Myth All-Stars 2018 Match Series - A Pre-MWC Event

Hosted by The Committee
Giant Killer General

Myth All-Stars 2018 Match Series - A Pre-MWC Event

Post by Giant Killer General »

Hey guys, given that MWC is starting so late and has been fundamentally altered with a salary cap, Ratking and I have decided to organize another All-Star match to precede MWC and provide a more "elite" mything experience to satisfy the other side of the myth community that desires that sort of thing. This is also a wake-up call and warm-up for the community to get ready for MWC soon afterward.

Ratking and I will organize and captain each team. The core of my team will roughly be a TMNT-like roster that has won several past MWC's. The core of Ratking's team will be super-stacked to the gills with every other active top player (see rosters below).

This event is currently scheduled for Sunday, July 15th, at 1:30 pm EST (One-thirty p.m. EST) However, this could change as we are still trying to check everyone's schedules, so be sure to stay in touch by joining the new discord server organized specifically for this event, at this link: https://discord.gg/qEk3V3c

The match will be a 7-game series like an MWC finals match, which I expect to take 2 1/2 hours (i.e. until about 4 pm EST). If the first week goes well, then we will also try to extend this to a 3-week match series through the end of July or August 4th, just prior to the scheduled start date of MWC.

There may also be a shoutcast of this event afterward, just as there was for the first Myth All-Star match in 2015.

Map/games will be chosen ahead of time by Ratking and I splitting picks using ideas from the community, and we will form strategies ahead of time just like any mwc finals match.

This is a quasi-invitational, starting with all the remaining active top players. However, this is also a show-and-play event. Everyone is welcome to show up. The top 16 players in attendance as chosen by the captains (Ratking and I) will play. In past All-Star matches, a few extra slots have been available allowing everyone that showed up to be able to play. So show up even if your name is not on the player list for current team rosters below.

If you are not included in the list of players here but still plan on showing up, please let us know so we can get a feel for how many extra people plan on showing and better accommodate everyone. If there is enough extra people saying that they will show, then a 2nd game can be organized in advance so everyone can still play. I have included a list of other players who plan on showing at the bottom of this post.

Team GKG

GKG (confirmed)
Cruniac (confirmed)
East Wind (declined)
Arzenic (maybe) - probably cannot play July 7, or anything in August (finnish holiday midsummer festival)
Dac (confirmed) - cannot play July 21 and 28
Oly (confirmed)
HMP (confirmed)
Asmodian (declined)
Kryptos (confirmed)
Verminix (confirmed)

Team Ratking

Ratking (confirmed)
Paris (confirmed)
Gekko (confirmed) - cannot play July 7th or July 14th.
Dantski (confirmed) - may show up a bit late, 1:30 or 2pm EST is better.
Tirri (maybe)
Shaister (maybe)
Adrenaline (confirmed)
Limp (maybe)
Thalander (declined)
Trevelyan (declined)
Myrk (pending)
Ruin (pending)
Samuel (pending)
Rawr (confirmed)
Chron (maybe)

These rosters are subject to change to make even teams based on who shows up when the event starts.

For the players on this list, please provide your schedules for every weekend between July 7th and August 4th to me either in this thread or on Discord so I can make notes of everyone's schedule and find the best weekends to play for everyone.

Join the Discord server for this event at: https://discord.gg/qEk3V3c

Please make map/game suggestions either here in this thread or on Discord.

Map/Games

Game 1) The Four Leaved Fen (Dark) - King of the Map, 10 minutes (plugin - The Four Leaved Fen TE v1.1)
Game 2) Highlands (Light) - Flag Rally, 14 minutes (plugin - Highlands TE (1.2))
Game 3) Vertigo (FG) - Territories, 12 minutes (plugin - Vertigo 2013 TEv2)
Game 4) Mixed Blessings (Light) - Flag Rally, 12 minutes (plugin - mixedblessingsmwcv2)
Game 5) Desert Ruins w/ R & AL2P (Trow) - CTF, 12 minutes (plugin - HMP 2015 maps a6)
Game 6) Under Muirthemne (Shadow) - KOTM, 12 minutes (plugin - Under Muirthemne v1.4 - to be released by HMP soon)
Game 7) Green Acres (Light) - Territories, 12 minutes (plugin - greenacresfinalv3)

Other Players who have RSVP'd

Spoon
Alfi
autist

Re: Myth All-Stars 2018 Match Series - A Pre-MWC Event

Post by autist »

no one cares

-WITHDRAWN
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Date/time likely works for me.
sigh

Post by sigh »

just another gkg fapfest. Enjoy kids...
Father Xmas

Post by Father Xmas »

the 2 teams seem pretty unbalanced, kinda weird to see that
Giant Killer General

Giant Killer General wrote:These rosters are subject to change to make even teams based on who shows up when the event starts.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Circle jerk time is here again I see.
Attachments
dumpsterfire.png
Giant Killer General

how do people feel about Sunday, July 15th at 1:30 est, instead of Saturday, July 14th at 1:30 est?
Giant Killer General

Date has been changed to Sunday, July 15th now, instead of Saturday, July 14th. Same time. This is about 30 minutes after the expected finish time of the World Cup finals match. We will wait if that match goes long as many players will be watching it.

Map/games have been posted in my original post. If there are known issues with any of these plugins, let us know.

I will post download links for each plugin in the next day or 2.
Giant Killer General

Myth all-stars match was a success. We had full 8v8 every game. Only 1-2 ppl had to sit outside, so nearly everyone got to play that showed up.

Match score was 4-3, in favor of Rat's team.

Final rosters that played were:

Team GKG

GKG
Crun
Arz
HMP
Oly
Dac
Verminix (6 games)
Limp (4 games)
Spoon (4 games)

Team Rat

Rat
Paris
Adren
Gekko
Dantski
Sam
Rawr
Vasazel

I will have punkuser add the games to the archives whenever he gets a chance.

Thanks to all who showed up. Next weekend we will just try a simpler kickball match to anyone who can show up. It will be the same time of Sunday at 1:30 pm eastern. As long as enough people show up, I will continue hosting kickball games at the same time every weekend until we have a bad showing, at which point I will stop.