We are not pushing the MWC Finals back 3 weeks

limp

We are not pushing the MWC Finals back 3 weeks

Post by limp »

Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 2.33.10 PM.png
We are not in agreement with this whatsoever. We don't care if you have shaky attendance this weekend, as Ratking was completely willing to force a forfeit on us last weekend if we didn't have enough show. It isn't our fault ITNH and Syn feature many of the same players on each team, this is one of the reasons why our roster is 20+ people deep.

Figure it out, we aren't waiting 3 weeks to play the finals. We aren't going to punished by 3 weeks of inactivity because you didn't get MWC started in an orderly fashion or plan for labor day to begin with.

Play your matches next week, or anticipate a horribly attended MWC Finals. This is the very thing that resulted in MWC05 ending with no winner, and it would be conceivable that the same thing could happen here. I cannot with good faith say my team will be invested whatsoever if we have to wait 3 weeks with no matches due your teams inability to schedule meaningfully.

Once more, figure your shit out, or expect a possible forfeit in the finals a la MWC05.
wwo

Re: We are not pushing the MWC Finals back 3 weeks

Post by wwo »

BB should be playing 2 matches a weekend anyway.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

:lol:

no words, this is just expected at this point lmao.
Dantski

Post by Dantski »

Pretty sure both games get played this weekend if the first fallback is 2-4pm Saturday and the same time on Sunday. Never have 2 matches with fallbacks on the same day.
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

Why would you go off and flame him for asking you your opinion on scheduling? He didn't make a decree - he said "I'm thinking about this in response to concerns that have been raised -- what do you all think?" In the past people bitched about Paris making unilateral decisions. Now you're bitching about him listening to complaints from tourney participants, suggesting a solution, and then asking the captains for their thoughts before implementing it?

Your response here is extreme and unwarranted. I know that you have it out for Paris, especially since your MWC coup went horribly awry, but there's no way that you can justify such an overreaction to a request for feedback.
limp

Post by limp »

IT SHOULD BE A PUBLIC MATTER, NOT A PRIVATE ONE, PFC TB

PS. BENCHED
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

paris did ask,

me and ratking cool with alt plan

limp is again bleeding hard out of his vagina, if you don't want to show up fine, you can lose mwc by forfeit and give someone a free win :)

not like you have anything to do after labor day or anything, continuing the mwc wouldn't hurt you
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Ughhh you are an idiot LSO. This MWC is already a sham and the best team is out of it. Now you want the 2nd best team out of it too? This MWC finals is going to be garbage.
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

Asmodian wrote:This MWC is already a sham and the best team is out of it. Now you want the 2nd best team out of it too? This MWC finals is going to be garbage.
"the best team is out of it" LOL you are so good to lose to adrenaline, SO GOOD YOU ARE THE BEST TEAM FOR LOSING AND YOU GET 5TH

what a trolly idiot

I want the 2nd best team out to? i don't give a shit if YOU MR 5th PLACE "BEST TEAM" thinks they will be crap, ITNH vs syn or syn vs gom would be good games, who gives a crap if limp runs away or YOU CARE LOL

I just think limp could suck it up
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

Frankly I'm surprised he asked you at all limp. After your shameful participation in trying to steal mwc he should have made an example out of you. Let grown folks handle this business, we have enough ignorant willful children mucking up the works.

That he didn't burn bridges to TWF and BT proves he puts the tournament first. I vote to draw it out because that's what's best for me and mine. Whatever Paris decides I'll go with, either way.
limp

Post by limp »

someones mad they lost to Zak capping TWF and the other who got horrendous ratios (ps had top damage in the game that won the match rawr suck it)

paris thanked me for stirring up drama and making this MWC interesting with the failed coup, but it does show how much you care that you took it so insanely personally that i tried to intervene when he was not taking proper care of the tournament he started, just so you know, we could have a website and reasonable standard MWC rules and maps, what an asshole move by me.

i'm not surprised paris asked me at all, being that my team is the TOP BRACKET CHAMPION and paris and i go back about a decade. as the TOP BRACKET CHAMPION we have more say than anyone in regards to scheduling, that is finite. whats best for you and yours is implicitly unfair and biased, as 4/5 of the people involved in this private discussion are ALL ON SYNS ROSTER(LSO, Adren, Ratking, Paris). It is invariably unbalanced and thus should simply be governed by standard MWC policy, which is 2 matches in one weekend and the finals following it.

play both your matches next week or there likely won't be an MWC finals to have, and we all know how claiming MWC wins via forfeit goes, they don't count. now, i don't want this, but interest on my team is already waning, and 3 more weeks without any matches will surely kill any activity we have left.

as the "winner" of MWC05 i can sure as hell tell you, no one counts it but the players on the BIA team that "won"

again, figure your shit out, you lazy, whiny, shitty at myth assholes.

ps. you suck as a captain ratking, zak owns your sorry never-has-been ass
par73

Post by par73 »

Dantski wrote:Pretty sure both games get played this weekend if the first fallback is 2-4pm Saturday and the same time on Sunday. Never have 2 matches with fallbacks on the same day.
So syn gets a forfeit win to the finals because neither semi-finals team can actually field twice in one weekend. that's the scenario I was reading. Fielding twice in the same day would be more difficult as you said, but the Caps did good work scheduling the best time for their teams. Might have been the most efficient and timely rescheduling of the entire tournament.

If I didn't have concerns, and the captains of GoM and INTH teams didn't have concerns, I'm not sending private messages out saying, "How can we make a better schedule for the final 3 elimination matches to support all teams to play their matches to full efficiency?" Now that some INTH players have posted their thoughts that they could in fact field, those concerns are in the process of subsiding.

the team with the best chance of being around 3 weekends from now is TWF, as they have 50% more players on their roster than any of the remaining teams, and are guaranteed a spot in the finals. this is the team that is worried this new schedule will not work out for them. hilarious, really.
limp wrote: paris thanked me for stirring up drama and making this MWC interesting with the failed coup, but it does show how much you care that you took it so insanely personally that i tried to intervene when he was not taking proper care of the tournament he started, just so you know, we could have a website and reasonable standard MWC rules and maps, what an asshole move by me.
Did I thank you for stirring up drama? Or did I say I hold no grudges against you for what you did (i.e., acting out and creating a private scrimmage styled 3 week event).
I thanked you for making your team more competitive, that's all. If you saw more to it, you were wrong.

I was doing a fine job hosting, I think the only people with complaints were you, asmo, lso and someone who wasn't even playing in the tournament. Even then, I asked all 4 of those players to TO when I stepped up to put my effort into organizing the tournament with the idea all Captains should be Tournament Organizers on top of being Team Organizers. I think your response was "I'd rather see gkg suffer" than to TO, but hey weeks later you were suddenly interested. TO's aren't around to protect the "BEST" teams, their own teams, or the "TOP BRACKET CHAMPIONS", their duty is to protect each team in accordance with the collective rules to the best of their ability and let the results determine themselves.

You wanted leg room with your roster? You got it.
TINH and GoM want another week to prepare for Syn? They don't get it?
Pathetic. You're so impatient there's really no wonder MWC05 finals never finished with you as a leader for one of the finalist teams.

It is no longer surprising to me the community didn't jump on the limp bandwagon to "take over" MWC16. It must have been his unprofessional public approach to resolving tournament matters, but there could be more to it.
adrenaline

Post by adrenaline »

why is it always just you two, asmo and limp? is it the idea itself, or the fact that it's paris asking? I'm starting to think it's the latter and you two just have something against the guy. Rat, LSO, nor I had any problem with this. Who fucking cares if it gets dragged out another couple of weeks. Summer Myth lives a little longer, boo hoo. And should people have to commit an entire weekend to play a match on both days? Quit being so fucking selfish and ruining the tourney for others just because you have a beef with Paris. Didn't see either of you guys stepping up to host the thing.
Asmodian

Post by Asmodian »

Drugs are a hell of thing that's all I have to say.

Anyone who thinks this tournament has been run remotely well is off their rocker.
par73

Post by par73 »

So, we're going to avoid a MWC05 finals scenario unless at least 7 players from TWF want to step and and pledge their commitment to show up to a finals scheduled on the weekend of the 10th/11th. Now that Asmo 2.0 is threatening to tell his team not to show up and force them to play on Labor Day weekend, we can move on from this.

but anyway, let's check limp's logic here during his second outburst for control during this summer's mything events.
limp wrote:"We are not pushing the MWC Finals back 3 weeks".
- no we're not and I never proposed that. this is like taking the qr2 post out of context and using it to build an argument that fell to shambles because it lacked validity.
I proposed we push it back one week. Even as of today, that time frame is less than 3 weeks.
limp wrote:"We don't care if you have shaky attendance this weekend, as Ratking was completely willing to force a forfeit on us last weekend if we didn't have enough show."
You're singling out one captain here over an irrelevant situation. If someone with 23 teammates told me they would forfeit if they didn't have enough players showing I'd be willing to embrace forfeit victory as well, because that is amazingly pathetic. You already had 4-5 players online by the time you began bickering with Ratking, over a scenario that was irrelevant.
limp wrote:"It isn't our fault ITNH and Syn feature many of the same players on each team, this is one of the reasons why our roster is 20+ people deep."
This could hold some ground, yet there are more TWF players on ITNH than Syn. I'm not holding Syn or TWF to fault here, it's INTH and GoM's ability to field two full rosters for match time on the same weekend which has my concerns raised.
limp wrote:"We aren't going to punished by 3 weeks of inactivity because you didn't get MWC started in an orde fashion or plan for labor day to begin with."
There's no punishment of inactivity here, your team can log onto gateofstorms.net all they want at their own discretion from now until the finals to play the game.
limp wrote:"Play your matches next week, or anticipate a horribly attended MWC Finals. This is the very thing that resulted in MWC05 ending with no winner, and it would be conceivable that the same thing could happen here. I cannot with good faith say my team will be invested whatsoever if we have to wait 3 weeks with no matches due your teams inability to schedule meaningfully."
Sure the MWC05 finals were pushed back, but that's because when the teams showed up to play the finals they couldn't even field full teams. It was postponed and never completed. That is not what is happening here, where I'm simply looking for solutions to have the strongest, most competitive finish for the final 3 matches possible.
You're simply looking for drama.
limp wrote:"whats best for you and yours is implicitly unfair and biased, as 4/5 of the people involved in this private discussion are ALL ON SYNS ROSTER(LSO, Adren, Ratking, Paris). It is invariably unbalanced and thus should simply be governed by standard MWC policy, which is 2 matches in one weekend and the finals following it."
The bottom bracket finals have always had their own weekend to play, aside from one single MWC. MWC99. That tournament also had over 100 teams and had originally planned for a 3 day finale amongst the remaining 8 teams (Although this was overruled and taken back by butcher, because the teams couldn't field for the tournament format in that regard, despite having more players, care, and prizes at that time)
Standard MWC Policy is make TO decisions among TOs only (I'm the only one, unfortunately).
So yeah, there hasn't been a bottom bracket finals scheduled on the same weekend as the previous bottom bracket winnowing round in over 15 years.
Tell me more about standard MWC policy. No teams have been required to play more than twice on a weekend all tournament long, I wanted two matches per QR week from the beginning but didn't implement it out of courtesy for everyone's efforts to participate. Having not tested 2 matches per week then, I can't conclusively believe the next two matches of the tournament will field full team battles until I see the results.

Perhaps you thought you had kind of point that 4/5 of the players in the Private Messages are on syn therefore there is a conflict of interest. Yet if that's the case, doesn't adren and lso just forfeit their match and subsequently forfeit to ratking? Then we don't have any rescheduling private messages, or any issues about this. If only they came in here whining like you with threatening forfeits, then I would actually think you had grounds for that reasoning.
limp wrote:play both your matches next week or there likely won't be an MWC finals to have... you lazy, whiny, shitty at myth assholes.
myth hypocrisy at it's finest, baby.
limp

Post by limp »

I am indeed looking specifically for drama and some form of rivalry with it, there is little competition left in this game in all facets, may as well manufacture some somewhere. The failed coup and everything related was one if the most entertaining events this year, and with it manifested a side tournament of sorts. Juicy stuff.

Even still, your posts are endlessly run-on and painful to read.

Make no mistake, regardless of your dissection of peoples' 2016 forum posts word for word like it's some sort of dissertation, making the top bracket champions wait 3 weeks to play a finals match is incredibly unfortunate and short sighted, and represents very poor organization.

This mwc took forever to start, the website went live with 3 matches in totality left to play in its final two weeks, so I guess its simply par for the course that the ending to this entire thing be as elongated as long as possible.

Really though, waiting 3 weeks just blows, regardless of your essay breaking down why what I said wasn't factual or whatever ridiculous conclusion you came to that I couldn't read because reading your posts and understanding them literally hurts brains, and not just mine.

Obviously we will play whenever the match ends up being, but screw you if it literally takes 3 weeks to play two matches. All the captains of all 3 teams in the bottom bracket are on syn anyway, just forfeit ITNH and lets get this over with.

ITNH does not exist without twf and syn being secondaries for them. Let's just advance GoM and have syn and GoM play this weekend, with the finals the following week, seems pretty simple to me, especially since ITNH could hardly be considered anything other than a placeholder. ITNH winning that match means a completely neutered match with syn, essentially being a waste of time altogether, as ITNH is just a syn/twf conglomerate plus ska as an outlier.

Or we can waste a week or even two having meaningless matches with a team that is wholly composed of substitues who are all on other teams left in the tournament. Up to you of course, supreme leader Paris.
par73

Post by par73 »

About as many matches remaining as the last MWC15 in its entirety with no website so who gives a shit
oh word same case for your scrimmage mwcs lollers
dac

Post by dac »

adrenaline wrote:why is it always just you two, asmo and limp? is it the idea itself, or the fact that it's paris asking? I'm starting to think it's the latter and you two just have something against the guy. Rat, LSO, nor I had any problem with this. Who fucking cares if it gets dragged out another couple of weeks. Summer Myth lives a little longer, boo hoo. And should people have to commit an entire weekend to play a match on both days? Quit being so fucking selfish and ruining the tourney for others just because you have a beef with Paris. Didn't see either of you guys stepping up to host the thing.
you arent wrong, but in fairness, if you were staring down 3 weeks of no tournament games and had a team stuffed with people who only showed up for MWC you'd probably be upset about the downtime too.
sharkdrivingabus

Post by sharkdrivingabus »

Adren is totally correct. Limp is convinced that Paris is a horrible TO and will use any Paris action as support for his belief.

Asking team captains for their opinion and then responding to their wishes is not the sign of a bad TO. I agree that stringing the tourney out isn't ideal, but if all teams have their say and it's the best option then so be it.
Lizard King

Post by Lizard King »

The team with 50 players is complaining about not being able to field anyone? Hillus. It's pretty obvious twf needs half of myth in order to beat Syn but this is just pathetic. The loss of face/m2sbr this mwc has been substantial, for shame.

Smo what are you doing here? This thread is for current participants, not laughable 5th or 6th place finishers or whatever slot your shitsquad slid into. :lol:
wwo

Post by wwo »

Lizard King wrote:your shitsquad
collateral damage :(
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

So wait, there's 2 MWCs now? Lol you people are fucking retarded. I'll have to actually check these forums more often.
limp

Post by limp »

Or you can push it back if you have to LOL
Ratking

Post by Ratking »

You are such a bumbling fool limp
limp

Post by limp »

jimmies: rustled
Honkey

Post by Honkey »

Can I play for someone in the finals?
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

Lizard King wrote:The team with 50 players is complaining about not being able to field anyone? Hillus. It's pretty obvious twf needs half of myth in order to beat Syn but this is just pathetic. The loss of face/m2sbr this mwc has been substantial, for shame.
Leave it to die in the gutter.

dac

Post by dac »

lol pogue, all that gay porn you're posting is selling you out!
c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊

Post by c⁄J⁄Iılk c⁄J⁄Iån ◊§t◊ »

limp weren't you the mastermind of the last mwc finals that didn't get played?
limp

Post by limp »

If by mastermind you mean our opponents tcox failed to show up to a scheduled match for 3 weeks in a row, then yes, I was the mastermind.
grim

Post by grim »

There was only one scheduled match time though, in which 3 games were played untill the host had to leave or something.
Pogue

Post by Pogue »

dac wrote:lol pogue, all that gay porn you're posting is selling you out!
LOL.