Myth Fighting Championship 1v1 Announcement

Hosted by Giant Killer General
Giant Killer General

Myth Fighting Championship 1v1 Announcement

Post by Giant Killer General »

Banner image courtesy of Verminix

Announcing a new 1v1 tournament and the sequel to the Myth Fighting Championship that I hosted in 2013 (the last major 1v1 tournament). Here are the simple details:

Tournament Overview

-This tournament starts at the same as MWC, on Saturday, June 3rd. It is intended to end around the same time as MWC as well (around July 16th).
-This is a triple elimination tournament
-Matches are first to 5 wins while also winning by 2.
-Matches are open scheduling at the beginning. This means that you pick your own opponents at first (this is so that there isn't a scheduling gridlock). However, you cannot play the same player for more than 1 match (until all other players have been eliminated), and I will call you out if you are falling behind on playing matches. Towards the middle or end of the tournament, if the open scheduling starts slowing down I may cease open scheduling and start organizing specific matches to catch people up who are behind on number of matches played, and to set up the remaining final tougher matches that haven't taken place yet.
-Maps are chosen by alternating map picks between the two players. The lower seed picks first.
-Allowable map picks are anything that are the standard, reg-myth bungie maps (no myrk giants). Non-standard, non-bungie maps are also allowed if they still only have reg-myth units, but you must declare these ahead of time by posting in the forums. If undeclared, they can only be played if the opponent agrees to them.
-Standard settings of 8 minute lmoth. Again, gametype and time can be changed if declared ahead of time by posting publicly in the forum, or if both players agree.
-If the match is not won by either player after 16 games played (score would be 8-8 at this time) then the match is declared a tie.
-Seeding at the start will be determined by me, which will be heavily based on MFC 2013 results when possible.
-Aiming for a target of 16 players.
Giant Killer General

Re: Myth Fighting Championship 1v1 Announcement

Please note that I made a small rule change. This will now be an open scheduling tournament in the beginning until I announce otherwise. Pick your own opponents at first (still 3 losses and you are eliminated though, so choose wisely). You also cannot play the same player more than once until I start arranging matches. If people dodge too many matches and too many opponents, there will be a 3 step escalation process:

1) I will call people out who are falling behind on matches (this is a warning)
2) I will arrange matches for those who are still behind even after the warning.
3) I will disqualify players who are holding up the tournament too much (or arrange their next match against any other disqualified players when possible to leave the door open for them to come back in).

The reason for this is to make scheduling more flexible and easy so the progress of the tournament isn't completely gridlocked by one player or a few players (ideally, this tournament should end around the same time as mwc). This also allows any number of players to participate without any problems.
Giant Killer General

Re: Myth Fighting Championship 1v1 Announcement

Guys, just a forewarning, if we don't get several more players registered for this tournament, I am prone to cancel it due to lack of participation/interest. There will come a point where I can't commit to seeing the tournament through to completion due to such a late start and lack of interest, and therefore would rather kill it before it really starts rather than fumble it halfway through. If I have to pull out, then another person can feel free to take over if they want.

I will give it at least 1 more week to get more people registered, maybe 2 weeks tops if registrations are trickling in.

I forgot to advertise the tournament myself during the mwc matches last weekend. Help spread the word if possible.