TWS21 talks

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.

Will you be around in Jan/Feb to play?

Poll ended at 17 Dec 2020, 23:16

2v2
39%
6v6
50%
Valor
11%

Total votes: 28

par73

TWS21 talks

Post by par73 »

Hey guys, it's almost that time again. What a wild year that's taken the wind out of some but left others more hungry than ever to get back outside ! As for Myth, it's been a rather interesting resurgence over the past year. I've seen many of the usual suspects continue to linger as well as the return of some old faces as well as some new. I'm here to open up TWS for discussion.

Last TWS, I hosted a 2v2 event. Since then we've had a plethora of events, I'll try to list them all:
MWC19, RRR3, WW2, Reignnoobs' FFA/1v1, Cheeze's Dorfball, Asmo's TFFA, Clarma's 2v2, Clarma's 3v3, Clarma's 1v1 (x2), The Grim Classic, Ghengis' Melee Tournament, Drunken's Coop Tournament. The Fall Classic is currently being hosted by Karma. Am I missing anything? The Milk Man Memorial Nightmare Before Halloween FFA Tourney Bash, hosted by Akira. I don't mind editing to pay respect! 16 tournaments since TWS, I've never seen it before :D

What the hell happened to Myth? What a great exciting year for this game and it's players. Big thanks to everyone who put on a show for the people taking advantage of a brief opportunity in time where many were at home ! Safe to say no one ever saw this coming, but what a great way to end/begin the decade!

I'm looking to The Winter Series, and thinking of hosting a 2v2 closed roster, a 6v6 open roster, or both. Even considering a rehash of the Valor tournament, something of a TFFA-2t combination tournament. Start of the tournament would be Jan 2nd and 3rd, since Myth is 99% boomers I'm sure hangovers will be of no issue as everyone is far more responsible than Lord Scary Owl. :mrgreen:

I'll be hosting whatever we can field although I'm not sold on participation myself. Let's keep the ball rolling, even Psalm is IP banned. Vote if you're interested and may be available in the coming months for these 2t events.

Obviously, most of the communication for this event, as well as all future Myth events, will be taking place on various discords. If you're not using discord yet, touch down here : https://discord.gg/5RqVCTStP4

There are far too many myth chats to begin with so if you're not involved in any of these it's going to be difficult to be involved. Most of you already know this, whether you hop on discord or not hope to see you on that battlefield with your bros. Consider this a Myth News Bulletin.
wwo

Re: TWS21 talks

Post by wwo »

What the hell happened to Myth?
Covid.
sei_lah

Post by sei_lah »

Anyway, if it was covid or nah, the fact is we have some active players (even if they show only to play the tourneys).

Thank you for trying to keep the community alive, Paris, and if depends me, I am able to help you w/e you wants.

I voted both tourneys, bc big 2t u need to schedule with more peoples and sometimes it doesnt work when the guys have another plans to weekend.

2v2 match (in the gk's melee format/anyday/anytime) its easier to do the match.
But i dont care, i want play.
par73

Post by par73 »

Ok, there is enough of a response here to do something of 6v6 and 2v2. thanks for everyone who helped build a ballpark for that. Sorry to everyone who had interest in the 3v3/TFFA styled valor tournament. Myth doesn't seem to die, perhaps you'll be the one creating that event for us one day in the future!

I'm just hoping the 12 who voted for 6v6 can spread the word and develop into at least 4 teams, if not up to 6 or more. These events are open rosters, but a 6 player maximum outside of captain agreement/TO permissions. having neutral hosts, tournament organizers and live streamers and other spectators is welcomed up to a certain toleration and sometimes necessary for the best, most competitive performances possible. there certainly aren't enough blunder reels going around and the more eyes on everyone's myth mistakes, THE BETTER.
registration for both events will begin this week. the 6v6 will consist of a fixed schedule for it's matches (SCHEDULE or FALLBACK). teams will require at least 5 players for registration, all entries will be considered. we're looking for an above average number of teams registered, keep initial entries as close to the minimal requirement for registration, i.e. don't sign up a team of 16 players.
teams will be flexible during the qualifying rounds period, you'll be able to add players later, some will get busy doing other things and leave, other veterans will make a return for late recruitment. expect many traditional mwc styled rules are in play here including the return of the grace period system.

the 2v2 will have an open scheduling: a sign on and play styled QR with some mandated qualification criteria... This is is the second TWS 2v2 and the fourth 2v2 tournament in less than a year. the style has been picking up steam and is far easier to schedule, accompanied by far less drama.
teams will be encouraged to play all opponents during the QRs, and each team will be scheduled to play each opponent twice in quick matches. after using the results to measure the teams' performances against each other, each team will be entered into a double elimination bracket to compete until elimination or glorious victory.

both events should fill up the first two months of 2021, with enough myth activity to keep us salivating for the remainder of the year. who knows what will happen for the spring, and when MWC will end up picking up pace... Covid enabled this community to play two MWC's in less than one full year's period of time, a well needed boost. as the Co-hype has died down, let's see what happens in these final days
sei_lah

Post by sei_lah »

GREAT!
We are with you, Mr. Paris!