myth v1.8.1

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.
par73

myth v1.8.1

Post by par73 »

when's the next bad larry patch coming out !?!
punkUser

Re: myth v1.8.1

Post by punkUser »

We're doing some testing on it now actually - anticipate a public test build in the near future! Would be great to get some people to download it and give it a go once that happens.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I want the ability to click through the top control bar. That is all.
par73

Post by par73 »

punkUser wrote:We're doing some testing on it now actually - anticipate a public test build in the near future! Would be great to get some people to download it and give it a go once that happens.
i seen myrd online but that sly dawg hopped out of the lobby too quickly for me to take a SPOILER ALERT screenshot !
I'm pumped, I look forward to myth's next development coming to the table.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

I don't know who is still working on Myth, but if they could actually include REAL players in their changes to give them proper analysis and change their ideas, then it needs to be done. A small group of people who are terrible at Myth and play by their own rules should not be only in charge of making changes to this wonderful game.
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

There will almost certainly be a public beta period, as there has been in the past. There has *always* been opportunity for feedback from everyone, so just keep your eyes out.

The place to ask/discuss this is the PM forums though, not here.
par73

Post by par73 »

disappointing to see there has been no news update on their website for over a year!
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

I would post on the magma forums if I could and help test giving feedback. But ya know...acrimony and all

But here yet again I will mention the BIGGEST BUG that I have NEVER seen anybody else mention of even acknowledge!

The Teleporting to ground Bottle/Pus dud. Yes R U in MWC finals and it is down to the wire? Fear not! You can just have the couple months you played in MWC countless matches and a hundred games or so you played be completely wasted! yes you can hit a unit directly with a bottle or bus and it can INSTANTLY teleport to the ground! There is not hit or even bounce registered by the myth 1.8 engine. Thus it will have ZERO chance to explode! But don't take my word for it! I HAV FILMZ OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!!! Check out Indi's dorf toss at the clump of thrall at 10:26 ten mins twenty six seconds. Ooga is in the game to and I had been telling him about the bug for a couple years. I have seen this happen multiple times over the years with PUS AND Bottles! Needs to be fixed in 1.8.1 If you guys fix it, I will mail you a COOKIE, a PIZZA ROLL and a Peach Pit! I know im super generous aren't I?

O yea and please add join games in progress because I know you guys are super talented and can make magic like that happen!
BTW Punk, any update on the remote host box you were talking bout like a year ago? And or Streaming the Myth engine's films?
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Never seen that happen before. Seems like an extremely rare glitch, but wouldn't that just be classified as a dud?
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

No it is NOT a dud. Because the "Bounce" or "Hit" required for the bottle or pus to go off never got a chance to happen. So it is a 100% chance it ill NOT go off when this happens. Compare this to a bottles 10% chance to dud per bounce/hit and a large pus bit chance of 50% chance Every Bounce. I have seen this happen and NOTICED it about 4 times with bottles or pus in the last 2 years. Not to mention how many times I just never noticed in the heat of battle. This is MAJOR gameplay breaking bug and it must be fixed as a high priority.
Melekor

Post by Melekor »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:I want the ability to click through the top control bar. That is all.
screenshot- 2016-05-26 20.12.18.png
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

YESS

What is 'Alternate Preset Recall' anyway?
Melekor

Post by Melekor »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:YESS

That's the feature that makes presets too easy for noobs to use ;)
Renwood

Post by Renwood »

NOICE!
Lord---Scary Owl

Post by Lord---Scary Owl »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote:YESS

When you want to select a preset just type the number that it is under.

If you want a formation hold F and press a number key.

To create a preset hold command plus a number key.