC web sites have been useless due to all of that information being missing, out of date or plain wrong, so you always need to check the forums anwyays. My thinking is that we should just do a *good* job of organizing the information in one place this year (i.e. forums). No need to reinvent the wheel each year when all we really need is a few lists of things.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

I would like to salute grims fine efforts over the years like my good buddy CHEEZEFIST did. :D
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

ZZZ boring, The websites are a great part of the tournament especially for looking back on it after the tournament is over. I agree it does need to be updated and I have been disappointed in the past 2 mwc's because of this.
dac

Post by dac »

punkUser wrote:
Asmo wrote:Website is needed if you don't want to run some bottom barrel website. It is easier to group maps/teams/ratings/rules instead of having a cluster of sticky threads.
But you can do all that by just making an "announcements"-style forum with just the relevant information that only the TO can post to and update. And I also want to point out that the past few MWC web sites have been useless due to all of that information being missing, out of date or plain wrong, so you always need to check the forums anwyays. My thinking is that we should just do a *good* job of organizing the information in one place this year (i.e. forums). No need to reinvent the wheel each year when all we really need is a few lists of things.

alright punk.

make an announcement style announcement as you speak.

go ahead and sticky a few threads too.

oh you cant? you need grim or tox to do that? whoda thunkit!

and thats my point. i dont care if it moves or if somebody else gets access or w/e, it's just something that should probably be figured out ahead of time.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

dac wrote: oh you cant? you need grim or tox to do that? whoda thunkit!

and thats my point. i dont care if it moves or if somebody else gets access or w/e, it's just something that should probably be figured out ahead of time.
No disagreement there. I'm just talking technology-wise I don't think we need two locations (site + forums). Obviously we do need active/engaged admins in any case.
dac

Post by dac »

and my point is that one person who was running this and out in front has ragequit and left.

if tox (or somebody?) doesnt give paris some sort of privileges then it's going to be the pre-sticky nightmare that the draft tourney was, with maps all over the place and matchups and blah blah blah. at that point a new site might be worthwhile.

of course tox or grim could fix all of this with a few keystrokes. the question is will they
Zak

Post by Zak »

I'm pretty sure grim hasn't ragequit, and I'd be surprised if Paris doesn't have admin powers within the week.
Cutard

Post by Cutard »

I think you would agree that if I only came out of the woodwork for you I've passed up many opportunities, not everything is about you though you certainly do manage to try.

Another salute to the legend of grimcock, host of many successful tournaments.

Also, eat shit english bob, I hope the real IRA firebombs your 1 room crack den.
dac

Post by dac »

thisforumsucks wrote:I'm pretty sure grim hasn't ragequit, and I'd be surprised if Paris doesn't have admin powers within the week.

oh, well your feelings of "pretty sure" and "surprised" are certainly more than enough to calm any concerns of the community. thread over.
cremisi

Post by cremisi »

Even though i am too busy with studies. but this thread is full of MS paint material .
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

grim wrote:Paris is now the host of this show. Forward your complaints and wishes to him.

The decision and preparation for it was already made before Asmo and Zak contacted me.
enculator

Post by enculator »

nice rant grim !
also funniest post of this thread is zak the troll saying "ignore the trolls" !
East Wind tmnt

Post by East Wind tmnt »

Grim ~the varys of myth. If you watched god damn GoT you'd get the reference TOO. Honestly, I'm with Ad – I'm glad we have a site. I'm glad we have a tournament. I'm glad people play. Grim tried something new, didn't work. Let's just leave it at that.
∑√¡£ Jake

Post by ∑√¡£ Jake »

i agree with east wind stop flaming grim
wwo

Post by wwo »

Thx grim.

Re: website

The community needs a permanent general site that is community moderated and not attached to mnet. Separate websites can and should be created for each tourney. This will allow for the general site to have all sorts of content (m2 d/l, nazi porn, etc) and mnet can still blue-bar the tourney site.

It also permits unique graphics, themes, rules/structure for each tourney without worrying about aesthetic consistency. Nevermind what to do with the accumulation of individual team forums (I would love to make them publicly viewable after its tourney).

Old sites can be archived and accessed easily. Laying that into the general site is unnecessary clutter.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Honestly, regardless of people dissing grim. Grim is THE best to in modern day mwc.
I'm sad he's not hosting it but i also would like to stay on same team roster of GOB which may be issues with re salary caps and such so i'm divided here.
Paris is a decent to though.

You still be around or even play grim? :(