Moving on from Week 4: PUYL SE, Live Draft, Big Team Double Elim

by The Myth Council
par73

Moving on from Week 4: PUYL SE, Live Draft, Big Team Double Elim

Post by par73 »

This is just a quick little post about where the tournament will wrap up following the group stages, under the assumption we finish all of the matches this weekend.

First, in TWDS17 the top 4 teams will move on to the Big Team Double Elimination tournament which will continue to be hosted by Akira. Each team will have gained 2 or more draft picks to be used on the player pool of "eliminated" players from the bottom 4 teams. Details of the tournament, such as map picks (I'm pretty sure he will use Cu Style) and structure (I'm pretty sure he will use Double Elim, round robin, or a combination of the two) will be coming from Akira. Stay tuned to his posts.

Second, I will be hosting two Play-Until-You-Lose style tournaments next weekend on Saturday, the weekend of the draft. In the event not all matches are played this weekend, I may choose to do this on Sunday instead (so play your matches because Saturday has the best turn out!). The first tournament will be between the top 1-4 teams, and the second tournament will be between the lower placed 5-8 teams. Consider this a last hurrah party with your small teams before they are either broken up forever or turn into larger teams with your drafted opponents. This will be a one day event, best of 3 semis and best of 5 finals. We will be using the map pool Akira has created from weeks 1-4, with the higher seed earning the first pick. I will either decide to not allow subs at all or limit substitute additions to be persistent following the first match (as in, if players sub for you in the first match, they can sub for you in the finals). This will be circumstantial based on turn out, and will be scheduled to begin at 2:00 or 3:00 PM EDT.

Third, as I've mentioned quite a few times, Akira and the captains moving on from the group stage to the big team tournament will be drafting their new teammates live. This will likely take place next weekend.

Akira should swoop in and add any other reminders or notes as he sees fit. Thanks for your time and see you on the battlefield.