can't log in

Gate of Storms (GoS) is a metaserver (lobby) for Myth II Soulblighter multiplayer where you can play online with friends and strangers alike for free.
liger <3

can't log in

Post by liger <3 »

I can log into the forums but I can't get online on myth its telling me my password is wrong. I also can't use the private message function either its telling me I'm too new. Any help?
punkUser

Re: can't log in

Post by punkUser »

Regular notes about entering your username and password exactly as on the site, caps the same, etc. Formatting is stipped from login names so if you have a |p or something in your username that's not going to work. Super-long passwords might pose problems too but yeah.

PMs on the site are allowed after some number of posts IIRC to prevent spam bot issues. That doesn't affect anything on the metaserver.
liger <3

Post by liger <3 »

I do have a long password but it fits into the text box/bar. Is there some way I can change my password to a shorter one?

Who is Lord---Scary Owl?
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

"Long" is like 20+ characters or so IIRC, but you can test using a different one and see if that's the issue. You can change it in the User Control Panel on the forums (top left).
liger <3

Post by liger <3 »

I changed my password and I still cant login. Why me?
par73

Post by par73 »

too much love in your name
rearview

Post by rearview »

Myth doesn't want you back liger, especially not with a <3
liger <3

Post by liger <3 »

I still cant login
punkUser

Post by punkUser »

I'm not sure what you want me to do liger. If you can't sort out why what you're typing in the two places isn't the same (subject to formatting being stripped out of the user name field, as always) I can't really help. I literally have no way to see your password or inspect why it doesn't match - the server only gets and stores a salted hash...