Another Awesome Myth Plugin/Feature Idea

A single berserk reached us yesterday, after having come all the way over the mountains from the city of Willow, fourteen hundred miles away. He delivered to Alric a single package the size of a man's fist, wrapped in rags, and refuses to talk with anyone about events in the West.

UNIT HEALTH ADJUSTMENT FOR UBER FUN 1337 GAMEPLAY?

You may select 1 option

View results

BIG KROK V8 SS

Another Awesome Myth Plugin/Feature Idea

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

If anyone remembers the original Goldeneye 007 game for N64, once you beat the hardest level on the game, it unlocked the 007 mode, where you can adjust the health of the enemies from 10% up to 1000% of the regular health. 10% basically meant any sort of dmg inflicted would cause a casualty to the enemy no matter what the means. 1000% meant you had to pretty much empty several magazines of rounds into one guy until he would die.

I was wondering if the same could be adjusted for the Myth engine? Either an option in the hosting menu to adjust the unit health, or created as a tagset where all the units health is preset to a certain percentage. I think it would make for some pretty epic games and also hilarious ones. I think that on the lowest health setting, even a piece of flying debris, or anything that causes the slightest damage would result in instant death. Likewise with a high-preset health setting, you'd have battles go on for much longer because they would go back and forth forever until they died. So maybe warlocks can take 10 kicks from a trow before they are killed, etc.

This is just intended to add another dimension to Myth that I think would be a lot of fun and add an element Myth has never really had before, especially in gameplay.

It could even be a way to make the solo levels even harder, say if the enemy health was 2x what it normally is, and your units are regular as well.

Hopefully I get my point across enough and that this draws enough interest that someone can tell me if this can be done or not.
Chohan

Re: Another Awesome Myth Plugin/Feature Idea

Post by Chohan »

Krok ~Xenia keeps killing me in the jungle in agent mode, help spooniac.
DBSeeker

Post by DBSeeker »

This is a great idea. Shut up Crumiac. Stop crying because Kirk is a better more handsome player than you will ever be. He won 6-7 MWCs!
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

Yes this can easily be done with a plugin.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

punkUser wrote:Yes this can easily be done with a plugin.

Can it all be included in the same plugin, or is a plugin needed for different levels of unit health? Like, one for 0% unit health, one for 2x unit health, and one 1000% unit health, or just some sort of plugin that allows you to adjust it on the fly?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

BIG KROK V8 SS wrote: Can it all be included in the same plugin, or is a plugin needed for different levels of unit health? Like, one for 0% unit health, one for 2x unit health, and one 1000% unit health, or just some sort of plugin that allows you to adjust it on the fly?
You could probably do it will difficulty levels in one plugin but not sure. Would probably be easiest to just do it as separate ones. You'd have to ask at magma or similar as I'm not super-familiar with the mod tools.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah difficulty levels would be cool, but how would you determine when plugin is active? via a tagset I guess? I posted on magma too so we'll see.
par73

Post by par73 »

i'm pretty sure the difficulties already do make this change (besides the obvious other quirks like additional units to defeat) where as on timid light units are stronger and beefier and on legendary dark units absolutely slaughter light units; a dwarf on gimble timid takes more arrows to kill than gimble legendary.
BIG KROK V8 SS

Post by BIG KROK V8 SS »

Yeah I think you may be right. There are a couple variables that go into it like attack power and rate between the difficulties.