whats this

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
Hadzenegger

whats this

Post by Hadzenegger »

myth ii beta has expired error

this some bullshit bros
par73

Re: whats this

Post by par73 »

lso was really upset switch wouldn't let him play with you yesterday hadz you sure are a popular dude as per tradition
switch

Post by switch »

"Nazi scary owl" and "deep down" should be banned ASAP.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Hadzenegger wrote:myth ii beta has expired error

this some bullshit bros
I second this. It's becoming stupid how they are forcing people to update a patch to even open the game now.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

LOL SWITCH BUTTHURT BRO

grow some balls idiot

also my myth wont open beta 1.8.1 v2 anymore
switch

Post by switch »

LSO: tells host to "grow some balls idiot" and goes on 3x dummy accounts. Also suicides wigs on desert for no reason. Gets booted.

Complains about "butthurt".
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

switch wrote:LSO: tells host to "grow some balls idiot" and goes on 3x dummy accounts. Also suicides wigs on desert for no reason. Gets booted.

to be fair that's not much different than what he does when he's trying.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Asmodian wrote: I second this. It's becoming stupid how they are forcing people to update a patch to even open the game now.
Uhh, these are *betas*. The reason they expire is because there is no guarantee that films and game sync will continue to work with those versions of the game as they are for testing only. Only the final release patches of each version have any guarantees on forward compatibility.

Speaking of, seems like the final version of 1.8.1 is out, so no more need to run betas: http://projectmagma.net/. Relevant new feature - click a player's portrait/icon in the Stats screen :)
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

my 1.8.1 has flaws in it. my windowed mode is larger, and the resolution is all jacked up, and the bottom inch of my screen is cut off so i cant see what im typing in lobby.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I was just messing around, but every BETA in the past on myth before this and the last one has allowed you to continue using that beta version even when a new patch came out. Seems like an unnecessary change to make.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

lol I did throw puss at wights that was fun LOL

yeah switch grow some balls idiot, dummying is fun and it wouldn't have happened if you would've just let me play with hadz

also Nazi---Scary Owl isn't a dummy account, its my new name appointed by Lord Alfred von Seekerhagen IV

just lol @ smo

and Pyro the Magma guy is in the lobby now for magma complaints
wwo

Post by wwo »

Not quite true. There was at least one other beta that expired, but it was years ago (or last year... Alzheimer's...)
Melekor

Post by Melekor »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:my 1.8.1 has flaws in it. my windowed mode is larger, and the resolution is all jacked up, and the bottom inch of my screen is cut off so i cant see what im typing in lobby.
The solution was given when you posted the same thing in the PB#1 beta thread. Did you forget already?

link: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... =15#p69387
Melekor

Post by Melekor »

Asmodian wrote:I was just messing around, but every BETA in the past on myth before this and the last one has allowed you to continue using that beta version even when a new patch came out. Seems like an unnecessary change to make.
We've been doing this since at least 1.7.0 (2009), and possibly earlier. It's not a new thing at all.
par73

Post by par73 »

i can't wait for 1.9.0 so i can imagine wwo waving his walking stick around grumbling "back in my day..."
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Melekor wrote:
BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:my 1.8.1 has flaws in it. my windowed mode is larger, and the resolution is all jacked up, and the bottom inch of my screen is cut off so i cant see what im typing in lobby.
The solution was given when you posted the same thing in the PB#1 beta thread. Did you forget already?

link: http://tain.totalcodex.net/forum/viewto ... =15#p69387
I don't have the pixel zoom option when I backclick the top bar. I don't remember the fix for it since I've been away for a while.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Asmodian wrote:I was just messing around, but every BETA in the past on myth before this and the last one has allowed you to continue using that beta version even when a new patch came out. Seems like an unnecessary change to make.
I don't think that's true at all... every beta I've been a part of has had an expiry and as I explained there are good reasons for it. If there are ones that didn't expire, it was a mistake of some sort.

There's no reason not to use the final one, and several known bugs if you don't (obviously... as it's a beta... I feel like this is a silly conversation to be having...).
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

The beta expirations have been used at least 2-3 times previously. Everyone is bitching about this problem way too much. The only suggestion I would give to magma is to push the beta expiration until after the final has already been released for a while, to give everyone at least some time to transition. But I am not fully aware of the particulars they are working with, maybe there is a reason they don't want anyone using the beta at the same time as the release. I suspect there is a smoother way to do this regardless, but the magma guys (pyro and melekor) have been really responsive, the final was available within hours after the expiration, and it is quick and easy to update. So who cares. It is free development work being done people, chill out.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Also, it's like a what? 15 mb download? Take the 3 seconds and update, people.
wwo

Post by wwo »

The only problem is for the casuals, who are justified in not automatically knowing which exe to have their shortcut pointing to.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

wwo wrote:The only problem is for the casuals, who are justified in not automatically knowing which exe to have their shortcut pointing to.
Right but the casuals shouldn't be using a beta in the first place really.
wwo

Post by wwo »

They won't know that, either. ;)
Boxer

Post by Boxer »

As soon as they join a game the host tends to direct people to the beta
Melekor

Post by Melekor »

wwo wrote:The only problem is for the casuals, who are justified in not automatically knowing which exe to have their shortcut pointing to.
God forbid some casuals are forced to use a braincell once in a blue moon.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

As an aside, can anyone still playing Myth and forward ports manually and all that be really classified as "casual" anymore? :)
wwo

Post by wwo »

That's like saying someone driving a '97 Corolla ought to know how to change the oil and gap the plugs.
Boxer

Post by Boxer »

I think he's trying to convey that every one knows how to program the vcr and a flashing out of sync clock shouldn't be an issue.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Asmodian wrote:
switch wrote:LSO: tells host to "grow some balls idiot" and goes on 3x dummy accounts. Also suicides wigs on desert for no reason. Gets booted.

to be fair that's not much different than what he does when he's trying.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

Just 2 fat 2 fit bro.

DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
sasper

Post by sasper »

everyone knows this is a 20 year old game. its not going to get much better. prepubescent kids know like lord scary owl. give it up... it was fun while it lasted... but its over