just LoL

General MWC related discussion stuff.
drunken_deer

just LoL

Post by drunken_deer »

ok ive messaged like 7 different players asking them to join our team and I get the same answer in a different sentence from 6 players. I wont be naming anyone

-Sorry, but I don't think I will play or participate because your team wont have a shot at the finals?

This is kind of the attitude that kills myth and was the whole reason I created deer (a reason I almost forgot) to create a team from the bottom up including myself that would enjoy a rise to the challenge and not rely on veteran heavy hitters with the exception of perhaps 1 or 2 to learn from veterans that wont rage-quit like egomaniacs if things go sour.

People wonder why a salary cap is introduced, well this is kind of partially the fucking reason. Alongside an example of when zaks team pretty much abandoned ship in T.W.S (with prob exception of tirri) after the 4th game during semi's like a bunch of pussies instead of playing it out like good sports.

-Oh and I am not complaining they made a choice not to join our team. Answers like sorry bro im on another team is completely valid as far as I am concerned
NewMutator

Re: just LoL

Post by NewMutator »

There were two years (I think) where I said screw it and joined a team that I knew had no chance. The first was actually kind of fun, with go-kart racers. We didn't win (not even close) but everyone had a good attitude which made it fun. But attitude can only make up for so much. When you're going in, knowing you're not all that good, but that you're probably the best player on your team, watching everyone around you making noob mistakes, you can see why better players tend to want to stick with their own.

If you're not considered a top player, you don't really have a shot at getting on a competitive team most of the time. Exceptions would be if you're good friends with an "elite" in-group, are exceptional in some other way (writing articles, making wisecracks), or loudmouthed enough to convince others you know what you're doing even when you don't. A lot of players with potential probably opt out for that reason. I already shared my opinion on this in the other thread, but I think it's something that some players selectively overlook.
dac

Post by dac »

drunken_deer wrote:the whole reason I created deer (a reason I almost forgot) to create a team from the bottom up
so who are the 7 deer people you're building up who said they wont join?

and i remember you bringing on kirk and liger in one mwc, and kirk was definitely a top player at the time.
Zak

Post by Zak »

People don't want to join your team because they don't see any 4-5 ballers on it yet. I think teams need to be formed from the top down, not vice-versa like you're doing.
wwo

Post by wwo »

Maybe they're lying because they think the excuse they give is kinder than telling you you're a worthless, delusional fuckstick they don't want to team with.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

Dac- I specificly mentioned no names, there was a reason for this but I will say that 50% were not on teams. Also mentioned that I like a couple of vets on our team which is great.
Zak- I agree with you but the problem is Ive yet to see in any way a 5 baller take upon themselves to train their own under-developed squad. It works in principle but isnt practical sadly.

Wwo- I have no comment to haters, as GKG said. Ill let my gaming do the talking. Haters going to Hate.
Zak

Post by Zak »

drunken_deer wrote: Zak- I agree with you but the problem is Ive yet to see in any way a 5 baller take upon themselves to train their own under-developed squad. It works in principle but isnt practical sadly.
noblesteed wrote:team so far:

ghengis
homer
cremisi
honkey
?
?
?
Milk Man wrote:Me and headhunter?
ska

Post by ska »

Zak go to bed!
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

thisforumsucks wrote:
drunken_deer wrote: Zak- I agree with you but the problem is Ive yet to see in any way a 5 baller take upon themselves to train their own under-developed squad. It works in principle but isnt practical sadly.
noblesteed wrote:team so far:

ghengis
homer
cremisi
honkey
?
?
?
Milk Man wrote:Me and headhunter?
Milkman and Headhunter are 3 ballers I.M.O and I am talking like complete newbies. I started my own team in 08, played a MWC tournament in 08 under KillerKing and from there formed my own team from 2 ballers. Im talking like 1, 5 Ball player , maybe two taking on a whole roster of 2 ballers. I would love to see someone like GKG take upon themselves a team with players like King Carnage, Edulus ect and turn them into a solid mid-high 3 ball team.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

I'm pretty sure anyone (not just GKG) would quit myth and video games for good if they had to play with that kinda team drunken (the edulus/kingcarnage one), it wouldn't be because of the skill disparity but because of their.... well I'll let someone nastier than me insert the words.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

a team with players like King Carnage, Edulus ect and turn them into a solid mid-high 3 ball team.
I had to re-read this to make sure I was really seeing this. GKG would have a better chance winning games solo than teaming with players like that.
Dantski wrote:I'm pretty sure anyone (not just GKG) would quit myth and video games for good if they had to play with that kinda team drunken (the edulus/kingcarnage one), it wouldn't be because of the skill disparity but because of their.... well I'll let someone nastier than me insert the words.
dac

Post by dac »

drunken_deer wrote:Ive yet to see in any way a 5 baller take upon themselves to train their own under-developed squad.
kirk joined deer, liger capped to help show you guys how to play.
dantski led OoH. high 4 baller, same thing in essence.
ducky capping a pretty bad bombsqad team.
im sure there are a lot more examples cuz i havent been around for this crap in years.
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

Drunken, I captained TWD (a mediocre group of players) in a tournament probably before you were playing. I have been around a long time, what makes you think I haven't already been there and done that? I have. Lot's of people have as dac pointed out with his examples.

I have been training mythers for over a decade. I have probably trained several dozens of mythers over the years, including good players and bad players. Either through 1v1s, melees, or anything else. There are not a lot of good 1v1ers on myth who can say that they got good at 1v1 without being influenced by me.

Even recently, I helped train Dac, Pallidice, and Punkuser early on in the draft tournament to help them and help my team. So you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I continue to help people out through mediums such as GKGTV on youtube.

A few years ago I campaigned on the forums and in the lobbies to personally reach out to newbies / mediocre players and help them since so many players seem unable to help themselves. The end result was disappointing, only a handful of newbies even expressed any kind of interest, and only a very few actually followed through and would spend time with me to help them out. Of those that I helped, I don't think any of them really permanently improved. They would temporarily improve and then go back to making the same shitty mistakes and bad habits they have reinforced for many many years.

The big lesson I took away from that experience was that newbies are newbies for a good reason. Most of them don't want help, they are perfectly fine playing like shit the way they are. A few of them do want to get better, but not badly enough to actually put forth any time and effort in trying to do so. And the last remaining few that will put in the time and effort, either won't listen or just won't really learn for whatever reason.

The greatest success I have had in training mythers has been with good players, and I have done that with many many players. I can make good players better, because they want to, and they are smart enough to learn quickly. A lot of other players are just plain dumb.

Which is why I will continue to train people on my MWC teams. What makes you think that I won't be doing some training on my current mwc team? Just because everyone is very good? I do it all the time. Even if the better players weren't more deserving of it (which they are) the bad players either don't want the help, or don't want to put in the effort. Furthermore, the good players are advanced enough to be able to learn more from the tournament setting. Bad players do not need to be playing in tournaments, they haven't even covered the basics yet.

If any player on myth wanted help, they need only ask me. Those newbies don't need a tournament setting to help them get better, that is the biggest crock of shit that people bring up every year. They need to put in the initial effort just like everyone else had to go through. That means playing just regular rabble games, watching films, doing 1v1s, listening to others, etc. They have to put in the work.

In conclusion, you basically picked the worst possible person to name-drop about this, and you have no idea wtf you are talking about.
shadow

Post by shadow »

It's pretty simple. Take me for example.
- I am not old, retired player who come back for MWC to play with his old buddies.
- And I am not old, active player who can take place in veterans team.
- Also I am not nice person. At least, not nice for general population, in rabble games.
- So, if I didnt take place in good team with real chances to win tourney , I will not play in MWC (like year ago), cause playing with obviously no-chance teams against veterans is worse then rabble games. Did I want to play in scheduled roflstomp games ? No, thx.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Here's some advice Bagrada.

1) Stop being a pussy
2) Make your own team
2) Do good with that team and work your way up

What I have seen is it's players that have your mentality that never improve. Always looking to make an excuse instead of find a solution.
drunken_deer

Post by drunken_deer »

GiantKillerGen wrote:Drunken, I captained TWD (a mediocre group of players) in a tournament probably before you were playing. I have been around a long time, what makes you think I haven't already been there and done that? I have. Lot's of people have as dac pointed out with his examples.

I have been training mythers for over a decade. I have probably trained several dozens of mythers over the years, including good players and bad players. Either through 1v1s, melees, or anything else. There are not a lot of good 1v1ers on myth who can say that they got good at 1v1 without being influenced by me.

Even recently, I helped train Dac, Pallidice, and Punkuser early on in the draft tournament to help them and help my team. So you clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

I continue to help people out through mediums such as GKGTV on youtube.

A few years ago I campaigned on the forums and in the lobbies to personally reach out to newbies / mediocre players and help them since so many players seem unable to help themselves. The end result was disappointing, only a handful of newbies even expressed any kind of interest, and only a very few actually followed through and would spend time with me to help them out. Of those that I helped, I don't think any of them really permanently improved. They would temporarily improve and then go back to making the same shitty mistakes and bad habits they have reinforced for many many years.

The big lesson I took away from that experience was that newbies are newbies for a good reason. Most of them don't want help, they are perfectly fine playing like shit the way they are. A few of them do want to get better, but not badly enough to actually put forth any time and effort in trying to do so. And the last remaining few that will put in the time and effort, either won't listen or just won't really learn for whatever reason.

The greatest success I have had in training mythers has been with good players, and I have done that with many many players. I can make good players better, because they want to, and they are smart enough to learn quickly. A lot of other players are just plain dumb.

Which is why I will continue to train people on my MWC teams. What makes you think that I won't be doing some training on my current mwc team? Just because everyone is very good? I do it all the time. Even if the better players weren't more deserving of it (which they are) the bad players either don't want the help, or don't want to put in the effort. Furthermore, the good players are advanced enough to be able to learn more from the tournament setting. Bad players do not need to be playing in tournaments, they haven't even covered the basics yet.

If any player on myth wanted help, they need only ask me. Those newbies don't need a tournament setting to help them get better, that is the biggest crock of shit that people bring up every year. They need to put in the initial effort just like everyone else had to go through. That means playing just regular rabble games, watching films, doing 1v1s, listening to others, etc. They have to put in the work.

In conclusion, you basically picked the worst possible person to name-drop about this, and you have no idea wtf you are talking about.
Well I didn't specifically "name drop you" other than you probably the only real 5 baller around and for the record Liger pretty much shafted deer when he took all the units on Knuckle of Oasis and suicided them into Tcox. I am talking in a litereral sense, no unit dispersal. Kirk did help out a lot and if you read my O.P I did mention that there have been players on our team of a 4 ball caliber which is fine and he helped out a lot.

To what you have posted, I am not surprised and am glad that you done this. Yet you never mentioned this in your first post only that I should take wwo poor advice that I am apparently a delusional fuck.
Oh and your point is valid about tws also. Just wish more people would follow suit. Newbies need a kick and a shove of motivation to get into tournaments, half of them dont know there is even a website on gjol. More than likely its what you said they are newbies for a reason as they are casual players. Maybe I am just hoping for a influx of new players this year (fingers crossed).
empy

Post by empy »

I wish someone would ask me..... :(
pallidice

Post by pallidice »

Sorry drunken. I will play on deer if i cant get on another team closer to my time zone. that is one reason i dont wish to play on deer, U guys are never on at same time as me to practice or anything else. also crun asked me to be on his team before u asked me if i wanted to play on deer. I dont check email unitl van told me u sent an email.

Gkg sorry that is me you are describing. my brain refusues to learn new things and falls into same routine. I might have improved a bit thx all the same.
grim

Post by grim »

Forming a team is pretty easy if you just have the proper reputation for it. Reputation meaning that you dedicate yourself to properly running the team and not being a complete douchewad.