punkUser

Re: Rawr vs Asmo 1v1

Post by punkUser »

Why are there never films :(
Giant Killer General

Post by Giant Killer General »

asmo over rawr 5-3.

Looks like their ratings are a little off!
par73

Post by par73 »

ASMO BEAT RAWR? LOL WTF

BUT RAWR WAS LEVEL 3 TIER ON GKG 1V1 TMENT IN 2006
par73

Post by par73 »

wait nvm, rawr was on tier 4 with flatline
Giant Killer General

looks like my 2006 rankings were more accurate ;o

wait, how did you see that he was 4th tier? Is there a way to see that old site still?
rawr

Post by rawr »

honestly i made careless mistakes against asmo, he can not beat me again. i was playing to aggressive in the games i lost. and i started getting careless at the last couple games. you got to remember i havent been playing myth since 2007.. im no where near where i was. im not trying to make excuses but im planning to get better and better going into mwc.
par73

Post by par73 »

So somehow asmo has improved his game since 2005, who'd have thought
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

par73 wrote:wait nvm, rawr was on tier 4 with flatline
Nah you are incorrect.

Rawr was tier 3.

Tier 3 consisted of Me / Adrenaline / Rawr / Kalmar
I beat Adrenaline and rawr in our matches and i never played kalmar since became disinterested or something.
I think adrenaline beat rawr. Don't remember other results.

Also wasnt that tourney later than 2006?
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I vaguely remember that lol... I remember you slut rushed me every game hahaha. Think it was 3-2 or something like that. I did way too many drugs back then lol...
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

adrenaline wrote:I vaguely remember that lol... I remember you slut rushed me every game hahaha. Think it was 3-2 or something like that. I did way too many drugs back then lol...
yep. I took maximum melee pretty much every game and just rushed you. I think it took you till game 4 to start adjusting your trades/strats to what I was doing.
I think i won the actual match 4-1 but we played a couple of extra games anyway and you won the last 2 and it ended up 5-3 or something.

I did exact same thing to rawr and won 3-2 i think although i think rawr started to adjust his trades/strats in game 3 after getting rushed first 2 games.
I think you and rawr both beat kalmar so i would liked to play him since he was forever talking shit and pretty sure i would have beat him too.

I thought it was a joke or bias at the time i was put in tier 3 :ugeek:
Giant Killer General

yes flat i remember you thinking you were put in too low of a tier, but i am pretty sure you still belonged there and your final placement wasn't that different, if at all. mb you should 1v1 rawr now and see what happens?
par73

Post by par73 »

lol i remember that entire tier bitching about how they were inaccurately ranked and devalued
should have labeled it "tier 2.1"
rawr

Post by rawr »

how about gkg starts another 1v1 tourney after tws
Giant Killer General

I will accept any challenges, but the challenger is going to have to do the work. Last time I tried organizing something for 1v1s no one would participate without having their teeth pulled. I have nothing to prove, people need to step up to me. Someone else should organize it.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

You could organize it as a formality and just declare me the winner without bothing with all the pointless matches. pretty sure i'd win it anyway.
Giant Killer General

i love the confidence, but you just got to back it up now with actual results. I don't mind declaring someone else the new 1v1 champ, but they are going to have to earn it.
Professional Killer

Post by Professional Killer »

adrenaline wrote:You could organize it as a formality and just declare me the winner without bothing with all the pointless matches. pretty sure i'd win it anyway.
lol Arden..Adren!

I also think that a 1v1 would be a good contribution to mwc and tws. I'm in on this and hope someone pick this up and make it happend.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

I've had the belt before... and I'll have it again! It's too bad that last 1v1 tourney didnt finish... all the best matchups were left unplayed...
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

GiantKillerGen wrote:yes flat i remember you thinking you were put in too low of a tier, but i am pretty sure you still belonged there and your final placement wasn't that different, if at all. mb you should 1v1 rawr now and see what happens?

Well i only played two matches out of 3 in that tourney and i beat adren+rawr who both beat kalmar i think so pretty sure I would have beat kalmar too and gone undefeated in that tier.
So how does going 3-0 in matches equal being in the right tier?
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

adrenaline wrote:I've had the belt before... and I'll have it again! It's too bad that last 1v1 tourney didnt finish... all the best matchups were left unplayed...
You looking for another $100 to spend on booze? :lol:
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

I could host and run this tourney within the next week, but if it's me hosting the tournament it would be hosted and finished within a month because im heading back up to school soon.

It would be invite only probably. I have a bad experience from the one 1v1 tournament I played in with the people in my bracket. Any time either of us were on they would just dodge because they "weren't in the mood"
Giant Killer General

flat, you are talking about something from like 7 years ago, I don't remember.

In any case, you beating adren was an upset, I actually can't believe that adren was in the 3rd tier way back then, just to show you how much he has improved since then.

Even if you won that tier, my tournament format was such that you could still climb the ranks as high as you could. Everyone had the same chance to win the tournament, you just had to play more matches to climb your way up to get there. You probably would have either placed high in tier 3 or low in tier 2, so whatever, not a big difference.

and yea asmo, that is a big problem with 1v1 tournaments, people always dodging. If someone is too tired to play it right away that is understandable, but then they should reschedule for the next day or something, set a firm time to get it done.
Chohan

Post by Chohan »

Best way to do 1v1 tournament is just 1 big bracket single elim style. Fallback times for rounds if people don't show forfeit and move on to next round next week.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

Seeding of brackets is always subjective... but i agree that would be the best way to assure that matches get played.
wwo

Post by wwo »

I think Flat's trying to rile himself up so he'll play better and more consistently.