Proxy Hosting Disabled?

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
badmonkey

Proxy Hosting Disabled?

Post by badmonkey »

Does anyone know why Proxy hosting has been disabled and if this is permanent or temporary? I would like to be able to host through proxy, but no longer can. Chaz's game is stuck in limbo, so maybe the server needs to be reset? Or is Proxy hosting a thing of the past?
punkUser

Re: Proxy Hosting Disabled?

Post by punkUser »

Hmm, shouldn't be disabled... I'll check it out when I get a chance (hopefully this weekend). Can give it a reset in the mean time and see if that fixes anything.
badmonkey

Post by badmonkey »

Yeah, as far as I can tell Proxies still don't work. Chaz's game has been purged so it's not stuck in limbo anymore, but it would be great to get Host Proxy back.

Thanks for your help!
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

What are you seeing causing you to believe that curiously? Gave a quick check and they seemed to be working for me earlier but can dive deeper if you let me know what you're seeing specifically.
badmonkey

Post by badmonkey »

Normally when I go to host, my Mac asks if I want to allow incoming connections. I click "Allow" and when I get to the in game chat screen the Blue Message Bar appears stating, "You Appear to Be Firewalled, Host Proxy Enabled." In the last week, this message no longer appears and whenever anyone tries to join my game, they get a Firewall Error message. I have worked with others who use Host Proxies and we all have this trouble when trying to host with Proxy.
badmonkey

Post by badmonkey »

Hey punk,
How were proxies set up originally? Any chance that option could be deleted and then reimplemented to kick any "cobwebs" out of the system that may be preventing it? I have no idea how proxies were implemented in the first place, I just would love to have them back and working as flawlessly as they had a few weeks ago...

Thanks!
Welly

Post by Welly »

badmonkey wrote:Normally when I go to host, my Mac asks if I want to allow incoming connections. I click "Allow" and when I get to the in game chat screen the Blue Message Bar appears stating, "You Appear to Be Firewalled, Host Proxy Enabled." In the last week, this message no longer appears and whenever anyone tries to join my game, they get a Firewall Error message. I have worked with others who use Host Proxies and we all have this trouble when trying to host with Proxy.
Same thing here and everyone else reports the same too. :( :( :(
Welly

Post by Welly »

Welly wrote:
badmonkey wrote:Normally when I go to host, my Mac asks if I want to allow incoming connections. I click "Allow" and when I get to the in game chat screen the Blue Message Bar appears stating, "You Appear to Be Firewalled, Host Proxy Enabled." In the last week, this message no longer appears and whenever anyone tries to join my game, they get a Firewall Error message. I have worked with others who use Host Proxies and we all have this trouble when trying to host with Proxy.
Same thing here and everyone else reports the same too. :( :( :(
Also Point is moaning about it too but he's being a cunt for some reason and doesn't want to register here like a bitchmade chode.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

If the "allow incoming connections" thing isn't coming up this may be a change in the client itself, nothing to do with the metaserver. If you updated anything (Myth, OS, etc) around the same time can you try testing the version before that update again and see?

Also is it only folks on Mac's having issues with proxy hosting?

Have you tried while explicitly forcing proxies on/off using the .proxy command before hosting?
Welly

Post by Welly »

punkUser wrote:
If the "allow incoming connections" thing isn't coming up this may be a change in the client itself, nothing to do with the metaserver. If you updated anything (Myth, OS, etc) around the same time can you try testing the version before that update again and see?

Also is it only folks on Mac's having issues with proxy hosting?

Have you tried while explicitly forcing proxies on/off using the .proxy command before hosting?
I'm on a PC these days. It seems to be something with the server. I haven't changed anything and the proxy host disappeared for me the same time as everyone else. Please take a look?
garnish

Post by garnish »

Proxies are down
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Weird, as nothing appears wrong again to me. But I'll give it another reboot if it isn't working for you guys.